The end of an era

zodium

Dalayan Elder
Allow me, if you will, to get right to the point: Legacy is disbanding. Harney and I decided this a week ago exactly. I don't have a whole lot to say to the general public except that we won, and in winning, we lost. In the end, it took us no more than five tries to figure out a strategy for any mob, and I estimate that we have the character power to take down all of Inner Prison except for maybe a mob or two that it would be trivial to gear for if we had a reason to. But the challenge is gone, and with that, so is the motivation for playing. We're not going to endlessly gear up for the sake of gearing up anymore, and we're going to stop while the getting's still good.

I can say without lying that Legacy's run has been, by a large margin, the best SoD has ever had raid-wise. Although I haven't been able to make the raid times for a long period, I've still been active as leader and organizer, and I want to say that I'm extremely proud of how my guild has fared since its inception. We went from a small group of 4-5 people to the single most powerful entity on SoD in under a year, and at no point did I ever doubt in our ability to reach our goal: being the best.

I'm not gonna thank everyone individually, because I'll forget someone and they'll be sad, and everyone pulled their weight very well. However, I want to thank Harney for what he has done for Legacy in the latter half of its life. Harney has been carrying the majority of the weight for a long time as far as leadership goes, and I've only occasionally set down guidelines for the guild. His commitment has been amazing, and he's been one of the best things that ever happened to Legacy. Although he likes to claim he's been the muscle to my brains, that's not really true, so I just wanted to preempt that. He has led probably five or six raids a week for the past six months and has been religiously enthusiastic about the guild, and it was only with his approval that I decided to disband the guild.

Hopefully, another guild will step up to the plate and reach Inner Prison so we can get that shit beaten. Who knows, maybe Legacy will make a return one day when there's some worthwhile competition from you other slackers. Best of luck. :)

As in Legacy is dissolving, or some of the leadership is simply retiring? Pretty weird to hear someone beat a game such as this. :D :?

Good luck in life guys, i can only dream that Phoenix Rising will one day be the competition to make you return!

/peace!

I had a somewhat long post built up for this, so I'll go ahead and put it in this thread rather than making one of my own.

Legacy, simple.. superior.. fun.. skilled.. self explanitory.

We started on SoD when the server upped with around a dozen members. Most of us being elitist jerks who wanted to be the most dominant force on the server. We were small, but we were skilled and we got shit done. Building up Legacy has to be the funnest and most enjoyable thing I've ever done in an online game. Co-Leading it with Zodium has been an adenture in itself.. Struggling to field 20 people to raid and just hoping one day to kill Lord Zirvane and in the far away future praying to beat the Manifestation event and some day work on Mirror Golems.

Legacy did far better than I ever hoped and far better than I could've expected. We became the most dominant force on the server within months of SoD coming up and today we're a solid half year ahead of any guild or raiding force on the server, no one is close to us in any aspect in the raiding game. Zod and I had been plotting to be the undisputed best on the server since before Legacy was even formed, and it has been that way for quite a while now.

Plain and simple, we won.. We beat Zirv, Seduct, Dergelak, Mirror Golems, Taesh, the first IP dragon Yashira and we were well on our way to beating the other 5. But all good things come to an end, we've beaten everything Wiz has thrown at us and we've done it quickly and we've repeated ourselves. There's nothing left to do, most of our "core" members are 200aa+ and the really stupid people like myself are 400aa+. For a decent majority of us, the only real upgrades left are found in Inner Prison and there's nothing keeping us around to continue playing this game. We've beaten all the one group encounters, all of the raid mobs we've tried ( save one, which would die if we had another attempt ).

We have no competition and it's boring as hell. Any one who knows me knows I hated Ruin ( Breaker ) but in reality I loved the competition. It gave motivation and drive to both guilds and the raid game was at its peak when both guilds were fighting for that top spot. Without competition we've got nothing to fight for, nothing to push us, nothing to prove.

Instead of fading out like previous raid forces, we're calling it quits and we're retiring instead of dissolving in to some shit casual guild that fields 8 people per night. This doesn't mean each individual member is quiting, I personally ( Zhak ) am going to be sticking around because I love SoD. Hell, Legacy may even return some day if the raid game takes off for other guilds. I've seen some great potential in guilds like Revelation and Steel, and I hope that Venerate keeps on kicking ass and progresses more. For now, there's just simply no desire to raid, I've been burning out not because of raiding too much but simply because there's nothing to strive for.

I had a bunch of shout outs created for the individuals of Legacy who gave so much and who helped build the guild to what it is, but in the end I really don't want to leave someone out because Legacy was far more than 10 or even 15 individuals who gave their all every day. To the members of Legacy, I've loved it.. and I love our crew, we had undisputedly the best group of individuals on the server. We got shit done and kicked ass while doing it, I will certainly miss what we've built.

How long did it take you guys to get to where you are?

We need a timeframe to beat.

;)

Almost exactly one year. Steel is one of the guilds I have the highest hopes for right now, so I'm sure you guys will do good. :)

I honestly can't say I didn't see this coming. I look at your roster and just see insane equipment from insane hours played. At some point, new content just can't come out fast enough, and people just need to take breaks from an insane schedule of raiding. I know my the amount of time I play has been cut back to maybe four hours three days a week.

Anyway, at least you guys had fun.

And as always, at least you're all modest.

That's a friendly jab, I'm not starting drama.

zodium said:
Almost exactly one year. Steel is one of the guilds I have the highest hopes for right now, so I'm sure you guys will do good. :)
What Zod fails to include is that amount of AA's most of their players had before they joined. Well, their base players like Linken, Coltaine, Vero (when he played? Was he ever in Legacy formally?), etc etc. I really never paid attention to who was in the raid group of Legacy before they formally formed "Legacy", I just know the guys who raided with the "group" who used to be in PR.

I started in March...started raiding in April. At that point, these guys were already very well equipped and had a large surplus of AA's.

I guess the point is that it takes time to AA and equip. up, when you have to start from scratch.

Or something.

I'm currently eating cereal and it tastes good.

It's all about intentions. His high hopes don't have to be realized in a month, or two, or three.

Zhak Morris said:
We have no competition and it's boring as hell. Any one who knows me knows I hated Ruin ( Breaker ) but in reality I loved the competition. It gave motivation and drive to both guilds and the raid game was at its peak when both guilds were fighting for that top spot. Without competition we've got nothing to fight for, nothing to push us, nothing to prove.

Legacy and me haven't always been the best of pals, but I like to think I'm not some kind of frothy gibbling crazy person--that said, I've said this a while now. With Ruin gone, Legacy just stopped making sense in broader terms; nobody to compete with and no AAs to get, the guild was full of incredibly geared bots and lifewards and relics, all gussied up with noplace to go. Many of my buddies left to join Leg at different times, but only the ones who left after Ruin fell to bits got the 'it's like warping to the end of a videogame' line.

By no means does that mean you guys lost; like you said, you won. You got to the top of the mountain and disbanding your guild in no way takes that away from you. There's no higher praise a MMO guild can get.

In many a pen & paper campaign when the characters reached a certain level of power, it was too hard to make content for them and they stopped being fun. The tradition was to retire the characters and make them NPCs so they would remain in the world as a nod to the the effort that made them great, but let the players start anew and rediscover the fun of the game.

Of course, this usually involved advancing the world timeline a hundred years or so to make the setting fresh again. :)

Nice to see a high end guild disband rather than go down in flames. Classy move.

The World of SoD will never be the same ever again the mobs will be left untouch for many years the players will rot in the char screen ( Talking about legacy bots ) makes me sad :(

Legacy has as many Lifewards as Ruin. I never understood that jab that Legacy had some monopoly on Lifewards.

rab said:
Legacy has as many Lifewards as Ruin. I never understood that jab that Legacy had some monopoly on Lifewards.

Hmm? I was talking about being all ready to rock but having no reason to pick up the guitar, and to my knowledge at least Ruin isn't really ready to rock right now. Also that clicker dru/shm rez item is just as good as lifewards are for raids anyway, people are just scared of the xp debt.

Yeah it was a off topic point. I'd just heard too much that Legacy had Lifewards wah wah idk, it's late. Sorry. You're quite right about being ready to go.

welt otay. Good Luck on doing that cmal4 mob im sure you guys will get a solid group to kill it someday.

Back
Top Bottom