The Grand Athenaeum - Plane of Lore Issues/Bugs thread.

Foolra

Misser of Due Dates
Being that PoLore is a quest only zone, I'm making one big thread for any issues you might find. Please do not spoil anything for anyone. Feel free to PM me on here or send me direct tells in game if I am around.

Hope you enjoy it!

P.S. Spoiling any quests or quest answers via the Wiki or server-wide chat is not allowed. Please let people do it on their own!

Known Issues
None! Everything is perfect!

Solved Issues
Journal Entries should now all work correctly!

Last edited:
Also for those wondering, the Deity Aug quest for Jayla ran into a couple snags... but is coming within the next week or so.

Er looks like the man of the hour lost internet... so post or PM him your quest concerns if any come up. He'll get to them asap.

Last edited:
Yes. There will be follower only content though (the only one I'm involved in is the aug quest).

Also of note Pariahs are (might still be) KOS to Jayla, but we should resolve this soon.

Last edited:
2 of the quests won't stick in the journal. Due to the fact that they won't stick, I unfortunately cant supply names.

Grand! We figured out the problem with them. Have you tried them again recently? If they are still an issue see if you can provide the NPC names.

Tested it, I can't get the quest again, but he responds with asking for 2nd step turnin.

Another problem we encountered is in the quest [Athica and the Mists]. At the 3rd place you go, noone responds to the quest, at all. We tried every single mob in the zone that didnt't want to kill us, including golems.

EDIt 3: [Mind Games] does not get flagged done when it is done.

Last edited:
Very sorry that I'm not around to fix these issues. For the most part, they seem minor to me. I'm also impressed that someone completed Mind Games already. At the moment, I am using my roommate's laptop and leeching internet from our neighbor's DSL, which isn't dead, unlike our cable internet. They supposedly have a crew out working, but it is still snowing, so I have no hopes of it being back up before tomorrow. I will get these issues fixed as soon as I am able, though.

Yeah, i've spent a few hours farming in both meilb and yaralith and tried handing the thing to everyone in the zone i was told do and got nothing. am I missing something?

Same on Yaralith and didn't try the zone others speak of here but the other one mentioned in the text with same results. I'll be after it more later today after some sleep...

Also curious if my toon having Amiable faction with Jayla is correct with max alignment bonus.

Same on Yaralith and didn't try the zone others speak of here but the other one mentioned in the text with same results. I'll be after it more later today after some sleep...

Also curious if my toon having Amiable faction with Jayla is correct with max alignment bonus.

Faction is totally independent from alignment from what I understand. Although of course a quest that may give you alignment in line with your deity may also give you plus faction with said deity.

I know this is the quest forum, but I am not making a thread over this lil thing...

No exit in PoLore! Some of these quests can be done incredibly early and noobs will roam in and out of the zone due to the adjacent zone being Erudin...my poor monk ended up suiciding on the Voice simply because he could not leave--I've had to suicide twice and /duel myself out three times because of this.

I do want to apologize for this again. I just spoke with my ISP and they still unfortunately have no ETA until service will be restored. A transformer literally blew up in our neighborhood (we thought it was fireworks at first.) Unfortunately, this laptop has no SoD stuff on it at all, and the office where my PC is is on the other side of the house, too far away to get a wireless signal from our neighbors. I promise I will address these issues immediately after I regain internet service. My apologies again.

I know this is the quest forum, but I am not making a thread over this lil thing...

No exit in PoLore! Some of these quests can be done incredibly early and noobs will roam in and out of the zone due to the adjacent zone being Erudin...my poor monk ended up suiciding on the Voice simply because he could not leave--I've had to suicide twice and /duel myself out three times because of this.

Buy a gate potion problem solved. Nearly every plane does not have a zone out and is a one way trip, there are a few exceptions but be prepared to find another way out, all the diety augs are designed with 65 characters in mind and are almost impossible to complete otherwise and im guessing most of jaylas quest will be as well so someone who is low level going there seems useless in the first place. There are gate necks you can get with minimal work at 65 so not having a way out shouldnt really be an excuse. You can do the first stages of the quest but the end stages are most likely going to require a 65 group knowing the devs possibly a raid.

Last edited:
Nearly every plane doesn't have a zoneout because it requires a wizard or similar portal to go in and out, and is meant as a raid dungeon than a quest area. This is an entirely non-kos zone filled with quests for all levels. Why punish the lower level melees? Either way it's not up to either of us, we'll see how it goes.

There are also precedents for having zone-outs. You can get both into and out of PoNightmare (at least for worshippers) and PoValor without a port. I don't know the rationale used to determine which zones get exits. Obviously zones you can only get TO by port make sense to not have a way back out.

Back
Top Bottom