The High Price of Knowledge: The Jayla Augment Quest Bug Thread

Congrats to Drello/Paxx for finishing part 3 first! This actually happened the other day, I'm just a slacker on updates.

Tweaked dialog a bit, especially during part 1, to make certain things a bit more obvious, in an attempt to limit the imposition on low level characters trying to exp around all the quest farmers in certain zones.

Also, the NPC related to "People of the Plains" will be more talkative.

Slight change made to dialog/clues for part 4 of Jayla. If you are on this part, you can hail her to see the change.

And it looks like Drello and Paxx hit the end first.

Still waiting for the 3rd place contestant.

Apologies in advance for thread necromancy. I've been working on this quest as my main, Jing, and trying to keep my alt, Jiang, caught up when I can.
On the second part of the quest, collecting the 4 books, Jing was able to get all books relatively easily.
My alt was able to get the first two books, but despite having the flag for third and fourth one, the respective NPC and/or drop area won't give. I've cleared the respective drop area more than 10 times now, while I was flagged, and tried to get the respective NPC to give him the book at the same time as my main successfully got it.

I know this quest isn't bugged, but could someone look at Jiang's flags?

I am in a similar position as Jing for the 4th book. The area which I believe drops this item has 3 areas. I have cleared a goodly proportion of all 3 including taking down all the nameds in the 2nd area without success.

Given that others previously seem to have done this relatively painlessly is there a problem or
am I just unlucky.

Nuchre

I will look at this shortly. Assuming you are referencing the books in the same order as he gives out hints.

Yeppers, I had no trouble with Book 3 apart from having to make up to certain types of people hint hint Jiang

The 4th book has 4 areas btw apologies on that

Hello,

I am having the exact same issues on my chars Mafate and Bohort.
I've cleared the areas it's known to drop at (my guildmate and a couple people that have completed this part told me so) 6 times so far, and nothing that looks like a book dropped for me.

Could my flags be looked at please? Thanks!

Your flags are fine (it actually looks like Jiang got past this part already). The drop was probably a bit too rare for what I wanted, so I increased its drop chance. This is really the only difficult of the four books to get, so it is harder to acquire than the other three. Hopefully now it will be not quite as hard, though.

Back
Top Bottom