The solo rogue??

BlueLego

Dalayan Beginner
So i decided on what class i want to play, after trying almost every other class. so i am gonna make a gnome rogue, and have a couple questions:

1. Solo capabilities?? I know on live they had little to none solo capabilities or none at all, how does it go here?

2. if they cant solo well, whats a good duo choice i was thinking druid.

3. whats a good cheap starting weapon, and anyone selling any on there listsold??

4. any other tips????

Thank you, any feed back will be most welcomed.

Unless massively twinked, rogues can't solo for shit.

I'd recomend a shaman if you plan on making it to late game, as that's the most efficent duoing combo I could come across on my rogue pre raid gear. If you do go shaman, make it an iksar as he'll be tanking. However, if you end up being massivly twinked, a SK or Paladin isn't a bad idea to duo with either, but unless you have increidble gear it's going to be rough.

For a decently cheap weapon i'd look into mithril piercers, or if you can farm a few hundred to 1k or so, there are a couple 15 dmg daggers out there.

Last tip, group a ton. Duoing without crazy gear as a rogue takes a rediculous amount of time. Also, look into adept drops to improve yoru gear.

Dunno about low level stuff, I was an untwinked rogue and I soloed alot of the way to 65, though it took me the best part of 6 months :D

As for Duo's, I never started duoing untill much later and then i found Beastlord and druid are two decent duo partners.

ok, my friend brought this up that monks on SOD do almost as much damage as a rogue, if this is true i think i find my self stuck between the two. any more information on this?

ok, my friend brought this up that monks on SOD do almost as much damage as a rogue, if this is true i think i find my self stuck between the two. any more information on this?

play a monk instead of a rogue if you want to solo

I loved being a rogue, but I would imagine trying to solo one would be really really awful. Theyre not great tanks, and like a warrior, they can only do so much without someone feeding them HP if they're taking hits. Furthermore, you wont get the utility of your backstab from the front until well into your AAs if you are tanking, drastically crippling your damage.

Well, at some point rogues get a stance that lets them do backstabs from the front when they get an opening. But again, as tanks we're rather poor.

Gotchya. It came out when I was already 65 and decently geared, so I've never noticed much stam loss, but i can immagine that it would be a much bigger loss to a level 10

Its like a lvl 10 stance, but it eats stamina fast, and the "opening" is really rare
I dont think it eats it at all, but that said the stance is basically crap once you get chaotic stab.
1) The opening is uncommon
2) It definitely seems to screw up on multiple mobs (I think it was mentioned before that it worked like a proc)

As for the class, druid is boss.
1) Regen
2)Regen
3) Ds
4) Can port back after you die miserably

I was an untwinked rogue as well. But i didnt box my way i did grouping and xp quests. my piercer progression was like mithril->ghostmetal->imp talon->ebb->parc fang->twilight rapier-> demonshear->obsidian shanker. Obviouslly i skipped a couple there but really as a rogue after you get backstab your piercer dmg in your main hand matters as much as being behind the mob.

http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=konad (this is my "slightly" twinked rogue) I play a monk as my main but I really enjoy playing a rogue. I have to go afk at a moments notice and monk/rogue usually is the "safiest" for me to come back still alive. Most of my items on my Rogue are from tmaps and the only way I found to "solo" is to have a druid lay on a few buffs (ds/regen) and get hit up with a haste, and take over lasanth :)

i only play my rogue here and there, but so far i have made it to 50, in what would be around 3 weeks straight playtime, at like 4 hours a day, if you put it all together. leveling skills and questing newbie armor was about half of that. i soloed alot, but what made it easier was having a 65 mage to summon bauble of battle, statted food, and spear/blade of power. other than those things, he is totally untwinked armor/jewelry wise (still has mostly newbie sets on).

honestly, despite the fact that i didnt duo at all, it wasnt as hard as people made it seem to solo. so my 2 cents is if you are going to make a rogue, and want to twink, dont worry bout armor and jewelry as much as 2 good weapons (the summoned ones i use are respectively 15/22 and 17/24 dmg/delay, with good stats) and a haste item (25% or more is great).

Unless massively twinked, rogues can't solo for shit.

I'd recomend a shaman if you plan on making it to late game, as that's the most efficent duoing combo I could come across on my rogue pre raid gear. If you do go shaman, make it an iksar as he'll be tanking. However, if you end up being massivly twinked, a SK or Paladin isn't a bad idea to duo with either, but unless you have increidble gear it's going to be rough.

For a decently cheap weapon i'd look into mithril piercers, or if you can farm a few hundred to 1k or so, there are a couple 15 dmg daggers out there.

Last tip, group a ton. Duoing without crazy gear as a rogue takes a rediculous amount of time. Also, look into adept drops to improve yoru gear.

i soloed all the way to 25 before i looked into finding a group but i was also picking door locks and getting loot everynight witch when turned in gave me xp, if you find you cant solo any more (make sure you buy medkits) pick up a tradeskill to do while lfg Fishing talioring mining theres alot of stuff that can yeld xp i did this for a long time made it to 40 then decided to make a cleric and once i got her to 40 we been on a non stop killing spree. i seem to find groups easyer by either useing both or just 1 in a group and making sure am in a adv band so she gets to level up too

Back
Top Bottom