The Transportation Matrix

Yeah I'm stuck at that last part myself because I can't get enough people including a tier 7-8 or so tank to go do that. It's kind of ridiculous for a gate neck quest. I did it before for someone else and we used 10 people.

The only thing I saw a little weird about it is how the final part (don't want to give away too much here. Though I suppose it is completely on the wiki, so not much I could) just goes from extremely easy to OMGWTF. I think it's fine for a quest with so many alignment hits, and personally enjoyed it, but the contrast is kind of jarring. I think increasing the difficulty of the beginning of the final event up just a notch (pretty sure you know what I mean here) would lead to a smoother progression, allowing for someone to figure out in the beginning of the event that it was too difficult for them to do rather than at the very end.

when I did this I tried to duo it and died so I got more people and won.

It wasnt so hard tbh.

it's hard to find people who will take 10 minutes out otf their busy schedule of afking in sadri

I can two box it. The point stands that no t4 group would be able to do this, you'd need probably two groups. That's pretty silly considering the quest requires nothing more than a t3 group to do the rest of.

Sorry to bump an old tread, but I just finished Daffie's gate neck, and I have to agree with Thade. It is a totally silly jump in difficulty. Daffie, with a 1hs/shield, (fomelo in sig) had no shot tanking this. (Before you say I did this wrong, we had a high tier cleric, medium tier shaman, and high tier druid healing.) We ended up ringer tanking it to win.

To counter what was posted prior, I do not believe a tier 4 tank was the MT for this fight. No chance in hell.

BTW, the only loot from this encounter is the quest flag for the person on that step.

Just my 2cp.

Edit - Thanks for the assist neg!

Edit - I should have added that this is a cool quest until the Thaz box requirement and the difficulty of the guarding of the matrix.

Last edited:
Sorry to bump an old tread, but I just finished Daffie's gate neck, and I have to agree with Thade. It is a totally silly jump in difficulty. Daffie, with a 1hs/shield, (fomelo in sig) had no shot tanking this. (Before you say I did this wrong, we had a high tier cleric, medium tier shaman, and high tier druid healing.) We ended up ringer tanking it to win.
I'd make this guy somewhat different in hindsight, but allas I can't any more...

BTW, the only loot from this encounter is the quest flag for everyone on that step.
Fixed that for you, and it is working as intended.

Edit - I should have added that this is a cool quest until the Thaz box requirement and the difficulty of the guarding of the matrix.

In my defense, this quest was made at a point where a naked level 1 could obtain the thaz box, if he managed to get invis cast on him and survived the run through Great Divide. Also Thaz box is and allways was droppable.

I'd make this guy somewhat different in hindsight, but allas I can't any more...

Fixed that for you, and it is working as intended.

In my defense, this quest was made at a point where a naked level 1 could obtain the thaz box, if he managed to get invis cast on him and survived the run through Great Divide. Also Thaz box is and allways was droppable.

Thanks for your thoughts, and I didn't know if flagged everyone at the step! In my mind, this could make it easier to pull the required help. BTW, I got my Thaz box as a trade from an end game vet player ;)

Back
Top Bottom