The War

Wiz

NOT DONATING *EVER*
screen2.jpg

War has come to Dalaya. The legions of Kaezul have seized control of and reactivated several old travel portals all over Dalaya, and are using these portals to bring in troops in an attempt to take control of the Old World, zone by zone. When the legions attack, you will see a message warning you which zone is under assault. A kaezulian advance party will spawn and begin attacking any intelligent creatures and players in the zone. A short while later, reinforcements will begin pouring in, wave by wave.

Defenders of the attacked zone must keep the numbers of kaezulians down, so to avoid being overrun, but also to achieve a successful defense of the zone. At the end of the waves of attacks, a brief period without further reinforcements will commence, after which, if the kaezulians are still in the zone in sufficent number, the zone will fall. If a zone falls all normal spawns will be replaced with kaezulian troops as the legions occupy it and use it as a staging ground to launch ever stronger attacks against adjoining zones. The zone can be liberated by killing every kaezulian in it before they can respawn (roughly 12 hour respawn). A liberated zone will revert to normal.

The script was tested tonight, with a huge variety of bugs and crashes, all of which are being fixed and worked on. The kaezulians will not give up easily, and you can expect many attempts to capture beachheads at and near the portal entry points. A system of rewards will be created for defending and liberating zones.

It is your duty to defend your homeland, lest you find yourself confined to an ever shrinking world as the legions take over once more.

To war!

I sense it will be harder then it was tonight. From what I watched while waiting the entire time for a group that I never got into to, it looked interesting but not challenging to a full group. at least in GSM it was easy, the gfay one was harder looking and then the athica one looked hardest but not hard enough to make a big enough challenge with the number of people involved. I am sure what I sense will happen will come to pass. The number on tonight can't be on at all times, right? Congratulations on creating such a brilliant script.

A pity I had some problem after Wiz fixed it and just went to bed. Anyways, looks and sounds like a very good idea you had there. I hope it goes live soon enough and will create some sort of sweeping war between Kaezulian troops and players.

megamanspet said:
I sense it will be harder then it was tonight. From what I watched while waiting the entire time for a group that I never got into to, it looked interesting but not challenging to a full group. at least in GSM it was easy, the gfay one was harder looking and then the athica one looked hardest but not hard enough to make a big enough challenge with the number of people involved. I am sure what I sense will happen will come to pass. The number on tonight can't be on at all times, right? Congratulations on creating such a brilliant script.

In athica we had a lot of the best geared people on the server. The tanks we had were the deciding factor in our victory. But who knows when they will strike again, and who will be there to stop them.

This was hands down the coolest thing that could be added to SoD. I really look forward to future battles and liberating zones. Exelent job!

megamanspet said:

Half of raiding guilds were idling when the event started because of the new spawn timers, without all the high end players sitting around with nothing to do, Athica would have fallen.

robopirateninja said:
Half of raiding guilds were idling when the event started because of the new spawn timers, without all the high end players sitting around with nothing to do, Athica would have fallen.

That would have been hilarious.

robopirateninja said:

Kinda makes you wonder if there was a secret ulterior motive behind the timers, eh?

Big grast for ingenious ideas to Wiz and Staff! We need a thread to keep up to date track of what zones are under attack maybe?

Will there be any system available to support Kaezul's forces in any form? Since the lore states that Marlow has SOME sort of alliance, or understanding with Kaezul, and well, I have to support Marlow.

Also is there any way to respawn Baldakos in HHK or elsewhere? I mean he can't exactly be happy after he got his ass kicked, and I want his axe jeeze

Mythryn said:
Will there be any system available to support Kaezul's forces in any form? Since the lore states that Marlow has SOME sort of alliance, or understanding with Kaezul, and well, I have to support Marlow.

Also is there any way to respawn Baldakos in HHK or elsewhere? I mean he can't exactly be happy after he got his ass kicked, and I want his axe jeeze

You swurr 2 Valor hehehehe.

Now this today at 2pm Euro time was just great :) Got me into xping again, since I usually don't anymore.
Purged Cauldron with 1 group (ok, except we had 7 people when doing the 14-pull).

tinkaa said:
Now this today at 2pm Euro time was just great :) Got me into xping again, since I usually don't anymore.
Purged Cauldron with 1 group (ok, except we had 7 people when doing the 14-pull).
Yeah, this was good fun... also, soloing a golem took me soooo long :S wtf, lol.

I am still new to this server (started late April), but from what I have seen so far...the customer service and dedication the staff puits into this project is far superior to live. That is kind of sad (from the standpoint of Sony) since I paid a monthly fee for that server. I came over to SoD because someone told me "Free EQ!", but if stuff like this keeps occuring, I cannot see myself not donating to the effort. Thanks again to the adiministration and staff for running a great server and taking time out to put together serverwide events like this.

Felyn

i think i joined around the same time as Felyn, we've done some levels together. I completely agree, SoD has impressed me alot. I can't donate, my wife would kill me, nuff' said. But.. if any of the staff is in Charlotte sometime, beers on me!

Both Cauldron and Starfall fell, and the troops began advancing on South Badlands. They were fought back by a hastily organized raid force, and then Starfall was retaken. Cauldron was retaken some days later by a small and powerful strike force.

Back
Top Bottom