This thread outdated, please delete :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raar_im_a_dinosaur

Dalayan Beginner
For those who aren't familiar with the concept, adepts are special MOBs that can only be interacted with before a certain lvl, after which any sort of attack is impossible, therefore barring you from any loot it drops. Adepts are much more challenging than other MOBs and require a concerted effort to take down. Consequentially, the loot that Adepts drop is far better than most things you have access to, twinking aside, at their corresponding lvl.

What I'm looking for now is any information people can give me on taking down the lvl 25 max adepts, as well as past experiences. More importantly though, I'm looking for volunteers! We're trying to see if we can get this to happen in the next couple of days. So if you know you're going to be on around the next given raid time send a tell my way when you get on, we'll for sure try to do a raid if we have enough people at that time.

Besides that though, i want to get a good regular process going so we can try it again if it doesn't work out. Post your class /level in this thread and what times and days you think you'll be available. When we get enough names, we can start hammering out a game plan. Last time we were REALLY hurting for dps, those mobs just don't want to die!

A few things you should know:

• -The Max engage for these is lvl 25, if you plan on joining us and are at lvl 25, you're going to have to lock your exp. Do this by typing /cmd explock 1
    -Adepts cannot be engaged by anyone who has been buffed by someone whose lvl is higher than the max engage for said adept. This means you can't ask someone for a buff which triples your hp and waltz up to an adept
    -This does not apply to potions, which can be used liberally to increase your advantage, that being said, bring potions!
    -The two adepts we are focusing on at the moment are:
    • -The Wind Hag at the Obsidian Shard Mountains http://tinyurl.com/o8luj
      -The Spectral Haunter at Northern Wastes of Tarhyl http://tinyurl.com/mjyee[/list:u]
      -We will also try to take on Huntfang http://tinyurl.com/qhtbj if we get something going
      -This organization will continue as long as people are up to it, not everyone is going to get loot the first time around, but I for one will stick around if we have enough people for another shot at them the next day
      -When you arrive at the designated location, I will assign you to a group leader, who will invite you into the proper set of players
      -before you arrive set a seperate window for your raid speak, communication is very, very important and raid speak can get lost in the deluge of battle chatter. To do this properly:
      • -right click on the top of your text window and choose open new window
        -right click on the top of the new text window and select filter > raid
        -depending on your preference, either set the channel on your new window to raid and set the original window to group channel for micromanagement, or
        -set both window channels to raid so you don't accidently /say what you meant to /rs[/list:u]
        -This is meant for those like me who don't have a guild that is equipped to organize an adept hunt at such a relatively low level, which I can see being a common problem. Everyone and their mom is welcome to participate though [/list:u]

Those who wish to contact me can reach me at my AIM which is in my profile. My character's name is Draknor and I'm on a lot. As you can see the loot is quite decent and worth the fight. Besides that, raids are fun! Joining will give you a little taste of what the higher ups have been going on about. If I've gotten anything wrong let me know so I can correct it, thanks everyone!

-Draknor, 25 Warrior

edit: For Wednesday's raid, we're meeting at OASIS not Northern Wastes, because Northern Wastes can be a bit annoying to gather in, what with the pumas and scorpions and GIANTS. Tommorow's raid will probably be the last attempt on the 25 max adepts. After that I'm leveling up to organize the next adepts, that means if your lvl is close to the max on the next set of adepts, we'll be wanting your help!

Sounds like fun. I will try my best to be there at 6 pm est. barring family needing me today. I am bringing the bandaids.
I will send you a tell in game to confirm.
Marmee 22 cleric

This is awesome, I have some chars that I have been killing adepts with but they are currently on angar the sand lord :(
I'm just not sure if i want to skip the 3 or 4 other adepts to catch up to you guys.

Ello Drakor :)

Its Azmat the paladin that thought you ment 6am this morning :)

Anyways, I have a 25th Paladin and 24th Shaman both very intersted in Adept hunting. But like so many can never find enof people to take them down. high level players just twink thier lower level players so they dont bother. And new players dont seem to want to try and take down harder mobs.

Azmat 25th Paladin Froglok
Nabal 24th Shaman Froglok

Generaly speaking I dont play much at all on Sunday, Mondays, Tuesdays, Normaly I play Earlyer in the morning (7-11am) Or late at night 9 pm-2am... once a week i am on between 9pm-7 am normaly a friday or saturday.

so 6 est is a hard time for me. If we have something planed and I have the day off (wedesday, thursday) I can make orangments to be on :)

The sunday 6pm est raid went as planned, and we had 11 people show up. Unfortunately by the time we got everyone in the proper group it became night at Northern Wastes. We actually had a very good assortment of people who were capable players but at night time the Spectral Hunter is ubeatable. We learned a few things that I'm going to add to the things you need to know list, I'll put that on the first post.

From now on, I'm going to direct the raid activities in this thread, everyone who sends me a tell will be given general info and then referred to this thread. We are going to work out strategy, organize groups, and assign positions from here, because if I've learned one thing it's that you can't expect strangers to meet up in game and know where to go. If anyone has raid experience please pipe up and give me some of your insight. I'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants and learning as I go.

Thanks for everyone's patience during today's raid, and hopefully we'll have better luck and more people next time. I'm going to set the next preliminary time to Tuesday, around 5 est or so. If you're interested in joining the raid but cannot attend at that time, please post and tell me when you are available. If many people have corresponding availabilities I will reschedule the raid.

Like I said Sunday, Monday, Tuesday are bad days for me. I work 7pm to 7am on all those days. 5pm.. Well if I went to bed when I got home and got up I might be able to do a raid, but we would have 1- 1 1/2 hours Tops for me to help with it. A small time frame.

As far as Raids, In live I was part of Friends of Light. We were no uber raid force guild, but we have a few memebers that were Elemetal Plane Gearered, and we regularly raided PoI, PoN, PoD, BoT, PoV along with Kedge raids, and Nadox. So i do have raid experience under my belt (not saying I'm any good at orginization thou hehe, but I know what to do)

Your basic Raid outline

MT= Main Tank
ST= Secondary Tank (hope you dont need him)
OST= Oh Shit Tank (if you hit this tank things arn't going well)
OT= Off Tank, this is the tank that tanks the add to the Raid mob.
MH= Main Healer
Puller= The Guy that pulls
Kite= Certain times you need kiters (think wind hag you will need them as she spawns Air Elemetals)

Mt, ST, OST, OT and MH and healers all join same chat channel. When I say Healers I mean Healers that will be healing MT. Each group would most likly have some sort of healer in it as well.. Raid Leader, MT, MH, Puller Will always be in the same group.

General Raid channel is not for talking in. Its for listening to orders. Those that cannot keep chatter out of Raid channel need to leave.

People divide into groups, each with a group leader. Group Leaders Join Raid Group Chat.

Raid Leaders and Raid Officers Join, MT/Healer Chat, Raid Group Chat

Healers/MT set up Heal Zone. This is the max Range Healers can be and still land heals on MT. Healers also need to have Hotkeys setup to switch between MT, ST, and OST. Note: Normal a Druid/shaman Heals OT. IF you have enof Clerics (yeah right) then they can heal OT.

Basic of Killing big mobs.

Depends on the mob. Some need to be debuff first before (usaly shaman or two die from this but its rather nesasry at times)

If Debuff do not need to land right away, MT attacks mob (ether running to it, or after pull brings it to him)
Starts to biuld aggro. Shortly after MT will call for Arrows. All Melee types will shoot 1 shot to enter on the mobs Aggro list.

Starting Heal Chain, with spot healers throw heals to keep MT alive while they biuld aggro.

When MT has good aggro, MT and ONLY MT calls for the Charge. This is when rest of Force engages the Raid Mob. everyone BUT MT should be behind the Raid mob as much as possible to avoid Riposte.

NO ONE Taunts but the MT

If your Raid mob Rampages( think thats the one) Turn off attacks, thier will be a message stating Raid Mob is doing it. Its a Mobs Auto Riposte , it last for alittle bit then goes back to normal at that point the group pours on the dmg.

A Basic Over view of Raiding a big mob :) I havn't done this in about a year so its off the top of my head meory so please dont flame me to much on it.

of course thiers some simple things to, buff up as best you can. If mob dispells then make sure to have some crap buffs before your good buffs. Enchanters Rune MT to help with Tanking/ mezing adds etc etc Thiers alot of sub tactics for each mob depending on how it fights.

AArrgggh. I am sorry I could not show up. The family did have plans and on such short notice I could not tell them no. With more warning time as to when you want to meet this should work out ok. Thanks for the invite I will keep an eye on this thread.
Marmee 22-cleric

Kiren I don't think i could ask for a more helpful post, and though the information may seem like common knowledge to your seasoned veteran, its worth its weight in gold. As such I don't think it would be smart at all to do this raid without you, so let's try to reschedule if possible.

What I'm thinking is that if we build enough momentum we can try this a few times, otherwise we can level a bit and move on to either huntfang or goretusk. I know that waiting means putting your character's level on ice, and therefore we should do this as soon as possible to not hold people back as much. Personally I don't have a problem waiting for folks but not everyone has the same goals as me.

So if you're free on thursday we can do this sometime then, I'm free anytime after 4pm est and then I can show up no problem for the rest of the day. If enough people are free then, and you have the day off, then we can do this on Thursday, May 25. Otherwise, and most likely, we'll move this to friday, when I'm thinking it will be peak hours. If on friday, we can do this at 9pm est or a little later. Let's see how many people we have by wednesday and make our next move from there.

Like I said before, anyone who wants to come along please post so we can have some numbers. If kiren is willing to help, we can set up a strategy with the people we have here, as I think it best to calmly discuss strategy here rather than in oasis when people get impatient and rowdy. However I understand that posting in this thread isn't exactly a binding agreement, so we will have to foresee some workarounds like inviting some help from in-game. Preferably we maintain the same structure with different people filling the roles, however it would be wise to work out alternate structures and strategies here for dealing with folks gone AWOL.

In the Immortal words of Kirk...

Kkkkaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

I screwed up.. I loged in this morning and was helping a friend find the name spawn camps, and kill a few things because they were in the way. I had forgotten that Azmat was 1/2 blue from level to 26.. was just about to log out when I my friend got jumped by the Orc Lord, so I helped him out as he is only 19th. Guess what.. Azmat did more dmg.. and even at -95% xp DING! 26... DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Got to be the one time I wish SoD was like live. I would jsut get myself killed so I would lose xp and be 25 again.

So.. Azmat can cheer you guys on... but now only Nabal Can help with the 25 level Adepts.

Very very Sorry about this.

Also this weekend I will be away. Heading out about Noon thursday. So Ether Tuesday (if I get up early) or Wedesday basicly any time that night I can do it.

What we need now, is a list of people intersted (Charcters names, Levels, and Times they play) once we have that we can realy get strageys down.

For starters.. Do we have any warrior intersted?? Shadow Knights? Paladins? (beside Azmat)
Clerics are another big one.

I have the shaman so thiers our slow/debuff and Shaman buffs.

Going to start Researching Adepts 25+ and see what we need.

Was just reading a email from my wife. I can't do tusday (today) So wedesday is my only option this week.

But I am free anytime wedesday I just need to know ahead of time to plan around sleep/packing for trip.

Well I've got 2 twinks on the way up eventually. Chanter I focused on early this morning and hit 17 w/him, and my warrior twink levels...well whenever i get bored. I can probably hit 25 w/both in the next week so if you're still hurtin for help then lemme know. Adepts around 25 can be done w/8 provided you have a pretty stellar 8, took the fleshflower once w/that many tho he is kind of gimp compared to speccy and the wind hag. Way I see it 3 healers 2 tanks + variable amt of dps.

1 shammy for buffs, and slows
1-2 clerics or 1 and a druid
1 main tank, any flavor
1 mage =>for the ds + pet no no no no earthpet, unless your tank has a helluva time maintaining aggro and you need the extra meatshield. Shammy should be slowing so waterpet also fairly uneccesary. Airpet if you think the group hp's are kinda gimp, firepet is a decent choice if they aren't.
1 wiz=> more dps + procs on pets & ppl that will be hitting it+ okeils adding a tiny bit more to the ds
1 other pure melee dps rogue or monk

for speccy
1=>chanter to deal w/adds can avoid most if you pull him by the water, but puma's wandering through spells death for a group this tight.

for wind hag=> really any other class. Necro, Beast, ranja, bard etc. Though I've never fought her before so someone else may be able to offer more insight.

Side note about charming. W/a chanter charming a puma on speccy this could be a fairly large and welcome dps boost as well as a tank, but that chanter better have that thing damm well under control and charmed directly before the fight to maximize the length it hopefully stays charmed for. Would not reccomend a shammy or druid chaming one on this fight b/c no matter how kickass it may seem, when it breaks halfway through the fight and your healers are wasting mana trying to recharm/root/get it the hell away from the rest of the party it just isnt that great. Though if all 3 somehow charmed, and it didnt break halfway through I'd expect speccy to go down might quick. But keep in mind the charm would be lowering the amount they can heal before fight and 30 seconds of the charm would be spent medding if you want them full.

If you want a decent challenge try w/8. May take a few times to get a decent strat down or build some cohesiveness and get the feel of how you work together. With 10-14 you should have no problems any more seems like it would be overkill.

Props for trying to organize something though, I see too few adept raid attempts getting started these days. Most of the time people just keep spamming ooc about them :D.

Ok I can't do it early Wedesday, would have to be like 8pm or after, totaly forgot about a party im suppose to go to LOL Dam my life is busy this week.

three options guys, late late wednesday, like at 1 am est, anytime thursday after 4pm est, or anytime on friday. What do you guys say? We're gonna decide when you guys tell me

I just read this thread now, I apologize if we messed up your plans, but a group of CW peeps took down The Spectral Hunter last night, I hope that doesn't mess up your plans. But a bunch of us have level 25-ish toons if any assistance is needed with future kills.

no worries man, good to know there's a group of you willing to join up. Anyone of you who wants to join us, just post your class/lvl and best time from the three I've given.

Wed or thursday evening? Good for me. (friday got fam coming over for bbq early evening.)
Marmee 23 cleric

Wed or thurs evening is good for me as well. I'll do my best not to hit 26 before then. Give me a tell in game.

Drawde 24, soon to be 25, but not 26 Human Cleric.

ok It's settled, Wednesday night it is, the earliest I can do it is midnight est, so I'll be at oasis at that time. Let's get those names down and figure out our plan of attack!

ONe very useful way to keep chatter out of the main raid info channel is to not use the default one assigned by the game. Assuming that the chat system in SoD is identical to live you can make a private channel. Pass out the channel info before the raid then limit who can and cant talk in channel by moderating the channel. generally in organized guilds this is unnecessary. In live on Druzzil Ro we had a few open raid channels that frequently pulled together PoP progression raids for those not able to make it in to a hardcore raiding guild for what ever reason. This ended up being a rather common solution. I didnt read all the posts tohroughly but another useful idea is assign 'leaders' for each necessary function. these folks would be incharge of handing out healing rotation assignments, mezz order, tank orders and so on. reason is two-fold. One it takes some pressure off the Raid leader. And it also consolidates those particular tasts to people who can keep a closer eye on those groups.

On the numerous raids i took part in (was a member of a time/God/OOW progression guild) keeping random chatter down was always an issue. When they broke it down to specific groups in private channels (this would be where all group related spam would go, buff/heal/commands etc.) It left the main channels for important commands and for the tank engage calls. Tanks would use the main channel for the raid assists. Also chanters would put their mezz messages in this channel so folks knew who not to attack. And to also help healers find their tanks. Granted a posted tank order is always necessary. For the tanks as well as the healers/buffers it never hurts to have a redundency or 2 built in to the system. this not only makes sure it gets the info to the group as a whole it also eliminates possible excuses as to why so and so missed this message.

Theres always tons more but i can honestly say i tended to follow the commands more then give them. though i was a stickler for a clean raid channel. there shouldn`t be any emotes, silly messages and other gibberish in a raid style setting. Clear and conscise info gets you the kill and the loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom