Three New Players

Slumgum

Dalayan Beginner
Hello everyone! A small group of us have been looking for a new game to play. We tried returning to Everquest live a few months ago and it really wasn't want we're looking for so we decided to come adventure in the Shards of Dalaya.

We have 3 total players and we're all boxing but we'd love to drop the boxes and group with other real people, so if you see us around and want to join just ask! There's me: Slumgum, gnome cleric; My brother: Lerk, troll shaman; and our friend Vaex, dwarf paladin.

We just passed the level 10 mark and while we're not in a rush to speed through the game we will probably level pretty fast just by the nature of how we play. Keep an eye out!

Agreed, and welcome. you ahve definitely picked the right place. If you need anything hit me up in game on Moraelin or Shimone.

quote slumgum:
"we'd love to drop the boxes"
Can hurt to box sometimes and can be fun too.

quote slumgum:
" we're not in a rush to speed through the game"
Way to go,dont let you irritate by the posters here who think the game starts at
65/500/50.My highest char is 65/400/4 after almost 5 years and I still have fun
not worrying about if I have casting speed incremeent 7 or 8,lol.

Starting with a group is always the most fun. Hope you three enjoy your time here!

The cesspitts is the best low level zone. Whoever made it is awesome!!

Also yea don't worry about rushing to the end game. The way sod is designed is that there is fun challenging content for any level person. Be sure to check the wiki for quests to do and places to xp. Also if you want I can hook you guys up with mithril weapons or whatever :)

We did check out Cesspits, the mobs had such little HP it was pretty good for us. We'll probably hit 20 sometime tonight.

cesspits actually has increased health for the mob level iirc, not to mention the mobs themselves are supposed to be harder (i tried to make all the harder wing mobs do SOMETHING other than just melee). it was supposed to be a harder option with better rewards

Last edited:
Its great to see zones like that helping newer players.
Keep smashing things dudes and grats on the levels!

Not sure if you have used this yet but check out the /cmd band commands. the 3 of you can put all 6 of your toons in an exp band and level at the same rate. You will also drag your Alts up with you so if the 3 of you play with 3 others your 3 alts off line will get a cut of the exp.

Not sure if you have used this yet but check out the /cmd band commands. the 3 of you can put all 6 of your toons in an exp band and level at the same rate. You will also drag your Alts up with you so if the 3 of you play with 3 others your 3 alts off line will get a cut of the exp.

We did this but I appreciate the tip anyways, so much to learn about SoD :) We got bored with those characters and remade some new alts and this second group is so much more enjoyable.

Magician, Druid, Necromancer, Beastlord :) Our 3rd doesn't have as much time to play right now so this group is just two of us.

A small update, we passed the level 60 mark! When we finally took advice from guildchat and started killing the goat men things in Great Divide levels flew and now they've really slowed down post 60 but thats alright.

We met a cool monk that took us on some map adventures and then invited us to tag along with some really high level stuff (His wizard's name was Corana and I only remember a druid named Snout but there were a lot of people there). And tonight we were struggling in Eldenal's Mansion but teamed up with a bard named Kaelmar and his Shadowknight and he took us into the castle where we got a few spells we needed and some upgrades. All in all a pretty productive week!

We've found ourselves alone a lot of the time while leveling up but we're really interested in grouping and we're up for any kind of adventure. We're looking; but if you see us before we see you and you're looking for more, send us an invite :)

Sounds like you guys are having a blast! If I am online while you are playing, hit me up and we can do some xp somewhere: Daffie/Galelor

Hey! I'm the necromancer / beastlord. Haven't managed to get on the forums until now, didn't realize we had such a lengthy thread!

We've been having tons of fun, I really liked the GM events we've seen so far. I found two frogs in Kelethin / Gfay on my necromancer and got some fame from that event, then we participated in the trivia event that was run recently as well.

Starfall / Thurgadin quests were probably my favorite part of the game so far though. They were simple, challenging and rewarding.

I'll definitely send you a tell next time we're online Daffie!

Back
Top Bottom