Thurgadin Bank

Tsabayne

Dalayan Beginner
I would like to suggest and/or request that the bank in Thurgadin be made available 24 hours a day. I dont know of any banks in any other cities that close at night and I dont see why the dwarf bankers can't hire a night crew. Maybe the banker could have his wife run the bank at night since she just rudely greets the customers during the day anyway.

maybe he wants to do other things with his wife at night? i hear that the banker in thurgadin is a real stud.... :keke:

Thurgadin is also an excellent meeting place for guilds that are mass porting out...plenty of space for them to not catch any passer-by. Having a bank open 24/7 would just make Thurg even more ideal. Aside from the bank being in a very small room...Thurgadin, beats Athica as far as being a great hang out/pick up spot for groups gathering, due to its largeness. All it lacks is a neck =/

But if it had a neck, 24 hour bank etc then it would no longer be empty and unused. And the ability to meet there and mass port out would be the same as athica.

Having another neutral area with banking would help alleviate some of the over crowding in Athica. I dont really care if there's a port neck (i'd even prefer not) since its connected to the Mansion of Portals already.

Overcrowding has always been an issue evidently.

When I first started SoD, Newport was where everybody met. 2 bankers, lots of space, all were happy I thought.

Newport lost its ease of use so Athica is the spot now.

Now Athica lags like a mofo and makes the Newport I remember seem pretty fucking lag free.

....but yeah. Thurg bankers should be available all the time, same for bankers in any zone.

Danku said:
But if it had a neck, 24 hour bank etc then it would no longer be empty and unused. And the ability to meet there and mass port out would be the same as athica.

Thurgadin is far larger than Athica and has many hallways and nooks that Athica lacks; therefore it wouldn't be the same issues as Athica. We have port issues in Athica because it's split in half and Athica A is not large enough for 3 or 4 groups of 18 people and then some.

A much larger city is needed, for instance we had no port issues back when Nexxus was the main meeting spot way back in the day. In any event, several cities could be used for meeting spots, but the neutral ones with necks that are easily obtained seem to be the choice of the majority of folks. Therefore, it just makes sense to me to have a city that is far larger be neutral and easy to get to for THE 'gathering spot." I don't care what anyone says..and as much as it sucks, there will always be THE 'gathering spot." There really isn't a way around that, people will just choose one no matter what you do to change the game. So making a larger place that spot just makes more sense.

But, regardless of a neck or not, bankers should be available 24/7 in all towns as someone above mentioned. I had just mentioned the neck due to the fact that some folks in my guild avoid the mansion as much as possible due to always lagging into the lava or something going wrong. So they refuse to meet up in a place where they would have to use the mansion to get there. Otherwise, myself, I'd be just as happy to meet up in Thurgadin, even without a neck.

We have massed out of Athica far more times than i can remember and we had no problems. It's not hard to find a spot to port from. E.g. Athica zone in, Healer area, Athica B zone line, Athica B itself, ect. I truly don't see a reason to waste the time making another port neck quest when so many are already available. Don't forget that SNP is still around and you can obviously mass from the small dock area, the pool area, NNP monk guild area, and a few others. You don't have people running around those areas to check vendors all the time anymore so most of those areas remain virtually unused. Sk is also a great neck and it's pretty close to Thurgadin anyway so why make a neck for a city that is one zone away. It doesn't make sense. There are plenty of zones, each with their own good share of mass options, for guilds to choose from and another neck would just be very redundant.

Rouean_Onrielas said:
Sk is also a great neck and it's pretty close to Thurgadin anyway so why make a neck for a city that is one zone away. It doesn't make sense. There are plenty of zones, each with their own good share of mass options, for guilds to choose from and another neck would just be very redundant.

Not everyone is on giant faction.

There are quite a few reasons why many cities go unused. They're pretty much evident if you think about it for a bit

1) Gatenecks
2) Proximity of leveling zones to the city in question in comparison with the proportion of the population in a given level range (meetups and splits, in conjunction with gatenecks definitely have an effect on the population there)
3) Facilities available.
4) Minor inconveniences (ie bank closed at night etc).
5) Factioning available.
6) Quests available.
7) Personal preference.

I would easily prefer sadri, or thurg for a shopping/chilling lfg idle kind of place. But I generally don't bother, it's easier to get somewhere else, and not worth the time to go, especially when no one else is going to be there anyways.

Kinda OT but why not make the Seekers Rune an Erimal gate. You have to quest to get it, it encourages people to do the MQ, and is a begger free zone. There are plenty of merchents, nice sized bank, and plenty of out-of-the-way places for guilds to mass TL.

To balance the gate, you have to go to Erudin for the portal and lowbies cant get it (at least my lvl 14 couldnt get the "spoken to" flags for the second one but a lvl 24 could).

I honestly think Erimal would be the best place to have a gate neck...would make since bcuz its not like your goign to pay erimal's electric billl...the problem i see w/ it is it might be too ez to get....im not sure what my fac is there atm but im pretty sure its ally or close to it due to the MQ.....great idea little hope of implementation....but Wiz plz feel free to prove me wrong =P

Back
Top Bottom