Tides of Blood: The Tarhansar Quest Bug Thread

Working on this on my mage now; trying to do the sundered mountains event. It is impossible to keep aggro off frankie without a shadow knight. Using a t12 paladin, using blind, ae blind, divine stun, and aoe stun on refresh (including using the blinds to overwrite each other) and I cannot hold aggro off him. That's pretty silly.

Just tried it with an sk. Couldn't keep aggro off him with that either; 3 terrors + assault and I lost aggro constantly. That's really fucking stupid.

Just tried it with an sk. Couldn't keep aggro off him with that either; 3 terrors + assault and I lost aggro constantly. That's really fucking stupid.

I've had the same problem while trying this a couple times with my rogue. The halfling just get spanked because I can never keep him from agroing stuff. I'm afraid I might have to mirror golem him far away from the fight with my SK until the fight is all done with but that doesn't seem very quest like. If he could be healed like some quest mobs can that would help.

I'd like to bump this, in hopes that I can bring some attention back to the issue with the Enduring Breath effect on the aug. The clicky effect STILL does not work when inserted into an item. As of now I have to choose between using my aug as an aug, or having it in my inventory as an enduring breath item. This is absurd to me. I shouldn't be expected to not want to use my aug that I've worked so hard for. Moreover, I feel like this is an easy fix.

I would like to respectfully request of the staff to make the EB effect a worn effect. There are currently augs that have functional worn effects (such as MQ aug), and I feel like this would allow us to have EB with the aug inserted. In addition, it would free up a spellslot, adding to the utility of an aug that is, statwise, not as powerful as other deity augs. I do not think this is too much to ask, and I do not feel like it would make the item "overpowered" in any way at all.

Please and thank you!

Or maybe dial up a quick quest where you can hand your aug in for a EB item and an identical aug. Or do the murk quest for the EB boots and forget about it.

Last edited:
There is a reason it is not a worn effect. As for it not being a clicky while inserted, seems silly. But it could be a strange client issue for that matter.

Because everyone would pledge Tarhansar and hide under the lava at melek taus to avoid the random nuke and prevent the imp from spawning and cause the boss to drop quintrumple loot.

Why is it so unreasonable to have the ONLY worn EB item be the augment that ONLY worshipers of the ocean god can acquire? Underwater breathing should be inherent to followers of Tarhansar.

Could someone from the staff please weigh in on the issue of the EB effect? I still have yet to hear an official response. Is this ever going to be fixed? If not, why? Any sort of comment would be much appreciated, even if it's just "go away, this is broken as intended". Anything at all. I just want to know why I can't have the EB effect I thought I was getting when I pledged Tarhansar.

You can't have the clicky effect because the client simply does not support it. It was likely added to the item without the realization that it wouldn't work.

I still have yet to hear a solid answer to my question of why this cannot be changed to a worn effect. Is it really because there is some embargo on worn EB items? If this is the case, then what about this item? :

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Clarav,_The_Never_Ending_Vision

Please, please, please make this a worn effect item. Having access to EB all the time was one of the reasons I pledged Tarhansar, and presumably one of the reasons that his final aug is substantially worse than the other deity augs.

1) The aug isn't even finished yet, final fight needs to be implemented still.
2)
The reason is that a certain dev-admin threw a tantrum when he spotted worn EB and/or worn runspeed.
isn't exactly worded nice, but in a nutshell is your reason.

What is the reasoning behind getting upset about worn EB? What issues could this possibly create? Also, how does one explain the shaman masks with worn EB? I really would just like to understand what bad could possibly come from having a worn EB item for those who have pledged to the god of water.

Without going into a bunch of un-needed detail, Shaman get the opportunity to do a rather large quest, which results in them getting a mask, called the Ancestral Mask of the Tal'yan. this mask has worn EB, see invis, and a bonus to slows, as well as hp regen. the thing to look at is that it's given to the shaman class, who cast relic buffs which provide things like see invis and EB built in.
However there is also a second follow up quest to the Tal'yan mask, which results in the loss of the mask in exchange for an innate affinity for slow spells. Thus the item you linked was added to the game as a replacement for the shaman quest mask, it also has EB and see invis probably to make shaman stats unnecessary for a shaman. Hope this clears up a lil confusion. Sorry for the lack of fancy links!

Back
Top Bottom