Tutorial Issues

Moordrake

Dalayan Beginner
I just found the game and I am loving the idea of it so far. Had no problems downloading and installing with the help of the Wikki.

I started to work my way through the tutorial, and have gotten past "The Guide" but cannot attack "The Challenge". I have her targeted and I have gone through the dialogs and activated my auto-attack, but we both just stand there. I can see my melee and range attack buttons grey out and light up in regular intervals as if I were attacking, but no damage is being dealt out and there are no fight animations.

I did a log out and log back in, just in case. But, no luck. I used the steam files as my download source.

Kind of totally stuck at the very beginning of a game I really, really want to get into.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

It should work.. make sure you have gone through all the quest dialog options. Can anyone test this and see if it works or not? I'm at work or I would

I just confirmed that The Challenge works on my end. Try making a throwaway character to see if they experience the same thing. It's likely either a problem with your files or your connection.

Also, have you tried the "Repatch All" button on the patcher?

Working!

Since I wasn't but a few minutes into the game I went ahead and blew away all my directories and re-installed. Everything now seems to be working as intended.

Thanks for the assist.

I hate to be a problem child, but I have run into one more hiccup.

I made it past "The Challenge" to "The Sorcerer". I proceeded through the dialogs, got the spell scroll and began to scribe it. At that very moment I had a disconnect. Upon logging back in I no longer have the spell scroll nor is it in my spell book. "The Sorcerer" refuses to give me another.

My solution was to delete the character and start over, but every time I attempt that I again get disconnected when accepting the "are you sure you want to delete" dialog box. Well, at least on the first five attempts.

I would run a completely new character but I am partial to my name for this race and class.

Again, I apologize for being a pain right from the start, usually I am much more self efficient. I would be good if the powers that be just want to delete the level 1 Erudite magician "Moordrake" and I will just begin again.

You can delete your char and use the same name again and all your chat boxes and everything don't reset in your UI. But man sorry the tutorial is taking this long.. :( it's normally like a 3 minute thing

That's is where the problem lies, I cant delete the character.

At the character select screen, I choose my "Moordrake" character, and click on delete. I get the pop up asking if I am absolutely sure and when I click yes, I immediately get disconnected and the character does not get deleted. I have probably repeated this procedure a dozen times and I get disconnect every attempt.

I believe there is a genuine problem on shards side that isn't allowing characters to be deleted if I am not mistaken. It is not on your end or at least I have heard the same from others about not being able to delete characters. Ask for staff assistance in discord. And welcome to shards.

You can just do finish the tutorial kill a few mobs and the go buy the spell.. Whatever it was will be on vendor.. your DC issue tho.. idk that seems like a problem.. have disconnect issues on any other games?

Back
Top Bottom