Vah sword 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moraelintz

Dalayan Elder
Can we have confirmation that the iron ingots from valor b are on the loot tables.

We have now cleared valor b 3 times and gotten 0 ingots.

So even if we have bad luck and get 1 ingot in 4 clears thats 16 clears to get 1 person thier sword. That is 48 days if you are the only one going from trash and get it on the 3 day respawn iirc.

If the ingots are indeed on the loot table can we possibly look at getting the drop rates increased.

On the previos version, needed 4 essences from thaz that would usually get 1 to 2 essences per clear of a wing so would only usually take 4-5 clears.

I was going to post this after the next time I did Valor. We have cleared ValorB four times since the quest items went in (based on when I got the PoFrost quest item), and have only gotten an ingot once.

I'm hoping the ingot drop rate has a misplaced decimal or something like that.

Cambrai

I would really like it if the following scenario were true:
Trash - small chance to drop one
Minis - 25% to 50% to drop one
Enthamm - 75% or 100% to drop one
Combine the armor qp ore and a buyable (500pp to 1k) item in forge to create one.

That way if you are super unlucky it would take 5 full clears of valor b to get your 4 ingots. I know of at least 6 or 7 knights on this step with 1 or less ingots. That is a lot of competition for 1 zone for nothing other than qps and possible back gearing.

Three clears and no drops is historically not a cause for alarm on vah sword quest pieces.

However, since this alteration of the third step of the quest has made it unattainable for some time, I think it should be made easier. Knights have waited long enough. Nautilus for everyone says I. Also, during the time of the first iteration of this quest, there was really nothing comparable to the final reward. Now you can get an amazing sword for 1/infinity of the work that a Nautilus takes, by tiding yourself over on a gongo sword, or mindlash.

Given the fact I've seen the IP QP for this drop 1-4 times every clear makes me think something is rather off here. I can't imagine it was intended to be this rare.

Please throw us a bone. Waiting for a long long time for the journal update to know what to do with the updated quest and now having to get 4 ingots that drop about as common as sunfire coal from ToT is killing us.

Like Shim said above, the four ingots I'm assuming should be about as tough to get as the four elemental essences from the previous Thaz Vah sword quest. We used to get 2-3 essences a wing clear and they were even tradeable. Ingots dropping around that rate would be great. We could get our ingots and get out of the way for the on tier guilds.

Hopefully a GM/Dev sees this thread. Starting to wonder if I have to be one of those guys that spam OOC every so often just to get someone to check it out.

Cambrai

I didn't see anything about this in last night's patch, so bumping again.

So currently Shim has been the one farming ValorB trash pretty religiously whenever it is up. Correct me if I'm wrong Shim, but 8 clears for 1 ingot so far? So with that rate it will take 32 clears to get 4 ingots. At a 3 day respawn, we're looking at 96 days to get the needed quest drops if you clear the trash as soon as it spawns... And that is just one SK/Paladin.

I'm afraid to even ask about the trinkets from UC. I've been there once and no luck on any. Has anyone looted one of these yet?

Just going to post to say that this seems to be something a player would have gotten in like 2-4 raid sessions of old thaz. ~8 full zone clears for 1/4 items is pretty absurd.

When I added these drops, I specifically made the drop rates comparable to the previous version involving Thaz. So far all it seems like is that you've had bad luck with drops, however I do agree it makes sense for the nameds to have a chance to drop them, so I'll put that in for next patch.

Thanks for looking at this. Adding ingots to the named would be great. I'll keep watch on the drops and hopefully we were just in a bad RNG spell.

Cambrai

Thank you very much I will continue to post my findings.

Also, got the ice piece from frost in my 4th clear so that wasn't too bad.

I was thinking about this last night. If you keep the same drop rate of Thaz you would have to assume the number of mobs available to kill is the same to have the time to complete the quest equal. However, ValorB has about the same number of trash mobs as one wing of old Thaz. We could kill up to 8 wings of Thaz (Lower Earth, Upper Earth, etc) to get the drops needed for the Vah sword. I think that is the problem why we aren't getting any drops.

I would propose that the trash drop rate in ValorB would have to be increased by at least 4x (to compensate for the four lower Thaz wings) to make up for the disparity in the number of mobs available to kill between the two zones. Right now it's like we only have Lower Earth to kill over and over and over again to complete the quest.

Cambrai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom