Vah sword 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus the respawn of trash is longer before we could clear trash for essences and gems every day where we do not have that luxury now. Also the trash is harder in these zones than old thaz.

Plus the respawn of trash is longer before we could clear trash for essences and gems every day where we do not have that luxury now. Also the trash is harder in these zones than old thaz.

I had sent a pm to Cambrai asking about that, I didn't want to overstep since I have no experiance lol.

1 gem in 11 clears seams a bit excessive, maybe that needs looked into as well?

I have not gathered the courage to start pugging UC yet but that is on my list after valor b will post updates as I proceed through it.

It's good to know that the drops are supposed to be as common they were in old Thaz. Now we have some basis of what to expect.

I think if the drop rate could be tweaked to match the expected # of drops in a night in Thaz (we usually cleared two wings a night, 4 bosses) to what can be done currently in ValorB/UC, there would be nothing to complain about. But that would bring in the question of toughness of mobs. When we did LT, we could kill more mobs in Thaz (espeically if you do air wing with the WW) than we could kill in the same amount of time in ValorB/UC.

Thaz also had a couple more bonuses going for it like short respawn (1 day?) and the essences you need were actually tradeable. How to quantify that? I don't really know.

Cambrai

This is pretty rediculous. It wouldn't be so bad if you are on tier and progressing through but this quest was out of the game for almost a year or more. On top of that these are much more difficult to obtain difficulty and number of mobs wise than it used to be in thazz. The coal from ToT used to be the hardest rarest part but now i dont knwo which will be worse 1 ingot in 8 kills in valorb or 1 stone in 11 clears of UC. This quest should be difficult and the coal from tot used to be the bottleneck now it appears the entire thing is just rediculous.

On tier the tot farhag sword is about on par with the vah 3 sword. The gongo sowrd is better than the vah sword 3, and there are now multiple weapons weapons better than the final vah sword. The quest sword from ikkisith and 4.3 sword both better or on par and much easier to obtain.

Can a deb/gm please look into this and the droprates. With as many active pal/sk working on this quest it will be years of backgearing before they get the quest drops.

I am pretty sure there are even thaz essences still floating around, any chance we could trade essneces for ingots/gems via a petition?

JEEZ this new step 3 sounds worse than step 4 :(

I remember gettin' everything I needed for step 3 when old thaz was in place. I've been on a "help Moraelin get his step 3 pieces" raid and I have to agree, it's rather ridiculous how rare the piece is.

I _have_ seen it though. Unfortunately, I was the only one in raid meeting the class requirements, and as I recall it was before it was known what quest was solved by it.

Another clear of Valorb and no ingots even with bad luck this is crazy rediculous. Can someone please look into drop rates on both the ingots and UC gems.

Another full clear of valorb includeing all 4 nameds and enthamm..... 0 ingots!

Can someone please look into this and make sure the droprates are what you want them to be/reflect the time investment you intend.

A lot of people are assuming these ingots replace the Thaz essences. This is not true! These replace the Eldritch Steel from Upper Earth, which is a tiny wing with only sixteen mobs. It took most people dozens of clears to get. The essences are actually replaced by the slab of ice. If you read the quest it makes more sense. Don't look at the number of the items, but how they are used in the lore of forging the blade.

Jumbers has already posted to say he is going to raise the drop rate. Which is great! But it is important to note that the metal drop was the rarest part of the old quest, and it remains so in this version.

A lot of people are assuming these ingots replace the Thaz essences. This is not true! These replace the Eldritch Steel from Upper Earth, which is a tiny wing with only sixteen mobs. It took most people dozens of clears to get. The essences are actually replaced by the slab of ice. If you read the quest it makes more sense. Don't look at the number of the items, but how they are used in the lore of forging the blade.

Jumbers has already posted to say he is going to raise the drop rate. Which is great! But it is important to note that the metal drop was the rarest part of the old quest, and it remains so in this version.

Eldritch steel wasn't that rare. And you only needed one of them. Having helped four of five different people do the grind for this item, I know for a fact dozens is a pretty steep exaggeration. Most of the people I helped got theirs within ten clears, and I saw more than one on random clears. Add to the fact that clearing thaz trash was actually valuable where as clearing valorb trash is not, I'd wager this is a bit ridiculous.

I have to agree with Thade. I only did Upper Earth a couple times and I have one in my bank. The rare piece was sunfire coal in Farhags. This was the piece most of the knights I've talked to needed and I know it took my a long long time to get mine. I think I've only seen it drop twice in all my Farhags clears.

The problem is we need four ingots. If we only needed one ingot, the drop rate in ValorB would be fine. Us needing four ingots is pretty much locking every on tier guild out of ValorB for the next 6 months. That can't possibly be good for the game.

I think you need to look at the number of ingots that have dropped since the new journal entry for the 3rd sword went live (12 May). I've been keeping pretty close tabs this and I only know one ore that has dropped since then.

Cambrai

I have not gotten a second ingot yet, but am only up to about 12 clears. If it were the same drop rate and horrible luck to get a stone in 12-16 clears I should have at least 3 ingots by now and not 1. I have seen multiple full archaics drop not the full page the 4 pieces to make the spell, at least 15 large orbs, 10-15 hides, and 1 ingot.

Like camb said one of the problem this raises is for guilds actually on tier. This zone does within days of popping. I have been keeping it down for since the change has gone in so just over 2 months. There are at least the following knights working on this quest or that need these drops still as far as I know; Moraelin, cambrai, ishlana, kraizik, aynahe, and razim. Those are only ones I know have not completed the quest. In order for 1/2 of us to complete just this step if we kill it at the same rate I am and with the same relative drop rates it will take over 2 years. I know camb will continue to clear this if I ever miss it and after I have completed it so you can bank on it being down pretty much solid over the next year.

add Khandra to that list. Having the amulet to get in is starting to make me sad I ever got it, so many knights to help. :(

What about matbar does she have her eyes on that sword/quest.

In theory SB/companions could keep that zone locked down for a very very long time going after those qp's

Matbar hasn't started Vah yet, but I'm sure once Khandra is close to done Zioni might be at that step. Let alone Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom