Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

I couldn't wait for this game, but the I heard only bad things from beta testers and have been lost a lot of enthusiasm for it. I still hope it turns out to be great though.

I am in Beta 4 of it ... and honestly, not impressed at all. It's WoW with their own skin, and it just has an even more sluggish feel of gameplay than the original EQ. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of good things about it, but after playing up to around level 7ish or so it just seemed a little bland. I didn't get the *spark* that I've gotten from other games in the past or even games of today like Neverwinter Nights 2. I would choose to play Neverwinter Nights 2 in an online game or Persistent World over Vanguard anyday.

Just my opinion.

I'm playing beta of this game too. I have to say I'm not impressed either. The graphics are ok, but the game is full of bugs. Yes, it is beta, but it is the last beta they released before going gold. The game runs really slow even on brand new computer. It has nice features and ideas. Too bad the technical side sucks.

Xardon said it was like Wow but with new skin. Woah, not quite. That game is nothing like Wow, only thing that they have in common is they are both MMORPGs.

Me and my wife have played a good bit thelast month or so and we are very excited about the release. It basiocally takes multiple aspects from different games and tries to twist and improve on them. The lvling scene from 1 -15 is a tad WoW like but after that it is definitally its own game. I hates WoW and really enjoy playing Vanguard and my wife loved WoW and still enjoys vanguard, so its not discriminite of either play styles. The diplomacy system is extremely cool and the world itself is very diverse with lots to explore. There isnt quite anything like sitting on your flying mount and flying accross the ocean to the next continent

Picked up my pre-order, having purposefuly avoided reading much about the game at all so that it has little standards to live up to, and so far, it's not even living up to those. Why? Because I can't log in due to Sony's buggy station subscription system.

i currently play on the targonor server myself. wouldnt mind knowing if any others here play there as well.

megastlb said:
Traul: it kicks ass. Come play with me :D

P.S.- this is Picus by the way, long time no see buddy.

Picus man how's it going?

Is there any free trial coming out soon?

Doing pretty well (now that i have a stable mmo to play).

No, there is no trial quite yet, but I do have a buddy pass for 10 days if you'd like it. Send me a pm if you do man, I need some other cool people to play with.

FYI to any one looking to try Vanguard, DO NOT BOTHER if you dont have the recomended specs.

on http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest i was 2 marks below recomended on everything but ram speed (where i was over) and the game is more choppy than orignal EQ on full graphics in the bazar... and there was no actual people around me.

PLUS 40% or so of the community cant even get the game started... *shrug* im sad i bought it now... and paid for a subscription. BUT i rather spend $AU 120 on a game that doesnt work than $AU 500+ to upgrade my PC by a margin so miniscule by normal terms its obserd.

Neppy is playing it on a laptop with a good bit undr the recomended specs and is doing fine.

Have you downloaded the latest drivers (Omega drivers if your on a radeon) and tweaked the options in game?

i believe i hit most the specs but it runs pretty good.. i see plenty of people.. especially of late.. and ive never had a login problem. so far the games not to bad. it is really solo at first.. im kinda just playing around on targonor server at the moment. i hear some others are gonna start up on thunderaxe so i may be making a swap.

Back
Top Bottom