Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Homogenn said:
So I'm considering buying this in like 3 hours, if no one has any objections. And is it any good?
so far i dont think it is to bad of a game. but im still in the early levels. havent had much time to play. the system recs are a bit off on it though.. so make sure your at or above the rec specs.... my computer is above and still lags=/

I orginaly was very intersted in Vanguard...Read alot of mixed reviews.. some people hated it, some people liked it.. alot of people couldn't make up there minds if it was going to be good or horribley bad. Then I took one look at there forums... sealed the deal for me.

The amount of Flaming Immature little emo teens that I hate so much seem to be over flowing in Vanguard. This is the same reason I dont touch WoW.

Not ot mention everything I hated about a MMORPG seems to be magnefyed in Vanguards.

Ill still give it some time, a friend might be picking it up to try out. But I have lost what little hope I had for this game.

The Graphic things realy realy bothers me, I dont need a 600 million megapixel a mill sec graphics. I want a game that looks good, and plays good. I dont need a ggame that Looks FANTASTIC and plays like crap.

Hense why I never even bothered with EQ2, and have been very very thankful I never did after hearing all the crap out the game.

Dont let people fool you , this game is still in beta.

The pvp servers are pretty Fooked at the moment (Although with the recent test server patch they apparently ARE doing something).

The PVE is mildly entertaining , it reminds me alot of Game and some of the quests are downright fun (See: Halflings get a potion to morph into a giant frog and then chase away the bee hive disturbing brownies)

Crafting/diplomacy is pretty interesting too , even though in the end its just another way to grind.

The only regret I have about it , is my system just cant handle it since my memory stick died; Running at minimum requirements is sad.
Yes , i run this game on 512mb of ram , i have 1-3minute load times on log in/log out, 1-2 minute loads on chunking (Zoning) and i randomly freeze/drop to 0.2 fps (Yes it says that)

As for the flaming immature teens that appear all over wow:
I have to wonder what server your on as mine (WoeFeather) has a few but the majority is generally mild mannered people.

lotox said:
The pvp servers are pretty Fooked at the moment (Although with the recent test server patch they apparently ARE doing something).

What are the PVP rules? Engage level cap? Item looting? Coin looting? Honor system? Tell me :(

http://wiki.silkyvenom.com/index.php/PVP

:8 you can be killed in towns to my knowledge , and i dont think the guards do diddily squat

But yeah that link states some of the rules , theres probably others but i am not certain.

I know one way to cheat is to stay below level 7 and then max your crafting ; i.e get rich and never die.

Thats not cheating,

Thats using your brain to avoid death and benefit yourself to the rest of the server.

Its an Advantage :)

But rich isn't going to prevent you from getting owned when your done crafting and need to start leveling.

Kabi said:
Thats not cheating,

Thats using your brain to avoid death and benefit yourself to the rest of the server.

Its an Advantage :)

But rich isn't going to prevent you from getting owned when your done crafting and need to start leveling.

This is obviously why you use TWO characters :)

One gets rich and buys all the gear off the broker / makes it , the other levels/pvp rapes everything.

Especially if they are a necro or druid or ranger or those insane paladins :psyduck: (Note paladins have a death touch, literally)

I followed this game for a good 2 years, was in beta for over a year. The game was no where near ready for realese. I did buy it and played for about a month when I got frustrated with the bugs and lack of high end content. That's when I came here... :)

Rileigh_lanys said:
I followed this game for a good 2 years, was in beta for over a year. The game was no where near ready for realese. I did buy it and played for about a month when I got frustrated with the bugs and lack of high end content. That's when I came here... :)

I feel your pain bro. I decided that I'd never follow another game again after the poor release of EQ2. I was the kind of nerd who joined a pre-launch EQ2 guild a whole year prior to the games release. I had been keeping up with it for about 6 months prior to that. My guild and I were so dissapointed with the game after all that waiting, and I decided I'd never get so involved with a games launch ever again.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty much doing it now with Dawntide. =P Though I'm pretty certain its release can't be worse then EQ2's.

Escher said:
Unfortunately, I'm pretty much doing it now with Dawntide. =P Though I'm pretty certain its release can't be worse then EQ2's.

You're wrong. We're aiming to release it with only content from level 1 to 10.

Rileigh_lanys said:

I started to play the game a few weeks after the release, and am still playing today. I have to wonder, what bug was so game breaking that you couldnt enjoy the 10's of thousands of cool quests and the huge fantastic looking world? The only bugs that i have seen that are even considered annoying in my book are the pathing bugs in some dungions, the loot bug, and getting disconnected from your group. But none of those are hard at all to work around.

If you are going to come back and say "the classes are not balanced yet", and claim that is something that made you quit, then i dont see how you could ever play any mmo. Devs are always doing class balance, be it with resists changes, items, or skill/spell changes.

Also i have to wonder what lvl your char was when you quit. You claim there is no high end content, so you must have gotten to at least 45? I have a 35 warrior currently, and i got there by grouping in dungions and doing the quests in an area, then moving on. I think the system works out great. I have never had to strait out grind in an area with out some quest or task that i needed to complete in the area.

I have a friend that is a 50 sorc and he has said there are 3 high end raid zones. How many raid zones did origional game release with? Game 2 didnt have more than 3 high end raid zones, it didnt really have much for raid zones at all. DAOC didnt have anymore than that ither. I have herd the rumors that there is no high end content, but most of the times you find out the person who is yelling the loudest is still in their 20's.

I have a friend that is a 50 sorc and he has said there are 3 high end raid zones. How many raid zones did origional game release with? Game 2 didnt have more than 3 high end raid zones, it didnt really have much for raid zones at all. DAOC didnt have anymore than that ither. I have herd the rumors that there is no high end content, but most of the times you find out the person who is yelling the loudest is still in their 20's.

"raid zones" did not even exist as a concept when EverQuest was first released, it wasn't something that came about until Veeshan's Peak. EverQuest was supposed to be a game for 6-player groups.

Wiz said:
"raid zones" did not even exist as a concept when the Game was first released, it wasn't something that came about until Veeshan's Peak. the Game was supposed to be a game for 6-player groups.

I would love to see 6 people in origional game items at lvl 50 take down vox or naggie. It could be done these days, but would have taken a "raid" at release.

Also it was stated that the "raid" game would be a small part of vauguard. They didnt intend for it to be dull grind to 50 then you have tons of well thought out raid events. Many times it was stated that they would focus on the group aspect of the game much more than the "raid" aspect. I think they have acomplished this.

Homogenn said:

This is an awesome idea for those people who like me , who find themselves constantly rerolling and playing the noob levels. :eek:

morph said:
I would love to see 6 people in origional game items at lvl 50 take down vox or naggie. It could be done these days, but would have taken a "raid" at release.

Also it was stated that the "raid" game would be a small part of vauguard. They didnt intend for it to be dull grind to 50 then you have tons of well thought out raid events. Many times it was stated that they would focus on the group aspect of the game much more than the "raid" aspect. I think they have acomplished this.

been there done that... Did a Vox raid back when people thought the Ghoulsbane was a top tier paladin weapons and the soul reaver for the Shadowknights weapon of choose.

Yeah those were the days.. No stats on basicly anything.. and a 20 dmg 42 delay weapon was GODLY!!!

Urrgg... I glad it changed :)

morph said:

Vox and Naggie were not supposed to be taken down by 6 people, they were supposed to be nearly unbeatable mobs that only people banding together could occasionally defeat. This is miles away from having an organized focus towards a "raid game".

Homogenn said:

I'm sure if this was the case, it would be better then the crap feast EQ2 was - Though I hear it's a pretty great game now. 10 good levels compared to trash will win every time for me. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom