Vendors?

Player don't want to buy easily replaceable gear from other players when they realize an NPC is selling an irreplaceable thing that is way better than any item that drops anywhere. Every tradeable item in game is easily replaced through treasure maps anyway, maybe with the exception of some tank loot that is buyable and better than tier 1-3 crud.

Have the upper tier charms degrade over time. They require plat maintenance. They never get destroyed, but need to be "serviced" every so often to maintain stats. Problem solved. Hardcore players still get their charms, people who play less still get charms, the massive amounts of cash coming in at the top tier are being spent on maintaining the irreplaceable piece of gear.

I think im a pretty average player and i personally wouldnt spend money on a twink. it's too easy to take a fresh 65 toon and get it tot + gear by carrying said alt on shoulders of zurkka. People like zurrka are ruining this game gearing up my alts and making me have no need for plat other than buying greymoss. On that note WTS greymoss PST. I believe this is everyones view and I have taken the burden of speaking for everyone who "plays" this game. Thank you for your time.

Not everyone has access to Zurkka like sexiness or friends there are plenty of nice droppable loot that is boe and sells well. I would say most of it is tank related as they are the most heavily gear dependent. For instance shroud of battle master, adamante carapace, granite
Boots and helm all sold the day I unbound them on my baby tank. Also pp and dropables are part of the balance on where to exp/farm. It helps by balancing between zones I can make this exp/hour and pp/hour in this zone vs that. For instance one can make good exp/hour in remnants killing animals/crocs but the pp isn't very good.

If this were a new game or had a booming population I would support it, but it is neither of those things and all this would really accomplish is making things harder on new players. You nerfed exp multiple times despite us telling you the same thing, and population continues to dwindle. Before making any change you should ask yourself, how would this effect a new player? Even if you think it makes the game more 'fun' or that it makes it closer to how it was way back in the day, to new players its simply an additional obstacle that they could have avoided if they were fortunate to play X amount of time ago.

I feel like a better use of dev time would be to make the game more accessible to new players, so that they can catch up and participate with the majority of the remaining playerbase. I can respect your vision to how the game 'should be,' but we should focus on the reality.

Isnt that how things already work, only people are expected to farm even more plat?

No it's not how things work. As it stands, charms cease to be a plat sink once you have the 1.2m charm. Why should they stop being a plat sink if that was their intended role? Having the best charm in the game doesn't stop people from farming for whatever reason. Charms should continue to be a plat sink for the top charm (because progressing to a new charm is still the plat sink for lower charms).

Having those top charms (and only those charms) degrade and require maintenance does not shut new players out of charms, it lets hardcore players keep their charms, and it continues to siphon plat out of the economy from where the plat influx is the greatest: high tier players and the high tier bots people use to farm. Will people use the farmed cash to keep the bot charm at its maximum effectiveness? Probably not? Good. Let the bot's effectiveness wither away over time. It's yet another problem that can be softened by a change to charms.

i notice you say nerfs to plat a lot but back when i farmed my charm i assure you plat was a lot harder to get.

"I spent XXX hours to make my toon better than the rest and now you just completely wiped that out and made me on par with the person that only logs in for raids.. I know, personally, that I would be turned off by this considering I dumped hundreds of hours into two 1.2M charms.

I don't have any place in this convo but there are always random ideas not parsed for desirability:

*make a cheap growing charm
*make it slowly grow to supreme-level with exp or time spent in combat or total playtime or who knows, something more than just raiding but not too specific and quite slow
*let people still buy charms if they can make money faster than they can do whatever would grow a growth charm
*add more raid-level plat sinks, i.e. less restricted rez potions, FD potions, all over 1k each.

*add more raid-level plat sinks, i.e. less restricted rez potions, FD potions, all over 1k each.

like buying opus off vendors for 50k rank 1 and 100k rank 2 for people who raided the content and never got what they needed.

i like both of zaela's and leoc's idea.

i like the idea of being able to buy a charm or grow one. maybe even cost something still to buy a growth charm but at a dramatically reduced price, like maybe 120k for a surpreme but cost like a billion exp to grow it fully.

and leoc's idea on opus's being buyable for rediculous amounts of pp is nice too

i like both of zaela's and leoc's idea.

i like the idea of being able to buy a charm or grow one. maybe even cost something still to buy a growth charm but at a dramatically reduced price, like maybe 120k for a surpreme but cost like a billion exp to grow it fully.

and leoc's idea on opus's being buyable for rediculous amounts of pp is nice too

I like these ideas too!

performing "maintenance" on my charm is a terrible idea (no offense). It took forever to farm the damn thing; the thought of having to keep on farming plat to maintain an item i spent days of my life playing for is pretty demoralizing and I would blow houses up in RL if i had to farm another eternal's worth of plat just to keep the eternal i already have

my comment is directed at tomes. lets face it they take time, and a lot of people have a back log of them, so its easier to vendor them than to try to sale them. if the xp on the 'junk tomes' were reduced to 50% or so I could see people doing them more often and it would boost the economy at least in that area. Not saying reduce the xp on all of them but the junk ones stats tomes etc. More in lines with the 20 aa pet tomes

like buying opus off vendors for 50k rank 1 and 100k rank 2 for people who raided the content and never got what they needed.

I actually really like this. The price is high enough that nobody could just buy all the opuses, but, being a player that spent two years raiding spires and turuj and I am still missing some good opuses it would be really nice to be able to fill in the holes.

As an alternative, make them tradeable for refuge tokens, like 20 for a rank 1 and 40 for a 2, since refuge tokens area already used for some highend tomes, and its less of a direct "buying raid things" and instead you must get involved in the player market (buying tomes) or just farm lots on your own. Trading lots of lowly tomes for a few good ones makes sense too.

performing "maintenance" on my charm is a terrible idea (no offense). It took forever to farm the damn thing; the thought of having to keep on farming plat to maintain an item i spent days of my life playing for is pretty demoralizing and I would blow houses up in RL if i had to farm another eternal's worth of plat just to keep the eternal i already have

You already make money in the course of playing the game. If you can honestly tell me you don't make at least a few hundred plat a week without farming then you are quite the exception. I believe you may have missed the part where I only said the 1.2m charms should require maintenance because there is no plat sink after you have them. It wouldn't affect your Eternal because you still have the plat sink in place if you are saving up for a Supreme. :)

Should be an alternative plat sink then like opus. I like the idea of buying opus tomes but think the class tomes should still be only obtainable through mobs.

This "free market" for BOE items won't magically materialize out of nowhere by nerfing vendor prices, what's more likely to happen is if the shit sells for 5p it just gets loaded onto someone's alt or to twink some friend of an established player because there just isn't anyone to buy it for a worthwhile price. It'll just break the current high end game where charms are a requirement and you can't make any decent money anymore.

Like the exp nerfs that came before it this is just hurting new players the most.

i unironically agree with everything in this quote

Hear me out.

all charms exp to a level below it's replacement. when maxed can be traded in for 90% of the upgrade charm's credit. buy upgrade and exp again.

or trade in value is proportional to item level when traded in. in case you somehow farmed enough plat to upgrade before maxing out your old charm.

Thats really not a bad idea, allowing people to exp their charms instead of purely farming them

I think raid content should yield more exp as well, if its possible with a big mod for the first time a player kills any given raid boss.

Back
Top Bottom