Voice of Kaez Timer (Hijacked: Terror of Kaezul)

they dont stack, cant have both tick at the same time. stop wasting mana by using your old lifetaps :)

1 of the new lifetaps is enough to keep a mob of my boxed shaman or boxed druid np's.

EDIT: testing all lifetaps on myself, none but Terror of Kaezul lands taking up a buffslot, the rest seem to just work as regular hatespells ie prepatch, but costing more mana.

Last edited:
It seems like this would create mana problems with lower level SKs trying to outaggro their group members, and also make the old terrors completely not worth using. They should tick some hate too or just be the same spell they used to be.

Aww.. they should stack too!

Last edited:
All were meant to change, and I don't believe there should be stacking problems. Of course since they aren't lingering right now, we don't REALLY know.

I have yet to test this in a raid environment yet, but there are some DPS classes in my raids that kind of require me to spam taunts non stop or they take aggro.. will see how a terror of kaezul everytime it wears off works out.

Love the new changes, worked really well where I was at today with a group, throwing a terror of kaezul on each target.

went to xp today, and my mana went down so fast chain pulling, wasnt even funny. Even having JB / Bliss and etc. =(

Anyone else having issues?

people laughed at me when I used won. Whos laughing now.

My mana goes down faster but its nothing drastic and it really only drains if I spam lifetaps.

Last edited:
people laughed at me when I used won. Whos laughing now.

My mana goes down faster but its nothing drastic and it really only drains if I spam lifetaps.

I laughed at you because you are old, not because you used won :(

went to xp today, and my mana went down so fast chain pulling, wasnt even funny. Even having JB / Bliss and etc. =(

Anyone else having issues?

If you were playing the class right before the change then you should be using LESS mana.

I can kind of see the problem with mana and Im experiencing it myself as well. To be honest I did use a lot of mana before the change too, but it becomes more apparent on multiple pulls now.
Let me illustrate with an example:

lets assume 5 mobs. We start out casting one terror on each
165x5 = 825mana

we keep one mob on target and cast sublimate soul for agro, dps and heal, during entire fight we cast it 5 times
5x275 = 1375 -- 2200 total mana

on the first mob we cast shroud of nightmares because we like ac and more atk.
1x325 = 325 -- 2525 total mana

since its multiple mobs, lets assume we dont cast any spears (200 mana) or brazen bull (190). We might be using our pbae
debuff and the new veil line but the manacost here wont make a huge difference.

now on our current target we will refresh the terror as it fades, because this is the target our group assists on.
lets assume 4 more terrors cast in total (spread on all mobs).
165x4 = 660 -- 3185 total mana

So that pull just cost 3185 mana, with mana regen that means I could probably do 2 pulls before needing a medbreak, this ofcourse assumes mobs that wont die instantly, or the total manacost would be considerably less.

mana was always a bit of an issue on the sk in comparison to other classes that can tank, but with our new ability to use our other spells than terrors more frequently, and intent to do so for agro, it becomes more noticeable.

Oohh, a BIG addition, the agro on those 5 mobs after the change, is A LOT better and with A LOT less work to make it so.
That's a HUGE positive change!

Now 165 mana in comparison to say 80mana of blinding light is a bit more than the double. On the other hand it should also generate more agro, so a higher manacost is motivated. I wouldnt mind seeing the manacost reduced by say 20, but I'd rather see a change in manacost for our other spells. Sublimate soul currently costs 275mana and is on a recast timer limiting its use. Deflux has no recast timer and costs 198mana. If the manacost of primarily sublimate soul could be lowered that would be a big effect on manause during multiple mobs, blessing of althuna and malath are 130 and 150 mana taraztu's is 50, I think something in the neighborhood of 130-150 wouldn't be out of line. Cost of shroud of nightmares is also quite high for a singletarget spell, for tanks and hybrids spells usually dont cost that much unless they affect multiple targets, but as it stands at the moment that spell isnt casted that much during an ae agro / exp situation so in that regard it isnt as important.

Last edited:
hmm suppose some positive feedback is due too, it is often forgotten since it seems so obvious :p.
After the change Im having a lot more fun playing my char, the agro on singles is less work and leaves time for other things and the agro on multiples is a lot more stable and easy to build, I havent had this type of secure hold on multiple mobs prior to the changes. Agro when more mobs than one is better and easier to get. great changes!

Oafo here, I love the changes. Finished a mielech group pulling several large groups of 5+ mobs with wizard aoeing. It was much easier to keep agro than before. One assault of shadows cycle while pulling and then terrors go out. Mobs stick on me with less scrambling for agro.

Have not tested single target threat with a high dps group. But keeping agro in a group with tier 3 and 4 dps was simple single target wise: cycle terror and assault efficiently.

I really appreciate the work being put into the shadow knight currently. Keep up the hard work for us and other classes!

Last edited:
yes, questable and fairly easy to get.

Aside from the topic, perhaps you could point me in the right direction to begin work on this nice gem.

Without enchanter + other mana buffs, I've been having some issues keeping mana to par with the rest of group. I require more med time than others it seems.

its the gruplok spell. Back on topic:

I have the same problem as you do although Im using jb. In a group Im often the first who needs to med, and when soloing with my shaman, using the shaman to heal and keep atleast 2 dots up permanently, sometimes 3, I still manage to run oom on the SK first.

I am having troubles as well with the mana as well, and i miss the uber agro single target, even knowing our agro Multi-Target got a lot easier to do.

Not sure whats efficient, mana-wise to cast while i wait for Terror tick the dots, and wear off... on xp grps that ppl dont auto agro me easy, i can keep agro just fine, but when ppl feel like not FDing, or hideing, i have issues (didnt have before). Kinda meh...

Also, i used to keep xping with Mana cons 0, and never had issues, now i have to keep my mana cons 7 belt on all the time.

Dont get me wrong, i like the changes since give us less finger hurt, of spamming terrors, but the way it is atm, i ran oom way too easy, so i think we may wanna find something else to do.

Back
Top Bottom