Voice of Kaez Timer (Hijacked: Terror of Kaezul)

The runic is VERY subject to change. Don't get to comfortable with it frankly.

Does this new development mean you can finally tell me/other shadowknights what agent of kaezul was supposed to do? I swear I wont complain.

Hey I do like the changes overall but noticed with the terror changes that since its terror over times sometimes I pull a mob with it and it will go hit the healer or someone else before it can tick and snap to Volkov. Is this intended? I pretty much just pull with Assault of Shadows after the change then follow up with a terror and then whatever else I want to play. Just throwing this out there as a possible bug? I imagine if it works the same way with the lower terrors that a babby SK with no assault of shadows would have fun explaining why a cleric just got mauled for 3 seconds before the mob attacked the right person. I really didn't see this posted but I didn't read the thread, more or less skimmed over the new posts since I read about this change a few weeks ago, so sorry if I missed the post explaining if this is intended or whatever.

Well I never really noticed it attack someone else before the changes. Just saying, maybe I'm old and forgetful though.

This is a lot to read through and I'm lazy, so just my 2 cents:
since the changes I haven't played much, but from my experience mana isn't an issue at all unless if you're boxing and the third (and last) person in group is Nwaij, which is self-explanatory.
Love love love the changes.
Edit: mana isn't an issue while you even get to use all your cool toys like touch of succubus or shroud of nightmares and both lifetaps <3

Last edited:
For XP GROUPS Mana isn't an issue for me IF:

1) I have WON instead of focus
2) I have a JB/KEI
3) For the most part I limit my casting to aggro spells only, casting when the terror ticks, clicking veil of marlow when multiples.

With this setup I can occasionally hit other spells, the odd lifetap, vortex of death etc... If I had higher FT I could get away with Focus instead of WON, but with only FT 6 and 5200 mana WON is now a must in xp groups or I am quickly out of mana.

Now I admit I XP with fast pulls and often multiples mobs, so I think I XP to full potential. But if I'm struggling with over 5K mana to the point I have to use WON instead of Focus.. the low end SK's must be struggling as well. I know there is lower end FT gear, but really I'm not going to sacrifice a bunch of AC/HP for a bit of flowing thought. I'm sure once I get another 1K mana and a couple more FT I will no longer have any mana issues.

For Raids, Mana isn't an issue at all.

Anyway, my point, if you have a ton of flowing though and a 6K mana pool you're not going to have any mana issues, especially if using WON. But as a Tier 8ish tank, I have to really limit my casting in order not to run out. Maybe thats working as intended but I suspect that low end SK's must be having more issues, I also suspect that the lower end ones are less likely to post in this forum.. there are some egos here that would make any lower end player to the game who read this forum a little shy about posting.

For XP GROUPS Mana isn't an issue for me IF:

1) I have WON instead of focus
2) I have a JB/KEI
3) For the most part I limit my casting to aggro spells only, casting when the terror ticks, clicking veil of marlow when multiples.

With this setup I can occasionally hit other spells, the odd lifetap, vortex of death etc... If I had higher FT I could get away with Focus instead of WON, but with only FT 6 and 5200 mana WON is now a must in xp groups or I am quickly out of mana.

This is exactly how it is for me as a Tier 6-7 SK. I've switched to WoN and that has helped. I usually keep succubus up and hit sublimate soul every once in a while, but the that's the extent of what I can cast if I don't want to go oom.

For all the SKs who don't use Vortex of Death and complain of having to use WoN over Focus, shame on you.

Been a couple weeks since the changes went in affect. Looking for some more player feedback to supplement what we've seen.

I've figured out what works well for me now and I don't have any problems with mana too much. I still use WoN over focus and Vortex is up permanently now. So as long as I have JB I can keep up Succubus or Shroud of Nightmare, and cast sublimate soul or deflux every so often. I also use Brazen Bull quite a bit unless i'm fighting mobs that drop too quickly. I used to use ignite blood and even the spear every so often (depending on the mob) but not so often anymore with the slots needed for sublimate soul and veil of marlow now.

Back
Top Bottom