War Raid Rules

vidoro

Dalayan Beginner
I was in a pick up war raid, the leader of the raid said, no D...z, then D....s said, its against war rules, he said as long as d...z in zone he gets chance at loot and raid leader gets in trouble for excluding him for looting, even if hes not in the raid and even if he stalks us its ok for him to loot.

i was unaware of war rules, and would like someone to explain all of them, or add them to wiki.

I wasn't aware that any such rules even existed. War usually consists of several raids who won't work together and people who just grab whatever they can. I wish it weren't that way, would be a lot more fun.

you're talking about me!

also Draeos is right sorry.

Also considering the fact that people like Draeos and I (ie T7+ toons wanting gate back clickys etc) carry war raids you should probably stop complaining.

Short version:

War raids come in flavors: (1) Defending the zone (2) Reclaiming the zone after it has been taken over. The basic rules differ between the two.

(1) Defending the zone

This is open to everyone on the server that wants to help. If you're running an 18-man raid to defend the zone, you have no "claim" on the zone whatsoever. You cannot deny someone from helping. Everyone is allowed to go. Furthermore, you have no "claim" on the nameds.

For loots from the named, you have to be actively participating to get loot, as described in the raid rules thread. This means your level 1 Rabb the Rat alt can't sit in a zone under attack and insist on rolling on loot. Returning to the earlier point, nobody has "claim" on the nameds. You have to give a fair shot at loot to anyone that was actively participating that wants in on the loot that dropped. This includes people who were not engaged on the named and were instead killing trash mobs. It is recommended that all those participating designate someone trustworthy to handle the distribution of loot from nameds.

Loot from mobs that are NOT named is entirely FFA. Yes, that means a level 1 noob can scoop all those trash weapons for Erimal and such from the trash mobs. Yes, even if all he did was hide in the corner of the zone and then come do corpse cleanup.

(2) Reclaiming the zone

This is after the zone has been captured by Kaezulians. During zone reclaim after the zone was taken, it becomes a claimable thing in the sense that a reclaim raid can claim the mobs they engage.

There isn't a 18 man cap for zone reclaim, though. If two groups (a group of 18 and a group of 5) both want to reclaim the zone, neither has claim over the entire zone, and they'll have to share, probably in separate parts of the zone. You are encouraged to communicate with any other reclaim raids in the zone and handle things like adults.

For nameds that were already up, they follow the same rule of "first raid to engage it gets to kill the mob". For nameds that spawn as a result of killing mobs during a reclaim, the raid that spawned it gets to kill it. If your raid wipes to anything, though, you have no time allotment that allows you to reattempt the mob. Anyone else can come kill the mob while your raid recovers.

-----------------

That should cover the vast majority of questions that aren't obvious correlations to the General Decency policies and the Raid Rules.

(2) Reclaiming the zone

This is after the zone has been captured by Kaezulians. During zone reclaim after the zone was taken, it becomes a claimable thing in the sense that a reclaim raid can claim the mobs they engage.

There isn't a 18 man cap for zone reclaim, though. If two groups (a group of 18 and a group of 5) both want to reclaim the zone, neither has claim over the entire zone, and they'll have to share, probably in separate parts of the zone. You are encouraged to communicate with any other reclaim raids in the zone and handle things like adults.

For nameds that were already up, they follow the same rule of "first raid to engage it gets to kill the mob". For nameds that spawn as a result of killing mobs during a reclaim, the raid that spawned it gets to kill it. If your raid wipes to anything, though, you have no time allotment that allows you to reattempt the mob. Anyone else can come kill the mob while your raid recovers.

-----------------

That should cover the vast majority of questions that aren't obvious correlations to the General Decency policies and the Raid Rules.

That was never ever posted in previous War Rules threads...its interesting to see it now.

Thanks for the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom