Warrior Agro, Info Request

And, that means he won't be up on our regularly scheduled raid night this week, as usual, due to the respawn timer. That's competition though, correct?

Reply to Renshu:

I am dropping the idea of a droppable item and solo/group quest reward being used for reasons previously stated.

Tier 1/2 armor is, indeed, usually equal or worse than tradeskill armor. Emphasis on armor, not weapons.

If I'd ever seen the hammer or any proc'ing weapon for sell in the weeks before this post, that would have been an option. But, since that time... and today... still no weapons seen in auction or on list sold by myself or someone that is online roughly 6 hours everyday. I'll continue looking, though.

As for the quit making complaints comment regarding the warrior class, I am sorry.... but, I am not going to. I have my opinion, and until experience in-game proves me otherwise... it will not change. (And, recent events only further prove my point. But, no one wants to hear them... especially since that isn't the point of this post.)

Haste % was included in a prior post. (Currently 23%)

Fomelo not included due to personal belief that a forum name and character name/play are different entities. With the existance of fomelo here, and the small player base, forum opinions carry over to characters and their guilds. Just because I as a player believe something, doesn't mean that it should reflect play on a character or the others of my guild. (Which, I know, occurs here.) My own guild doesn't even know my forum name, and... as a result... if the two are ever linked, it will be because illegitimate ways are used to link them.

As for Advanced Anatomy 2, that is the next AA lead-up to purchase for me. So, in 25 AAs, we'll see if anything is different due to this. (Opinion on this stated in a prior post as well.)
----------------
Only replied again because others had. As far as I am concerned, again, thank you for the information. I considered topic closed long ago.

Warrior: Webster's Dictionary defines this as a man engaged or experienced in warfare. Truly we are the body's pinnacle, with our bulging arms and ripped torso. Having attained such a level of absolute and total perfection, it grievously offends us to keep insisting that we seek out and use weapons that have passed through others hands. The second hand nature of such a weapon and your remarks are a smear on our lifetime of sacrifice and dedication that encapsulates the life of a warrior.

Sure, some of you will say to go hunt down these "droppable" weapons ourselves. Yet such a statement shows your complete disregard for the mentality of the warrior. We seek something unique and powerful. Something that will make our fellow men pause and stop to admire us. Something that preferably comes from killing a dragon because that is pretty freakin' cool. Admitted, a dragon couldn't really use a sword but that's why all those D&D writers invented the dragon hoard. I can already hear all the non warriors griping about how we could embark on an epic ques to obtain a powerful weapon that would aid all our ills. Let me just get this out there: Warriors don't quest. It is beneath us and those that do demean us all.

Look, I'm not an oblivious man. I understand that some of my remarks may seem outlandish and foreign to those who don't understand the way of the warrior. I beseech you to take it from me, a quarter of every day I spend dedicated to the art of perfecting my warrior mind and body. Do I realize that in with a such an investment of time, I can find alternative ways of advancing myself to where this problem would be greatly nullified? Of course! But to do so would mean I may miss an opportunity to blind a fresh young vixen with the sun using my glistening chest. That is one risk I am not willing to take.

You know that the hammer from hhk and the ruby hilted longsword are both [MAGIC ITEM] and [LORE] meaning that they are powerful and unique right.

Warrior: Webster's Dictionary defines this as a man engaged or experienced in warfare. Truly we are the body's pinnacle, with our bulging arms and ripped torso. Having attained such a level of absolute and total perfection, it grievously offends us to keep insisting that we seek out and use weapons that have passed through others hands. The second hand nature of such a weapon and your remarks are a smear on our lifetime of sacrifice and dedication that encapsulates the life of a warrior.

Sure, some of you will say to go hunt down these "droppable" weapons ourselves. Yet such a statement shows your complete disregard for the mentality of the warrior. We seek something unique and powerful. Something that will make our fellow men pause and stop to admire us. Something that preferably comes from killing a dragon because that is pretty freakin' cool. Admitted, a dragon couldn't really use a sword but that's why all those D&D writers invented the dragon hoard. I can already hear all the non warriors griping about how we could embark on an epic ques to obtain a powerful weapon that would aid all our ills. Let me just get this out there: Warriors don't quest. It is beneath us and those that do demean us all.

Look, I'm not an oblivious man. I understand that some of my remarks may seem outlandish and foreign to those who don't understand the way of the warrior. I beseech you to take it from me, a quarter of every day I spend dedicated to the art of perfecting my warrior mind and body. Do I realize that in with a such an investment of time, I can find alternative ways of advancing myself to where this problem would be greatly nullified? Of course! But to do so would mean I may miss an opportunity to blind a fresh young vixen with the sun using my glistening chest. That is one risk I am not willing to take.

Who are you, and why are you such a great comedy writer. A+ parody post, would read again!

We seek something unique and powerful.
Until you hit the HIGHEST end of the game nothing is unique.
Something that will make our fellow men pause and stop to admire us.
LOL T1/2
I can already hear all the non warriors griping about how we could embark on an epic ques to obtain a powerful weapon that would aid all our ills.....Let me just get this out there: Warriors don't quest.
I am a warrior. You are lazy and your half-assed concepts are absurd considering the base name for the game is E___QUEST.
I understand that some of my remarks may seem outlandish and foreign to those who don't understand the way of the warrior.
Someone needs some fresh air. There is no point in restructuring a system so irrelevant in progression. I would rather see blackburrow get an upgrade then time be wasted this low.

Stop being lazy, do the quests like everyone else in the 5 yrs b4 you and play the game.

I must agree with kibeth, wonderful parody post. :)

Etc

Oh wow. I like you.

I am dropping the idea of a droppable item and solo/group quest reward being used for reasons previously stated.

Tier 1/2 armor is, indeed, usually equal or worse than tradeskill armor. Emphasis on armor, not weapons.

This doesn't make sense. Dropped gear is considered part of a tier. In fact, some droppable weapons will last you into the middle tiers. I don't understand why you're convinced that they should be omitted from this discussion.

If I'd ever seen the hammer or any proc'ing weapon for sell in the weeks before this post, that would have been an option. But, since that time... and today... still no weapons seen in auction or on list sold by myself or someone that is online roughly 6 hours everyday. I'll continue looking, though.

I browsed the buying and selling section briefly, and, to no surprise at all, didn't see a single WTB thread posted by you. Taking initiative isn't something you should have to do as a warrior, right? Not at all.

And the RHLS can be quested...

Fomelo not included due to personal belief that a forum name and character name/play are different entities. With the existance of fomelo here, and the small player base, forum opinions carry over to characters and their guilds. Just because I as a player believe something, doesn't mean that it should reflect play on a character or the others of my guild. (Which, I know, occurs here.) My own guild doesn't even know my forum name, and... as a result... if the two are ever linked, it will be because illegitimate ways are used to link them.

Wait, so you're posting "Anonymously" because you're afraid you might lose some credibility and respect among your guild and other players in general? I wonder why...

Protip: what you type on the forums should resonate into the game world. Furthermore, how the fuck are we supposed to give you useful advice about your character if we don't have access to necessary information?

I don't care or want to know who you are in the game world, but the little charade you're playing here won't really reflect well on your image when people find out who you are (and they will find out) in game.

As for Advanced Anatomy 2, that is the next AA lead-up to purchase for me. So, in 25 AAs, we'll see if anything is different due to this. (Opinion on this stated in a prior post as well.).

I'm amused that you actually started a thread about warrior aggro before getting Advanced Anatomy and Raging Flurry.

Edit:
Response to Buddy:

The quote function on forums was made so that the text within it would be a quote, hence the function.

This made me lol. You're either a troll, or just not a very smart person.

Last edited:
Just to throw some info out thier...

The hammer often times gets vendored to NPCs and never makes it to Player market due to its high Vendor Price.

No excuse however for the RHLS, thats auction like every hour on the hour by someone along with all the quest parts.

That is all.. contiune with the flamings :D

WTB: Forum Ignore feature. All posts started by said ignored person will no longer show up, and any threads they have posted in start with a pop-up warning that illuminates the inane drivel about to ensue.

Lots of good stuff in this thread (the info parts).

Excellent work on the article fuwork. Any chance of one for tanking armor? Maybe aggression gear guide rather than a full armor guide. Just a thought, I bookmarked your weapon page, will use that in the future.

Also where does the Hammer of Ancient Visions drop, the wiki doesn't have its location listed.

On the note of the RHLS being sold every hour, I'm not sure that is very accurate. Maybe a few years ago or months ago, but I've been camping the Narad hair for several weeks now and haven't seen a single piece being auctioned for the quest (excluding the two extra jelly's I have sold) nor have I seen the sword being advertised. I do read 99% of the stuff that goes up too, so not quite sure where people are seeing all these things being auctioned at.

***Rant portion***
Narad kills = 185, Narad kills when they weren't bald = 185, narad's with the quest hair = 0. By my estimation I have killed Narad's long enough to fill up at least two or three dumptrucks full of their hair. Could we get a quest item renamed to piece of uber rare albino-like golden narad hair so I can't watch their hair rot every time? Frustrating to get the darn thing, it better be damn well worth it, I'm tired of every monk stealing threat at 87%.

I camped the shitty najads a while back for a friends alt (who wanted the neck) and I recall seeing a najad hair every 25~ish kills.

I never got that neck because I gave up due to shitty mobs who bug line of sight every time and are hard as hell to find in that puddle of hellwater

The hammer is from banshees in hhk

I could be incorrect on this but;
From what I have found warrior aggro can also be maintained easier with damage shields along with good proccing weapons.
For example my suggestion might be to try the fire elemental illusion along with a druid or mage damage shield and with your bard playing POT4.
Then to test you can grab a three pull of mobs and before you allow your raid to begin damage <tab> thru each mob landing a few hits and atleast one kick and one taunt.
Then once your back on your original first mob start the dps on that mob, after roughly 20% of damage <tab> around each mob again to land some more hits and get atleast one taunt and one kick on the mobs not being dps'ed.
To me the trick with playing a warrior depends on adjusting to your dps, if you go into any situation with a set of expectations you will always be disappointed, it's alot easier to play a warrior if you are willing to adjust to the current situation.
Again if I am reading into this to literally I apologize but I have found that a very big component of aggro management for warriors depends on the damage coming from the warrior which is where a damage shield will benefit you enormously.

Also my first weapons were the Ruby Hilted Longsword Pristine and a Torment Forged Shortsword in my off hand.

Warlord Bopper
Ethereal

Last edited:
Totals: 30 AC (No Blocking), Ratio = 1.3, Duel Wielding = 2X application of base hate modifier, (After spending 25 AAs...) Advanced Anatomy 2: 2X application of extra 4 hate (This also assumes that the warrior has spend 9 AAs to buy Ambidexterity, confirming no Duel Wield skill failures.)
----------

Correction it's 42 AA's before you can get Advanced Anatomy DEUCE....

6 in "General" so it would be Run 3 (the Most Fav for everyone) and First Aid 3 <--- Pre Req...

12 in "Archtype" before getting to move on to Class

18 in "Class" need Bandage mastery 3 <---- Pre Req...

6 in "Pop Ability" into Advanced Anatomy 2 ---> not logged in atm but cant remember if it was 3 or 5 to train into Advanced Anatomy...

161au8l.png

Back
Top Bottom