what kind of music do you listen to?

Brimztone said:
Because I am highly bored and have nothing to do. :(

I also tried to look at the post before and the chart wasn't working for some reason when I looked.

Ah. I know that feeling all too well. I've probably made more posts then I ever had before just today. 12 hour shift. :(

I've been listening to a bit of Mago de Oz lately which is a lot like Skyclad except sung in Spanish and with more violin. Also for any prog metal fans I'd definitely recommend some Shadow Gallery, they are pretty unknown, but I enjoy their stuff a lot.

My playlist right now includes:

Tool
The Game
Young Joc
Pilot Speed
Under the Influence of Giants
Little Brother
Dirty
De Novo Dahl
Iron Maiden
Nirvana
Sublime
3 6 Mafia
Scarface
Led Zepplin
and Pink Floyd

Good 6 hours of music :haw:

New Ayreon album is pretty epic.

Anyone that is at least a bit into prog metal should check it out.

i just got a japanese copy of the new boris album a few days ago, its SOOOO good.

also, anything on southern lord is amazing

I'm into a lot of ska and punk:

Rancid
Big D and the Kids Table
Anti-Flag
The Specials
Less Than Jake
Catch 22
Streetlight Manifesto
Flogging Molly

And also alot of classic rock:

Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
AC/DC

...and on and on and on.

Oh and Good ol' Flight of the Conchords
when you want a lol.

:keke:

well music is my life and life is my music.

Bob dylan
John Lennon
The beatles
The band
Led zeppelin
Cream
Jimi hendrix and yeah, the mod scene and the happy part of music.

I listen 80's all the way for the win. RICK ASTLEY FOREVER!!!!!

With a lil' bit of oldies blues thrown in (Sarah Vaughan/Ella Fitzgerald/etc)

Awesome band. Watched them live last summer. The guy he called out didn't have the balls to fight him, though. :mad:
Indeed! They're pretty good live. Some people already have listed a bunch of great musicians/bands that I particually like. Tom Waits (Absolute genius), The Smiths (obviously..), Aphex Twin, Funkadelic and Parliament (George Clinton is a genius too), Public Enemy, RZA, Frank Zappa, Broken Social Scene, Stan Getz..

For my part, I listen to a lot of (free) jazz (Ayler, Coltrane, Davis, Shepp, Sharrock, Sanders, Wayne Shorter, Thelonious Monk, Ornette Coleman, Art Ensemble of Chicago, Taylor, Davis S. Ware, Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, etc etc), to hip-hop (Saul Williams, Outkast, Rocé, Mike Ladd, DJ Spooky, El-P, Antipop Consortium, Common, The Roots, J Dilla, Madvillain, Pharcyde, K'naan, Cannibal Ox, etc etc). I also listen to a respectable amount of Brazilian music (Tom Zé, Baden Powell, Caetano Veloso, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Carlinhos Brown, João Gilberto, Os Mutantes, Elis Regina, etc etc). Naturally I listen to rock/pop (Sonic Youth, The Velvet Underground, Tom Waits, Robert Wyatt, The Gun Club, The Cramps, Calexico, 16 Horsepower, Talking Heads, Pixies, P.I.L, Blonde Redhead, Leonard Cohen, Frank Zappa, PJ Harvey, We Are Wolves etc etc) to electro (Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Tricky, Royskopp, Kraftwerk, Nabukazu Takemura, Murcof, The Future Sound of London, Tne Knife, etc etc) and I tend to listen to many musicians/bands whom the press call "avant-garde artists" (John Zorn (and his bands Masada & Naked City), Bill Laswell, Fred Frith, Derek Bailey, Sainkho Namchylak, Keiji Haino, Laurie Anderson, Marc Ribot, Elliot Sharp, Praxis etc etc.

I guess http://www.last.fm/user/dkdm/ is a good idea of what I listen to these days. Overall I am pretty ecletic and curious when it comes to music, and most of my friends thinks I'm crazy.

Last edited:
Oh boy. I listen to an odd range of music. Perhaps the easiest way is to list them.

1. Classical Music

2. Classic Rock

3. J-Pop

4. Techno

5. R&B

I love just about all classical music; not sure exactly why. I was just born with a taste for the classics. My favorite classic rock would be like The Who, Queen, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith...etc. As for the rest, it can be very selective. There may only be a couple of artists that I like for the genre, and everything else I don't really care for. Anyways, that my 2 cents. :D

My tastes are mostly within the range of electronica, starting with Trance, then Industrial and finally a bit of Techno. However I usually try to avoid techno with lyrics because its typically some chick with a high pitched voice singing altogether much to quickly and repetitively and I usually just find that annoying. I also venture occasionally into instrumental music (think Apocalyptica) and a few random things such as Muse and Keane because I think they're well-done good bits of music, even if I do feel like a wuss when I listen to them.
I'm very fickle about what specific bands I like, and I usually find a good band or two, listen to those few albums a couple thousand times and move on to the next band. I still have and enjoy music that I listened to endlessly 4-5 years ago, however. I don't get sick of it because I seek out music I really like - with exceptions. Panzer AG, Hocico and Stromkern are examples of bands I liked initially but burned out on.

Specifics vary from the very mainstream:
Rammstein
Infected Mushroom
Muse
Static-X (Machine - the others kinda suck)
Apocalyptica
Vangelis
Covenant

To the not quite as mainstream:
Oomph! (well, not mainstream in the states anyway)
Boards of Canada
Astral Projection
Frontline Assembly
Mind.In.A.Box (highly recommended to anyone who likes trance, especially the newest album Crossroads)
Dune (the one from the U.K., when that chick isn't being annoying - though the other Dune, from Israel, is good too)

I don't listen to much truly underground trance or techno because in those genres you have to sift through an enormous amount of bland and uninspired music created by a horde of nameless DJ (Insertnounhere)s to find even the tiniest gems. Frankly its not worth it, so I typically sift through artists signed to a label.

Last edited:
My tastes are mostly within the range of electronica, starting with Trance, then Industrial and finally a bit of Techno. However I usually try to avoid techno with lyrics because its typically some chick with a high pitched voice singing altogether much to quickly and repetitively and I usually just find that annoying. I also venture occasionally into instrumental music (think Apocalyptica) and a few random things such as Muse and Keane because I think they're well-done good bits of music, even if I do feel like a wuss when I listen to them.
I'm very fickle about what specific bands I like, and I usually find a good band or two, listen to those few albums a couple thousand times and move on to the next band. I still have and enjoy music that I listened to endlessly 4-5 years ago, however. I don't get sick of it because I seek out music I really like - with exceptions. Panzer AG, Hocico and Stromkern are examples of bands I liked initially but burned out on.

Specifics vary from the very mainstream:
Rammstein
Infected Mushroom
Muse
Static-X (Machine - the others kinda suck)
Apocalyptica
Vangelis
Covenant

To the not quite as mainstream:
Oomph! (well, not mainstream in the states anyway)
Boards of Canada
Astral Projection
Frontline Assembly
Mind.In.A.Box (highly recommended to anyone who likes trance, especially the newest album Crossroads)
Dune (the one from the U.K., when that chick isn't being annoying - though the other Dune, from Israel, is good too)

I don't listen to much truly underground trance or techno because in those genres you have to sift through an enormous amount of bland and uninspired music created by a horde of nameless DJ (Insertnounhere)s to find even the tiniest gems. Frankly its not worth it, so I typically sift through artists signed to a label.

Lots of win. But how can one burn out on Hocico?

Also I wouldn't deem Covenant mainstream...not that unknown but deffo a niche. And Oomph! isn't mainstream either, not even over here, still A+.

Oomph! is one of those bands that really should be mainstream, in terms of quality of production and the overall sound that they have. A lot of people, if exposed to the band, would love it. This is more and more true the further you dive into their discography (chronologically). Augen Auf, Sex Hat Keine Macht, and Gott ist ein Popstar will always have a special place in my library of musics, along with quite a few other songs from those two albums. I prefer the newer material (Plastik - Ego - Wahrheit oder Pflicht - GlaubeLiebeTod) to the older as their sound has changed significantly with time. Still, if I dig through the older material I find quite a few songs I like that hint about the direction their sound later takes.

Mind.In.A.Box is similar. Its much more niche in its sound, but with the production quality they have, I'm quite surprised I've never met anyone else who has even heard of them.

Last edited:
Techno/house/dance/electronica is only good on heavy drugs. I'm not talking heroine or coke either.

Ecstasy, acid and mushrooms. MUSHY MUSHY MUSHROOMS.

You're really trying too hard to be hip/cool if you listen to those genres for any other reason. If you aren't raving you're probably a faggot.

Blueman+psychopsilisybin=fun

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom