Where did ya find us?

Discussion in 'Introductions and Farewells' started by Waldoff, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Ux Gix

Ux Gix Dalayan Beginner

A buddy in my Skype group sent me a link to this webpage. Having played EQ since its initial release in 99, I have invested a lot of time and energy into it. Now that it's been many years since I last played, something has been rekindled. Familiar, yet new. I'm giving it a shot.

Swiftur, jmjcp and Daffie like this.
  2. Ryjal Cliffwalker

Ryjal Cliffwalker Dalayan Beginner

I would like to introduce myself and give a little back story. I initially tried EQ back in the Alpha testing in 1998. I made a barbarian shaman by the name Ryjal Cliffwalker. I played thru YEARS of live server, watching the game grow and decline. A ton of bitter-sweet memories. I found Shards of Dalaya on a search for free EQ private servers a long time ago. I played on SoD many times. leveling characters and learning the layout. I like what I see by the SoD Team and will be supporting them in the future. I truly believe that you all are going more in the direction that Verant meant EQ to go than Sony ever could. Keep up the great work. I am writing this the day that 2.5 goes live. I am very impressed and understand that this comes from an 18 year veteran of Everquest. I have brought several people into SoD and will continue to direct people to this server. Thank You SoD Team.

fuwok, Cinny, Salarus and 1 other person like this.
  3. Zerofysh

Zerofysh Dalayan Beginner

I found this site years ago on accident looking for some game stuff. Sense then I have kept up on the progress. I didn't get into Everquest back in the day as I do now. Funny how an old game catches my attention better than the newer games.

4. Mrgwarkill

Mrgwarkill Dalayan Beginner

You guys popped up on eqemu's server select.......although since browsing a bit am I to believe that it shouldn't have been?

5. Daffie

Daffie Dalayan Pious Diety

It should have been. This server just made a significant client update which allowed it to become part of the EQ EMU list. Welcome!

6. Vhaast

Vhaast Dalayan Beginner

It was Winter and I heard a Roar from somewhere beind me... Scared me so badly it took m e 10 years or some such to find where it came from ^^

7. Smiggle

Smiggle Dalayan Beginner

New player, what should I box with bard? Healer? Mage/Necro? Should say I played here around '06, and rediscovered server when sod migrated to eqemu server list. Send tell to Shagsaur if you wanna group. :)

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  8. Pecannius

Pecannius Dalayan Elder

Welcome Smiggle! If you want to box something with a bard, I would definitely recommend a healer. Kiting stuff with a bard/necro can kind of work but not as well as live.

9. Tevinter

Tevinter Dalayan Pious Diety

bard+cleric is pretty good

10. Aegamin

Aegamin Dalayan Elder

A couple of buddies and I, who were old school EQ gamers that quit years ago, were waxing nostalgic about EQ. A few years ago we did the project 1999 thing, which was cool, but we lost interest eventually. So one of my friends found this SoD thing. I just made a character (High Elf Wiz) and ran him through the tutorial. Whew, talk about rust! It'll all come back eventually, I'm sure. The more I reading about the similarities and differences, the more I like. It's a little bit of the old and some cool new. I can already feel the addiction bubbling up!

Whopperfoo likes this.
  11. lucylla

lucylla Dalayan Beginner

Think I found WR via google way back in 2005. Been on and off ever since!

12. Sagiscorpius

Sagiscorpius Dalayan Adventurer

I scored a golden ticket out of a willy wonka bar.. Went to his factory and met an oompaloompa named aisling.. He did eventually cocooned into an air head.. I mean elemental. Thats another story.. But he directed me to this gate.. Or did he summon me idr. I asked an eyate to pick the lock he said f u. So i used his face to smash the lock.. Just as effective. I found a chest with a character inside. I put it on.. And woke up in a dream.

<3 tizanish

13. Janakin Venatumbra

Janakin Venatumbra Dalayan Beginner

Friend told me about it years ago. I have been playing EQ since 1999 and still play on EMarr. Got back into P99 and saw this on the server list and decided to give it a go.