Who is playing the Neverwinter Online beta?

RobayonGS

Dalayan Adventurer
I've been trying it out a good bit recently. It's fairly well done as free mmo's go. There are obviously a lot of holes, you know, being a beta, but it's good pretty fun action.

I play a Control Wizard (even though they are basically more like caster dps and not enchanters, but their specializations may change that in the future once they are implemented.)

One thing I do like a lot is the not-normal-mmo targeting system. You use a reticle and blast away based on whomever you have moused over. The controls are really very simple and FPS-like. So take that as you will.

There are only five classes: Guardian Fighter (tank-ish), Great Weapon Fighter (melee dps-ish), Trickster Rogue (overpowered as shit so far but yeah melee dps-ish) Cleric (uhhh caster dps ish and I guess sort of healers even though potions work just fine without a cleric...) and Control Wizard (ranged DPS-ish) and basically all the classes seem to get by without a direct tank in front of them, my caster only has slightly fewer HP than my tank buddy, but far less defense.

Now take that all with a grain of salt. I'm level 22, the cap is 60. The dynamic may change greatly as you level.

And like Star Trek Online (the same company runs both), it's micro transaction based, so you have to either buy in-game Zen credits or farm up celestial crystal stuff (or whatever they are called) which really isn't so hard with your daily dungeon delves and such. The content is a little flat. I hope this gets changed. I know some others are playing this as well, but I thought I'd at least throw in my two cents about it since I didn't see a thread about it in here. Nor did I bother to run a search, so I'll delete this if it is redundant.

Anyways, I play on the Mindflayer server, if anyone is interested in hanging out. And like SoD, I don't get a lot of hours per week to play at all. I *think* I saw a goon guild in there somewhere, for those you who don't despise goon squad in game or are members of SA.

OKAY LOVE YOU ALL:psyduck:

EDIT: My character's name is Otto@dogwelder1 (I think.)

Last edited:
No? NOBODY? Well in some ways you are missing out. I guess. It's not as time consuming. One quest is like an hour. At least at low/mid end. Still, though, worry not, I still consider SoD my favorite. If only I won the lottery and did nothing but play video games and had sex with a harem of women the rest of my life. Sigh.:dumbsad:

A group of us are playing on the Dragon server. have a "hardcore" guild going. Running tier 2's when people need back gearing and CN's when we got the right people. (reading your original post) the game doesnt even begin until 60 like most games. ANyone looking to try this game out i wouldnt make a GF or a GWF atm GF being the most worthless class at the moment. GWF viable but running 2 TR's is much better. pro tip Defense is WAAAYYYYY better than raw HP

I'm not very fond of this game to be honest. The fixed camera really bothers me, and the combat feels fairly clunky and unpolished. Just the whole dodging, button spamming, redundant combat style of this game, and others like it (raiderz, terra, AoC etc) gets old pretty quick imo.

Maxed out a TR to level 60 and in Purple gear too small not very fun pvp is alright but its a meh boring so so out of things to do game even with Gauntylgrm its not got much going for it.

Back
Top Bottom