WHY - (Dragon vs Giant)

rapidghost

Dalayan Beginner
This thread is to poll the general population, and ask why it seems so many are Giant ally and few are dragon ally? Be forwarned, I'm a total newb!

generally, it seems that dhk has many more upgrades that stormkeep and storm's eye. So people tend to raid giants first then dragons. to me, that is why most guilds are giant ally as supposed to dragon.

Also a quick fyi, dragon forged armor is better for casters while giant forged armor is better for melees (late end questable armor)

I don't suppose anyone that actually has the means to find out for sure which has better items in the end would be up to the task of actually doing so? Something tells me if these two factions are opposites, Wiz and his team wouldn't create an entire faction without balancing them pretty darn closely.

You can progress with either faction. There are enough mobs outside of DHK and SE/SK to suppliment items for slots not covered in these zones.

rapidghost said:
I don't suppose anyone that actually has the means to find out for sure which has better items in the end would be up to the task of actually doing so? Something tells me if these two factions are opposites, Wiz and his team wouldn't create an entire faction without balancing them pretty darn closely.

They are both very balanced from what I see. Each will have advantages that the other does not have. The factions are not opposites beyond the idea that giants and dragons are rivals. In the past, killing giants had less powerful loot all around, but today they seem very similar. If a guild was deciding to pick one faction today, I would probably say the biggest factor is what zone is being killed less.

In actuality, SOD today has very few guilds who actually started after the factions were changed (i.e. faction binding, significant costs associated with changing a faction). With that said, I would hardly say there are so few guilds allied to dragons relative to giants.

For a guild starting from the outset of raiding, i.e. Plaguefang is your biggest kill so far, I've found that lower stormkeep is easier than East Dragonhorn Keep. Progression in Stormkeep is faster than that of DHK, and there is less trash to worry about before getting to the named mob. Once Stormkeep is done, Storm's Eye yields better loot, harder trash, and harder nameds.

When Empire did it back in the day, we found that since Stormkeep/Storm's Eye was never taken, they were great zones to progress in. Once Storm's Eye was all farmed out, we stormed through NDHK without much of a problem.

As far as picking a faction from the outset, I've never seen the purpose, simply because ornate armor is too underpowered compared to the loot you'll be getting when raiding other zones, or even in NDHK/Storm's Eye. Until you have enough gems to get combine armor, there's really no point that I can see in picking a faction.

I thuink the majority of guilds today are dragon faction solely because they were dragon faction before Giants were made a viable choice.

If you want to have a REAL count of who is giant and who is dragon look to the guilds that have arrived there after the changes and you will see a pretty even split.

Draxx said:
For a guild starting from the outset of raiding, i.e. Plaguefang is your biggest kill so far, I've found that lower stormkeep is easier than East Dragonhorn Keep. Progression in Stormkeep is faster than that of DHK, and there is less trash to worry about before getting to the named mob. Once Stormkeep is done, Storm's Eye yields better loot, harder trash, and harder nameds.

When Empire did it back in the day, we found that since Stormkeep/Storm's Eye was never taken, they were great zones to progress in. Once Storm's Eye was all farmed out, we stormed through NDHK without much of a problem.
SK/SE was never taken? Funny, I always figured when cpt america Strylok and Wonder Woman herself Amarwhatever her name was left CW for Empire, that they pushed for SK/SE just because we were there to piss us off. I especially was amused when you guys would hit SK on a Wed before our "SK Thursday" raids. It didn't work btw, might want to let them know that. We thought you guys were all cute and stuff trying to compete with us.

Rorahen said:
SK/SE was never taken? Funny, I always figured when cpt america Strylok and Wonder Woman herself Amarwhatever her name was left CW for Empire, that they pushed for SK/SE just because we were there to piss us off. I especially was amused when you guys would hit SK on a Wed before our "SK Thursday" raids. It didn't work btw, might want to let them know that. We thought you guys were all cute and stuff trying to compete with us.

Why are 99% of your posts angry attacks on someone or another?

Rorahen said:

It's funny how it "did" work because we actually progressed as a guild and were about to start the Sepulcher tier unlike CW.

Rorahen said:

Look Rorahen, quit your whining and take a step back for a second. Clearly Chaotic Winds was not near us in progression because you hadn't even killed Rymaz yet when we had already taken Aglak of the Frozen, and the three entrance spawns were on Farm status. We ALWAYS raided on wednesdays, and the fact that you had "SK Thursdays" or whatever bullshit you were planning, there wasn't even an attempt to coordinate, which was a courtesy we would have extended to your guild. We needed the Stormbreaker Plate, so we hit Rymaz at the end of the night.

As guild leader I didn't see any attempt at coordination, except petty attacks on my guild members in exp zones. Now that Empire actually farmed the zone out like 4 months ago,feel free to peruse Storm's Eye. Unless you want to bitch about Fusion taking names in there.

Rorahen said:

Why are you starting drama in a forum that specifically forbids it?

Back
Top Bottom