Wizard spell research

Aegamin

Dalayan Elder
I'm fairly new to this game and have gotten my wizard to level 14. I was telling a buddy about having to remember to throw a few points into research when I hit 16 and for him to set aside any runes he finds for me. Then I went over to the SoD wiki Wizard page and research isn't even listed.

Did SoD get rid of the spell research skill? If not, would you please be able to direct me to some info on it...because I haven't been able to find anything.

I'm loving this game. :)

I'm fairly new to this game and have gotten my wizard to level 14. I was telling a buddy about having to remember to throw a few points into research when I hit 16 and for him to set aside any runes he finds for me. Then I went over to the SoD wiki Wizard page and research isn't even listed.

Did SoD get rid of the spell research skill? If not, would you please be able to direct me to some info on it...because I haven't been able to find anything.

I'm loving this game. :)
No research! Kill adepts, do quests, go to The Cesspits for a great early game dungeon crawl with some of the best gear/exp that you can achieve at your level, and other stuff that I've since forgotten. Theres a ton 0f good advice on this forum in previous threads where new players introduce themselves.

Quick tip. Put your characters name in a signature so other players know who you are. A lot of times, people will give new players quite a bit of help.

That's great news about researching! I had no idea about the adepts or the cesspits. I'll definitely have to check those out. My friend and I are doing a ENC/WIZ duo and have been pretty successful so far. You think we'd be ok at the Cesspit?

Thanks also for the sig advice. I updated it.

That's great news about researching! I had no idea about the adepts or the cesspits. I'll definitely have to check those out. My friend and I are doing a ENC/WIZ duo and have been pretty successful so far. You think we'd be ok at the Cesspit?

Thanks also for the sig advice. I updated it.
As I recall, if you are even a bit thoughtful with your pulls, you won't get more than 2 or 3 mobs. I think you guys would be able to crawl around that zone fairly well, especially as you advance in level. The cesspits zone is capped at like 29, so get what you want before you hit that level. Same with the adepts, but reading my previous links should have you up to speed on that.

Runnyeye is another fun lower level dungeon crawl (I enjoyed it at least) that you can't really access past a certain level either (at 50? you'll get deathtouched in certain places). Unfortunately none of the questlines in that dungeon are for enc/wiz -- but still a good number of early focus effect gear and such from the zone. Treasure Hunting will probably take a couple more friends but is something to check out starting in your 20's. Also, once you're a bit higher level be sure to check out Bounty Hunting.

Sort of a follow up to the research question and where to get spells, since I see questions about this all the time:
-- your 50-60 spells will be bought in the great library of Erudin
-- your basic lvl 61-65 spells are only obtained from killing mobs, and you'll often see them vendored by players (to merchants in Athica in particular), if you check those merchants regularly you can easily end up with a full set of your spells by the time you actually need them.
-- Spells beyond those involve quests/raids.

Runnyeye is another fun lower level dungeon crawl (I enjoyed it at least) that you can't really access past a certain level either (at 50? you'll get deathtouched in certain places). Unfortunately none of the questlines in that dungeon are for enc/wiz -- but still a good number of early focus effect gear and such from the zone. Treasure Hunting will probably take a couple more friends but is something to check out starting in your 20's. Also, once you're a bit higher level be sure to check out Bounty Hunting.

Sort of a follow up to the research question and where to get spells, since I see questions about this all the time:
-- your 50-60 spells will be bought in the great library of Erudin
-- your basic lvl 61-65 spells are only obtained from killing mobs, and you'll often see them vendored by players (to merchants in Athica in particular), if you check those merchants regularly you can easily end up with a full set of your spells by the time you actually need them.
-- Spells beyond those involve quests/raids.

Thank you for the post-50 level spells, yes I was definitely wondering about that lol.

I am really enjoying my time with this game. The addiction has totally set in. My bud and I bound ourselves in old Qeynos (I just can't call them by their new names! lol) right by the sewer. We dove in, spoke to who we needed to and entered the cesspit. The EXP was crazy good and we didn't see a lot of drops, we did see no drop stuff and wondered what is was. Upon some homework today, we see it's for the Franci's staff quest. We saw multiple cultist papers and tattered robes...now we just need to inch through and find The Ghost of the Headmaster so we can camp him for the Ashes of the Head Master (he also drops some other goodies too). We'll go back tonight, but this time we'll know more of what we're doing.

After he logged off all the stores were closed (hate that) because it was night. So I went to do a little exploring. I heard the announcement for the boat leaving for Freeport. Yay, nostalgia, I'll do that. So, while I was sailing away from old Qeynos I went into another zone. Pretty empty except for a lone island in the middle. I did a quick alt+tab to research some info for a quest. I'm not sure what happened but when I came back, I was swimming in the middle of the ocean lol. So, I swam to that island and hoped there were no sharks! I got to the island with a much improved swim ability. Then as I was exploring, I saw a wisp, then another wisp and I got really excited...back in the day I used to hunt wisps here (I always called it Wisp island) for Greater Lightstones, which sold for about 3pp. They were all red and yellow cons. I know nothing there would aggro me, but the wisps will add if they see you attacking one of their own. Because of the new zone EXP bonus, I was getting about 5k EXP per Wisp. It didn't take me long to ding 16. There's nothing like that feeling of brand new spells. :)

So, I hit 20 and loaded up my new spells. What's a good zone to solo (root and nuke)? I went to N. Badlands (old N. Karana) last night. I camped some elite bandits, but as soon as I went to med a griffin got me. Where can I find out about zones and zone bonuses? Wisp island is still good for exp and loot, but I was just curious as to what else. I did read a few hunting guides, but they seem dated.

Warrens throne room is a great solo/group spot for 16-22ish. You may see some light blues at lvl 21 but will still be good exp. THeres casters and healers in there but you should be alright. Another spot that has a ton of mobs around your level is Warpstone Caverns.

Back
Top Bottom