Word of spirit (Hijacked: Veil of Marlow)

Sounds like a cool thing. Buff slots may be an issue tho sadly... i have a hard time to even use Vortex of Death for my group mates... wish Vortex of Death could go into song slots to make it more useable, and also that new spell...

I'm of the opinion that absolutely nothing new other than bard songs and HoT that won't stack should go into the short term buff box. I like my zones not crashing horribly. There just isn't the room for them to go there.

The buff choice is what makes it so sweet.

Understand that the numbers are not set in stone - a lot of field testing will have to take place. This is Cyzaine's baby but I have an inkling that the numbers may be too high when you take into consideration both the push AND pull aggro effects it gives.

Also I put my vote in to allow Wizards to chain concussion when veil is on as an avenue to hilarity.

Yeah by all means make that stuff work Woldo, makes the game harder for people who are complete morons, as it should be.

My hats off to Cyzaine on this idea. I have to say after reading these boards for almost 5 years now this is the best idea I have ever seen discussed for Sks and multi pulls. My favorite part is generating the agro from multiple mobs through the leaching effect. After all thats what dark warriors like Sks do. It's nothing like the way a Pally gains agro and thats what make this idea so damn cool. Seriously though this is one hell of a great idea. I hope you guys get the numbers right through testing. Personally I can't wait to see it in action. I also like the fact that lower end sks will have access to this spell early in their advancement.

Anyways excellent discussion and work guys. Like I said this is by far the best idea I have ever seen about the SK issue and multi pulls.

tried the veil of dis out in a few different scenario's last night. I had some different groupsetups that might be common in exp, but have yet to try it with a really optimized group for the spell (however, I think most of the time, I won't be in a perfectly optimized group for it).

When there are few targets that fd the tank or memblur, I noticed a positive effect from the spell, in these scenarios it really helped in getting agro back. I also tried some real ae content with more mobs. In this scenario agro was still very shaky and I hardly noticed a difference compared to what it used to be, the situation with only one healer was bad, when adding in a second healer it became slightly better but not really enough to make a difference. I was positively surprised by the recast of the spell. For some reason I had a picture in my head of casting it once during a wave of mobs, but it ended up more like 2 or 3.

When it comes to ticks the spell might need 1 more tick, however I personally felt that I had enough time to react and do atleast some agro causing activities during its runtime, but it didnt feel as if this was the case for the entire group. After using the dis spell and thinking some about numbers, I think that veil of marlow might (before having actually used it) be good where it is, but veil of dis could use having a 30% mod instead of 20%. The runtime of the spell is short enough that the agro generated wont be extreme in the context of the entire fight, but with 30% the spell would be noticed more as a panic button (at beginning of fight and/or when one healer gets agro).

Having sk's early on notice the effect more, would make them more likely to include it in their regular spellset and work harder for the upgraded spell. At the same time, the initial mobcamping when the dropper is found might not become quite as high, if the difference isnt quite as huge.

That said, I can't wait to try out veil of marlow, and I still need to try a group tailored specifically for the spell.

When originally conceived, the thought was for a MUCH higher percent redirect (70%), shorter duration (2 ticks), and longer recast time (5 or 6 minutes). It's probably a bit to early to really say if that would be a superior spell or not.

In any case any feedback or bugs are appreciated.

Also I put my vote in to allow Wizards to chain concussion when veil is on as an avenue to hilarity.

This was the first thing I thought of...wizards conc during veil, SKs ninja-voice wizards...epic battle of the ages!

I really like this idea though. Aggro reduction for the group, a little aggro boost now and again for the SK. Not seeing a downside to this at all tbh. SKs are good for something beyond succubus now!

For the record, the SK Union is way better at getting what they want than the Druid Union.

Yeah for Aggro stealing SK's!! I might even dememm Relic Concussion
:p

The thematic opposite of the Taratzu healing flame drop. It's about as rare too, so I imagine it'll be a little while before people find it.

I hope the spell-dropper has a name indicating what it can drop and it wasn't just added to an existing mob. There's more cold zones than fire ones like RSM.
I wish Nwaij was a SK so he could find it by now and tell me where it drops.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom