WTS: Me Mining Ore :)

Isscanur

Dalayan Beginner
Ok, I figured I might give this a shot. What I would like to do is sell ore.

Mining takes up -a lot- of time. I can spend the whole day mining to fill up two bags (If I am mining 5 stacks of everything i can mine). I do this entirely by hand.

So to save my time (and hopefully yours) I figure for those of you who wish to Blacksmith or what have you but don't want to spend a lot of time mining, I can do it for you.

Currently I am able to mine Iron, Copper, Silver, Dalium and Mithril

Here's how It'll work:

You send me your order through the Forums PM system. I will reply to let you know I got the PM and when I will have your ore for you. When I complete the mining I will then listsend to you, and also PM you on the forums to let you know.

I am placing a limit on Copper through Mithril at 4 stacks. Iron is a lot easier to mine, so I 'could' do more.

I am testing this idea to see how it works for me. If I get too over-whelemed (which I don't expect too much) it may take extra time to get you your order. If I do choose to pull back from this offer I will fill all remaining orders before I do and will reply to this message indicating it has been retracted.

Anyways, thought I'd toss that out there. Remember PM me with the order replying to this message may cause me to miss it.

Thanks! Happy hunting,

Isscanur

PM's Enabled

Doh! Thanks for telling me that. :) Didn't know they had to be enabled. :)

Good reason why it says 'Dalaya Beginner' under my name. :)

Issc

Is there standard pricing on ore?

I thought about seeing if it is worth it. I am guessing that killing harthuks in GD is more profitable and more interesting. Not that killing harthuks is very profitable or interesting, but Kerolynne speaks truth.

if you don't count farming plat from npcs, i think the reason mining is majorly lacking is that fishing is tremendously easier and yields more money than mining.

if you count the highest end mining vs the highest end fishing, (POA vs deepmetal), both are hard to get to, have kos mobs everywhere etc (lets ignore that you can in certain cases pledge yourself to a deity to become non kos): i would imagine that you can fish up 20 sunfish faster than you can mine 20 deepmetal ore. I do not know if there are more/less spots for deepmetal mining than poa fishing. POA fishing does have a lot of competition.

Beyond that, the majority of fishers are map fisherman. I've never heard many people complain about a lack of spots to fish maps, and the plat yield for selling the maps was way better than mining ghostmetal/warpmetal (anecdotally).

Prices on ore seem to fluctuate with the smith. What I would pay is less than someone else, because I have 2 miners, and mine 99% of the ore myself.

Going down the list from what I've seen on /auc:
Deepmetal - 1250 a stack (3-4 hours work)
Ghost/Warp - 350 a stack
Obsidian - 200 a stack
Mithril - last I saw was 75 a stack, I wouldn't pay over 50
Dalium - ?? 30-40 would be right

Fishing is much more profitable if you get to 250 and are fishing maps. Mining everything but deepmetal can get some good ore returns, if you find a buyer.

As I said, I'm not positive on prices, I mine my own, and rarely, if ever, buy it.

Back
Top Bottom