Xavok's Journey

XavokSoD

Dalayan Beginner
New player here, a friend from P99 recommended this server to me so figured i would check it out and after reading the wiki i decided to try and kill all of the adepts while leveling to max. Also found out about the Grinkles community toons which is an amazing idea and whoever that guy is has my thanks!

Anyways with all that said, here is the first screenshot in a series of adept kills!

Xavok and Grinrude vs Rabb The Ratt.

AAbE6aA.png

“Alas, poor Rabb! I knew him, Woldaff: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?”

(Congratulations on your kill, and I hope you will enjoy your time on this server!)

New player here, a friend from P99 recommended this server to me so figured i would check it out and after reading the wiki i decided to try and kill all of the adepts while leveling to max. Also found out about the Grinkles community toons which is an amazing idea and whoever that guy is has my thanks!

Anyways with all that said, here is the first screenshot in a series of adept kills!

Xavok and Grinrude vs Rabb The Ratt.

AAbE6aA.png

what p99 guild brah?!

I was in the guild named "Taken" , 60 dwarf cleric named Bluecross Blueshield, friend named Happyfeet recommended SoD to me.

I was in taken many a years ago. some crazy ass monk was just too crazy for me and i left.

Welcome to SOD

Welcome to SOD.

I've recently returned, along with a buddy of mine, and have been enjoying the below 65 content and adepts. If you ever need a hand with an adept, please feel free to send a tell to Burglecut, Shizik, Kriff or my buddy Brickey, Allagash, Grizzacca. We've benefitted from the generousity of Grinkles, Draist, and frequent help from Kylone as we slowly move through the lower levels and would be happy to pay it forward.

Congrats on your victories thus far, and welcome to Shards of Dalaya. Funnily enough, it's as if we switched places! I've puttered around P99 for the past couple of days while you were trying out SoD. I hope the upcoming Adept fights are as challenging as they are fun. Once you get to The Wind Hag (25), The Haunted Treant (32), and Maggot-Infested Corpse (35), you'll have to start strategizing much more carefully. ;)

On another note, it looks like you have a few odd issues with certain parts of character models showing up as textureless/white. I've never seen that before, but maybe your SoD directory started out as a copy+paste from P99 or another EQEmu server, leading to some of the global character files being corrupted/buggy within the client we use?

EDIT: By the way, Grinmar was actually a prototype community toon and is the oldest surviving Project Grin character, which explains why his gear is severely lacking. If you ever need to kill The Beetle Queen again, try out communitydru12, a.k.a. Grinrora. She's got almost triple the Mana and looks much cooler, too.

Last edited:
Congrats on your victories thus far, and welcome to Shards of Dalaya. Funnily enough, it's as if we switched places! I've puttered around P99 for the past couple of days while you were trying out SoD. I hope the upcoming Adept fights are as challenging as they are fun. Once you get to The Wind Hag (25), The Haunted Treant (32), and Maggot-Infested Corpse (35), you'll have to start strategizing much more carefully. ;)

On another note, it looks like you have a few odd issues with certain parts of character models showing up as textureless/white. I've never seen that before, but maybe your SoD directory started out as a copy+paste from P99 or another EQEmu server, leading to some of the global character files being corrupted/buggy within the client we use?

EDIT: By the way, Grinmar was actually a prototype community toon and is the oldest surviving Project Grin character, which explains why his gear is severely lacking. If you ever need to kill The Beetle Queen again, try out communitydru12, a.k.a. Grinrora. She's got almost triple the Mana and looks much cooler, too.

I was wondering why Grinmar had 0 mana and no drinks, no summon drink items either. Also about the character model issue, its only in the pictures, for some reason when i uploaded those to imgur they turned out that way.

Xavok and Co VS Junkbeast.

i1xqsu8.png

Last edited:
Question for the devs.

Why do adepts have a 36+ hour respawn timer? I mean it seems like most people don't even touch this content and the few people that do want to adept hunt have to wait days to find a mob up. Is it because of the loot? because i have not seen anything good enough to warrent that kind of respawn time (outside maybe the perfect wolzie from junkbeast) and the exp isn't good, you get maybe a yellow and a half per kill from what i have seen so far.

My point being, couldn't the respawn time on all adepts be lowered to 12/24 hrs? Adept hunting is fun but waiting days (which i am currently doing for flitterwing) is not fun. Maybe im missing something so if anyone knows why adepts have such a long respawn time please do tell.

Why do adepts have a 36+ hour respawn timer?

Agreed. I've been xp locked for a few days while waiting for a couple fun pieces off some of the mid level adepts. With a low pop and efforts to get more people interested and to stick around, might not be a bad idea to knock these timers back a bit.

Additionally, props to Xavok who's also jumped in to play some comm toons on some adept fights above his level.

The Adventure Continues!

Xavok and Co VS Flitterwing (finally), Brancu Earthcrumbler & The Fleshflower.
EQ000013.jpg

23pmj6.jpg

30vevwn.jpg

2myqdg1.jpg

Seems like uploading my pictures on imgur caused the images to bug out so ill use tinypic from now on. Also if people want me to stop bumping my own thread with updates just let me know and ill stop.

url]

Fun Fact: all adepts used to be on a 3 day timer AND explock did not exist

That's insane......

Are the sub-30 adepts all 8 hour respawn now or am I imagining reading that at some point?

Most of them are 36 hours which is a shame. Someone killed The Spectral Hunter earlier this morning when i was on but had said nothing in ooc so ill have to wait a few days for another crack at it. They really should consider lowering the respawn time on adepts, i mean it wont break the game, its just fun content for lower levels and new players so whats the harm?

Last edited:
They really should consider lowering the respawn time on adepts, i mean it wont break the game, its just fun content for lower levels and new players so whats the harm?
I agree with you for the most part. On the other hand,
1) SoD is a slow paced game, lots of grinds, which isn't for everyone. If your goal is to kill adapts only that might be a problem. But if you want to experience all that SoD has to offer, you're going to have to get used to a certain slower, pace. Having adepts respawn really fast doesn't seem to fit into the way that SoD is played later.
2) You can skip adepts if you're looking to farm a specific item. I can understand wanting to kill all the adepts at some point to experience the content, but besides maybe 2 clicky items (1 of them being a 55 adept so you can work AAs), I don't think any of the items really have a super huge impact on the lower game.

All in all though, I don't personally have a problem with < 1 day adept timers.

Bang Bang! And you guys thought i was done for the night.......

Xavok and Co VS Goretusk and The Haunted Treant.

Tho lets be real here, Slamut basically soloed Goretusk.

dmryc1.jpg

34gue5u.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom