Yale

Kedrin

Dalayan Pious Diety
You have 14 Days. If after that time the [Yale Loot] is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play [SoD].

To be brief, Yale loot might need to get looked at.

14 Days.... after that this site will change from the most popular [SoD] fan site on the internet to the most popular [Dawntide] fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless fuckers... it's my turn.

All jokes aside:

Belt of Ten Thousand Thorns
Should get an aug slot, most like a type 5

This item seems to have different stats on Fomelo vs in game. Might want to look into that?

Shard of Venomous Growth
Should MAYBE? get an aug slot, most like a type 2. However most ranges that I can think of don't have one.

Focus Effect: Toxic Rancor currently doesn't work. I'm guessing this should be an 8% poison Focus?

I do enjoy the fact that you guys are trying to make multi slot items, it's great to have the ability to move something around to make your gear work when min/maxing. However I am not quite sure a secondary (shield) and ranged item works. Shields currently have far too much AC on them vs a ranged item on the same tier. This item has too low AC to use it as a shield (along with the low bash proc rate) however if you added too much AC to the item it would quickly become too good as a ranged. Perhaps this is just a dumb argument, this item seems pretty solid for Necros(EDIT: Necros are not even on this item. Could this be looked at possibility so more than one class might want this? Sorry I'm an idiot and didn't even notice this until it was pointed out) and Shamans.

Just some random though on new item.

Thanks for making new things.

Last edited:
Thanks Devs, very fun and challenging fight.

Not very Necro friendly, but cant get it all :p

Last edited:
You weren't even there for the Yale kill so you don't even know if the rewards are appropriate for the difficulty of the mob making this thread void.

But seriously aug slots would be neat. Great fight though was very fun learning. Thanks for creating great things.

Last edited:
I wish I could experience such fun please let me know if your group of neckbeards has room for one more

All jokes aside:

Belt of Ten Thousand Thorns
Should get an aug slot, most like a type 5

This item seems to have different stats on Fomelo vs in game. Might want to look into that?

Shard of Venomous Growth
Should MAYBE? get an aug slot, most like a type 2. However most ranges that I can think of don't have one.

Focus Effect: Toxic Rancor currently doesn't work. I'm guessing this should be an 8% poison Focus?

I do enjoy the fact that you guys are trying to make multi slot items, it's great to have the ability to move something around to make your gear work when min/maxing. However I am not quite sure a secondary (shield) and ranged item works. Shields currently have far too much AC on them vs a ranged item on the same tier. This item has too low AC to use it as a shield (along with the low bash proc rate) however if you added too much AC to the item it would quickly become too good as a ranged. Perhaps this is just a dumb argument, this item seems pretty solid for Necros(EDIT: Necros are not even on this item. Could this be looked at possibility so more than one class might want this? Sorry I'm an idiot and didn't even notice this until it was pointed out) and Shamans.

Just some random though on new item.

Thanks for making new things.

Augs missing from items is an oversight and will be fixed next time items are updated.

Range and Secondary work just fine together. It might not be a good tank secondary but that does not mean it isn't a solid secondary item. Having said this the proc rate on the item was never adjusted, you will find it to be a lot higher soon. Necro is not going to be added.

Augs missing from items is an oversight and will be fixed next time items are updated.

Range and Secondary work just fine together. It might not be a good tank secondary but that does not mean it isn't a solid secondary item. Having said this the proc rate on the item was never adjusted, you will find it to be a lot higher soon. Necro is not going to be added.
can you give enchanters the ability to bash next patch please?

Also, I'm not sure what kind of tests were done to indicate that Toxic Rancor doesn't work. It does when I just tested it. Spell descriptions will be updated eventually.

Hm, was necro removed from that ranged/off-hand shard? It seem's like a necro item, but Necro not on... Guess there is some other really good necro item on Yale, yet to be seen :p

Hm, was necro removed from that ranged/off-hand shard? It seem's like a necro item, but Necro not on... Guess there is some other really good necro item on Yale, yet to be seen :p
Are you sure we haven't seen all of its loot drop yet? we have killed it once so i feel like it's safe to assume nothing else will drop.

Not trying to criticize or make this a complain-ey post, but was thinking about it and just curious on the reasoning behind Nature bane on the belt. Banes to me seem already a little bit out of wack, just with the sheer amount of banes needed for different monsters in this game. My ranger carries a bag and a half of quivers, but at least doesn't have to worry about them being different levels of strength. So with this wide range of banes, it would seem fit that they'd be spread out over a wide range of mobs / zones. I get that this list of possible encounters / items / zones diminishes once you reach the threshold of high tiers, but I just wanted to compare a few examples.

As of right now Prime Twins arms are the only 13 Dmg bane item in the game and they happen to be Nature, which is probably the least used bane as far as bosses go (which isn't the ONLY purpose for banes, I know). I believe Essence of the Mother and Old Overgrowth are the only two aside from Adept mobs and various mundane mobs.

Historically it seems like a majority of bane items come from mobs of that bane type. The top (melee) Planar Elemental bane comes from a Planar Elemental mob, the top Dragonkin bane comes from a Dragon, the top Ancient Race bane comes from Ancient Race mobs, the top Undead bane comes from an undead mob, and so on and so forth. I get that in some cases there are alternatives due to class limitations, etc. but overall it shares a decent pattern.

With all that said, there seems to be a pretty decent difference between a 13 bane damage item on a not-so-frequently used bane type and a 9 damage bane item on a very frequently used bane type. Yale is a Planar Elemental mob; why not make it Planar Elemental bane instead of adding one more point to an already unheard of bane dmg that is Nature? Especially when Planar's current best-in-slot item is only a 9, and there's already the highest bane dmg in the game, let alone in its bane type, that drops from another mob in the same zone. This is just one example and could apply to a few different bane types that are lacking a higher tiered, double digit bane dmg, item.

I know balancing items in this game is tough and there's always gonna be someone complaining about some sort of imbalance one way or another. Banes are a special breed of work and I give credit to the devs that have managed to maintain and balance them so far in the game. I'd like to think this post isn't a complaint but rather a suggestion, since I'm not directly affected to banes as a Cleric and Ranger. I just know there's a lot of classes that do depend on banes to make the most of their numbers.

Bane is probably deserving of its own topic. I personally feel that bane on gear is a failed experiment. I do however like the idea. I just feel that it would be better implemented by a small increase in damage, not just melee, the more you kill that type of mob.

Example: killing 10,000 Dragons will give you 1% more damage to Dragons. (Yes, I pulled these numbers out of my ass.)

This would make it far more easy to balance Gear. Also, it might help melees in general (an area that probably needs work)

Thought about its own thread but seemed on-topic enough since the Yale belt was what stood out most. But I agree bane is a topic that could be discussed.

Back
Top Bottom