Yet another Old School EQ player

AsylumX

Dalayan Beginner
Hey all, just dropped in to say hello and kind of introduce myself to whoever decides to read this :) I played on Tunare way back when EQ was a new and spectacular game, a couple months before kunark was released, and played straight through to LDoN beta. Unfortunately i had to stop playing, the university i went to had everything firewalled and port blocked out the ass, so no more EQ.

Now i'm no longer in uni (long story, don't ask), played WoW private servers for 6 months or so and it just brought back too many memories for me to control my EQ urges :haw: and i really don't have the money to pay for live servers, and i don't think i would even if i did *coughsoecansuckmyballscough* So here i am, and i've just got a few questions about the server:

1. How drastic are the zone, mob, discipline, and gameplay changes? Is there a list of major changes anywhere?
2. How far along are the expansions on the emu? PoP? LoY? farther along?
3. Can i still /punt gnomes with no repercussions? :haw:

See you in game guys!
AsylumX aka Bebop aka Kelorm

Re: Yet another Old School Game player

Hey, AsylumX, welcome. Can't really help you with 2 or 3, except to say that SoD doesn't follow the expansions of Live. Zones currently in the game have been taken from every expansion up to... Velious, no? Hopefully, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was at least one zone from Velious (Iceclad?) and something from Kunark (Timorous Deep?).

For number 1, though... well, can't help you with that one, either, come to think of it. I asked about this once, and they said that someone had tried to catalog everything that's different here, but it was just too overwhelming. That being said, I wouldn't mind starting a thread and making some observations, now that I've been here a couple of months.

How about this: One thing that's different is, NIGHT MATTERS, almost everywhere. Vendors close down, buildings lock up, different critters come out. I still think it's kind of cool. Boats work, too.... and there's a fairly useful Portal system. No PoK, of course.

Many zones are in different places... try to find Unrest! Mobs seem to be the same models in those zones, but a bit more plentiful. Pathing for newbie zones (and other places, I think) is different - maybe just harder because there are more of them.

Anyway, enjoy. It's a very fun place.

From the Starting Guide:

Install Everquest®
Run EverQuest.exe and let the EverQuest patcher do its thing. IMPORTANT: Click the "Advanced" tab and select all expansions up to and including Lost Dungeons when patching. This is necessary to be able to play the server.

Most of Velious zones are used and a smattering of zones are used up to and including LDoN expansion.

welcome to a new dawn of SoD. from a fellow live gamer SoD use the mape from upto Lodn but that were the 2 split chactor class are close but nothing is set in stone. look for changes everware. SoD put a new life on a old game with many new upgrades and combos. hope you enjoy. yours hason the warrior :dance: :dance:

Welcome to SoD AsylumX

Since most of the other stuff was answered I'll start wtih the gnome question. I wouldn't advise it =P~ There are lots of gnome lovers out there and some *cough* have the ability to perma soulbound gnome illusion. There are even gnome potions.

Peronsonally being that short is a pain, but I wouldn 't be in a hurry to piss off the gnomes!!

Seriously though, There is a lot of differences, so be careful and take some time to explore :dance: have gnome safe fun!

Hey fellow Tunare-ite! I played as Dynamite Fizzlebum and Perceptor Parabaloid on early Tunare until around 2001/2002.

hey hey !!! Also played on Tunare from the release of Kunark until just a little after GoD came out . Ingame names were Arillios Freeborne , Reily Freeborne and Mikular Spiritwolfe . Same thing brought me back also man , you cant escape EQ it always pulls ya back in =P

Hey

I'm also an original Tunare player. I played my ranger Curio up to Kunark, then enchanter Curuuk to Velious and finally rogue Curiosity to planes of power. No dobut we've met each other, I used to play all hours!

Guild: Tide (european)

def had to i was online atleast 8 hours a day =P right after high school just wanted to EQ it up and work on occasion lol . Used to run around with a bunch of people who lived near me names included Vikular , Mikular , Pumyra , Crunchums and Stapes bunch more but forget em was such a long time ago =P

Back
Top Bottom