Ytrazliarch quest

Interstate

Dalayan Beginner
Ytrazliarch is one, if not the best, 1 hander a warrior can obtain before stepping in a high end raid zone. At the moment it seems like a dead quest. I believe it was designed with the old faction system in mind, where it was really easy to switch from one faction to another. With the introduction of the "faction bound" system, it is no longer an option to kill both dragon/giants.

Frost King Rymaz Sunbane is a huge bottle neck for this quest. My guild refuses to kill him, simply because they'll all lose half of their DHK faction bound items. Another recent change, where you can no longer loot raid mobs if you're not part of the group/raid, makes things eaven more complicated. I always hoped that someday I'll be able to loot a rotting quest piece, but now that's out of the question.

I have a few suggestions in order to make this quest more accessible to both dragon and giant faction allied guilds. Make Lady Rosaline (dragon faction)neutral just like Outcast Batutisz. Make the quest piece that drops from Frost King Rymaz Sunbane questable. So people who are allied with giants can quest for the quest piece and people who are allied with dragons can simply kill him. Moving the quest piece to some other mob is another option.

No idea on the matter, but RPwise Lady Rosaline has a title that seems to be honorific among her kind, while Outcast Batutisz seems really off the Scale Alliance...
Wouldn't work. But it might not close all doors about revamping this part of the quest.

Some comments on this, as I'm not sure we're going to make changes just yet. The faction bound system only impacts you if you choose to receive upgrades to your items through turning them in with your faction. So in this case, I would wait until you're finished with the quest prior to making any items faction bound. There are probably a few lore reasons that would make it silly if you didn't lose a bit of faction somewhere along the quest for doing parts of it.

As for the concerns of your guild not wanting to kill Rymaz, that's a legitimate problem that may need to be looked at in the new system. I'll discuss it and see what(if anything) better we can come up with while still keeping this quest as difficult as it should be.

Would it be out of the question to lower adrecia/rosaline's response triggers to kindly, even warmly? I was under the impression that ATM ally faction is required to finish this part. This is a huge problem for me for a multitude of reasons, mainly because my guild is allied to giants, and allying to dragons simply for a ytraz in the long run wont be worth it. It has taken me infinite hours to get out of deep KOS with dragons, atm I am amiable and have another 200 frost giant heads to turn in before I see ally. I do not participate in DHK raids and if I was not trying to preserve my faction I would probably have enough marvelous gems and DHK loot to make me not care about this weapon. I am in too deep to turn back now though and forget about this sword. If I ever eventually get to ally and finish the quest, since it is not faction bound and since my guild is allied to giants, I will then be forced to spend another 75 IRL hours becoming ally to giants, If I ever want to see ornate armor. As far as I know the 4-5 major raiding guilds are all allied to giants.

If adrecia/rosalines triggers were lowered to kindly instead of ally this would give me the option of finishing the quest without quite so much worthless faction grinding. This way, as long as I dont kill any dragons, I will have some default faction to build off of and I can still turn back over to giant faction so I can raid normally with my guild.

Is it intended that anyone with this weapon never has a chance to ally with giants? Is this a token prize of becoming Ally to dragons? Is there an equivelant giant quest I missed? Because from what I understand the new faction changes, are intended so that you can not change from dragon to giant or visa versa. Its not that the risk outweighs the reward, because if it were easier to ally dragons I would already have this quest completed, there is no "risk" involved in factioning endlessly for frost giant heads, this quest is simply a time sink that is not worth it. In my opinion something needs to be changed with the faction of this quest not neccesarily rymaz.

Sorry for the long drawn out post, I had a lot to say!

Behn the gnome

Don't quote me, but I've heard rumors that this quest can be done at "Indifferent" to dragons (or at least, you do'nt have to be ally)

There are some who might point this out as one of the advantages of allying with dragons instead of giants, like everyone else. Esspecially to those who claim there is no tank loot among the giants' corpses.

Xeldan said:
Some comments on this, as I'm not sure we're going to make changes just yet. The faction bound system only impacts you if you choose to receive upgrades to your items through turning them in with your faction. So in this case, I would wait until you're finished with the quest prior to making any items faction bound.

Since all quest armor is now to be affected by the faction system as well as drop upgrades, can this request be re-considered? It was practically unobtainable for those who have chosen Dragon faction before, and even more-so now.

I've not yet done the quest myself, but a fellow guild member was working on it and mentioned that there are I think he said two dragon kills? I could be wrong, either way, after just getting allied with Dragons, and the new faction system going in, I told him no way in hell would I ruin my faction now to help him with the kill, so he's pretty much abandoned it because we can't help him. Most people tend to agree that you need to do this quest before working on a faction, which, has a lot of people I know feeling a little stuck since they already picked a faction and don't want to ruin it.

I'd be interested to hear/see what changes if any were made and let people know who have been interested in this quest or have started working on it and feel stuck now.

Xardon said:
Most people tend to agree that you need to do this quest before working on a faction

Which is pretty unrealistic, given that by the time you have the friends (read guild) capable of helping you with the items you need, you and your friends will be raiding one or the other faction regularly. This means your friends won't want to help you kill the mobs you need that would harm their faction, and make it very difficult to participate in your guild while working up your own opposing faction.

This quest is currently in opposition with the intent of all the changes made to encourage folks to pick a faction and not switch factions.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
Which is pretty unrealistic, given that by the time you have the friends (read guild) capable of helping you with the items you need, you and your friends will be raiding one or the other faction regularly. This means your friends won't want to help you kill the mobs you need that would harm their faction, and make it very difficult to participate in your guild while working up your own opposing faction.

This quest is currently in opposition with the intent of all the changes made to encourage folks to pick a faction and not switch factions.

Completely agree with you, well stated.

Does anyone know how big the faction hits from Lady Rosaline & Faeth Guardian are? ie. if I was allied dragon & killed them both, would my faction drop below amiably on the combined kills or even the individual kills? Also, can someone confirm that when faction drops below amiable, all draconic/ornate/faction bound items will be deleted, or simply unusable?
Currently two Chaotic Winds members (Yale and Devanos) are in need of the Rosaline & Faeth kills, it might be possible that some kind of swap can be made, so that CW will kill King Rymaz & allow loot rights on the blade if another guild can kill Rosaline and/or Faeth & give one of our questers the chance to that part. Please send Devanos, Yale or Xardon tells ingame if that's of interest to any players/guilds

balamor said:
Also, can someone confirm that when faction drops below amiable, all draconic/ornate/faction bound items will be deleted, or simply unusable?

Can't answer your faction hit question, but faction bound items are deleted when you drop below amiable.

Currently two Chaotic Winds members (Yale and Devanos) are in need of the Rosaline & Faeth kills, it might be possible that some kind of swap can be made, so that CW will kill King Rymaz & allow loot rights on the blade if another guild can kill Rosaline and/or Faeth & give one of our questers the chance to that part. Please send Devanos, Yale or Xardon tells ingame if that's of interest to any players/guilds

One of the problems with this (for the folks you want to swap with, not your folks) is that for the quest, you have to talk to the Ladies to progress in the quest. People on Giant faction can't do this without a HUGE amount of faction work (during which time, they of course can't participate in guild raids on dragons).

You do highlight a good point; this quest is easier to accomplish for dragon aligned, as they don't actually have to have Giant faction to complete it.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
You do highlight a good point; this quest is easier to accomplish for dragon aligned, as they don't actually have to have Giant faction to complete it.

But at the same time our entire guild is Allied Dragons and does not want to take the faction hits by killing the dragons as many already have up to Ornate pieces, and don't want to take the chance of losing them. I certainly would love to help and support my guild members working on this quest, but it was a pain to get to allied that I don't even want to lose that now, so they are somewhat stuck with out my support.

Suppose I could always spend a few weeks to PL up a char to help them out though I suppose, one that I didn't care about faction with.

Back
Top Bottom