Ytrazliarch.

Budizzle

Banned Jerk
I can't get any help ingame for this quest because "no one does that quest anymore", whatever the hell that means. My problem is with the second part of the quest -- collecting mithril ore. I have camped the miners in Great Divide, slaying hundreds of them, and ruining several toons' faction in the process. While I received no blocks of mithril, several blocks of deepscar ore dropped for me, and no one has any idea what they're for (not mentioned in the Wiki, etc); it is lore, so obviously not for any tradeskills. All I need is a confirmation that A Block of Mithril Ore is, infact, still the correct drop and hasn't been replaced by the deepscar ore... and that the quest isn't broken, heh.

Thanks.

I think you can get it from the miners in Thurgadin by Crystal Caverns. These mobs give no faction hit.

Renshu said:
I think you can get it from the miners in Thurgadin by Crystal Caverns. These mobs give no faction hit.

I don't really mind taking the faction hit at all. However, I would object to a faction hit on Thurg in vain.

Any chance someone could verify that the Deepscar ore will drop off of the miners in Thurgadin down by Crystal Caverns before I blow up my warrior's faction.

Thanks,
Draxle

Then can we fix the mobs that drop this to not have a negative faction hit with the captian in Thurgadin?

Seems that based on the wiki, that Captain Galur the guy who gives the Harthuk Horn quest is on Shadow Dwarf faction and you would need to kill Dragons or Scale alliance to bring that back up if you didn't want to be KoS.

Just want to make sure that this was intended.

Maybe we remove the faction hit from the Shadow Dwarf Miners in GD? Sort of like the change made for rogues with their quest.

Thoughts?

Draxle

Then can we fix the mobs that drop this to not have a negative faction hit with the captian in Thurgadin?

Seems that based on the wiki, that Captain Galur the guy who gives the Harthuk Horn quest is on Shadow Dwarf faction and you would need to kill Dragons or Scale alliance to bring that back up if you didn't want to be KoS.

Just want to make sure that this was intended.

Maybe we remove the faction hit from the Shadow Dwarf Miners in GD? Sort of like the change made for rogues with their quest.

Thoughts?

Draxle

My thought: Shadowdwarf faction can be fixed by killing Harthuks, so this is a nonissue.

Bud this is where I quit the quest. I could never get it to drop either. Good Luck.

I finished the quest a long time ago. Deepscar ore was, in fact, the correct drop. Too bad I slaughtered over 9000 miners before I discovered the truth. :( It doesn't really matter now though...

Nwaij,
Thanks for the info on being able to kill Harthuks to raise that faction. I didn't think that the faction hit for Harthuks raised that, just thought that that turning in horns would.

Thanks for the clarification.

Now off to kill a sh**load of miners =P

Draxle

Killing Harthuks raises a bunch of dwarf factions (to max indiff), then you can turn in the norns you gather to get higher. I recall killing the wyrms also raises shadow dwarf faction, I expect killing giants in GD would also.

Back
Top Bottom