Zone Curiosity

Melodico

Dalayan Elder
A question many of us may have asked ourselves at one point or another:
Are there active zones that have yet to be discovered?

The loading screen teases it with a caption reading: "They haven't found the hidden zone.... yet" However this caption could be dated.

Zones such as Temple of Elael, Slaar's Troll-Zone, etc. don't count. This is referring to zones that are active, completely undiscovered, and not simply underutilized.

Such curiosity has motivated me to scour the Server Status screen, the various obsolete wiki pages, etc. in hopes of finding random tidbits, but to no avail.

What say you, staff, have a bit of fun and tease an answer?

-Pazms

there are various rumors on shards of dalaya.

there is the supposed encounter in tower of tarhyl / zone
there is the fabled gnome mask / lock ness monster

Ethereal Dojo is pretty obscure / not many people know about it / how to get there.

There's a door in Mielech A that says it requires a key that says it leads to Mielech's Laboratory on the map, also.

Pretty sure there is a zone that nobody has found yet. One of the devs/admins have mentioned it a number of times

It would be cool if the Devs implemented Sewers of Dranik from the Omens of War expansion. That place was exciting and drudging through a sewer was always an eerie feeling. That place pissed me off too. The end boss, if spawned dropped MS3 or 4...been forever. Anyway, I really wanted that spell for my mage and it was like a 90% drop rate. I finally got a group together, we got to the last boss and it dropped like 50pp.....NOTHING ELSE! I petitioned and ...ya, that went no where. That boss always dropped a item or spell or what ever, NOT just pp. GM said, "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose."

--

Back on topic...I'm going to have to start searching around now. :) I'd love to find some content unknown to others.

There was a sea monster in sea of swords that I think looked like keo'kodal or a giant render. Have seen it myself multiple times years ago but was never able to kill it. It spawned off of little gnome scholars island at midnight or 6am or something, down at the bottom of the ocean.

There are a bunch of "secret" sort of things that people definitely know about but don't share. So I am sure there are other secrets no one knows about.

i found a zone and an emote when i tried to zone in, i quickly received a tell warning me to stay away, so searching is discouraged

Mielech's lab got implemented recently.

Dragon in tears of elael just gets ganged up on by everything that sees it (needs to be made non kos to other npcs, part of me thinks this is due to dragon roar aoe)

The sea monster in sea of swords is actually a big rock snake called "the sea serpent" as there was some previous bug with the keo model in that zone once upon a time (i heard it would clipp under the world, something i fear even the snake has a chance to do, explaining how rarely he's seen)

There was a Luclin zone (forget name of the thought horror zone) that was populated with trash green mobs, you would get there by killen/hailing some fairy... but i fear that was just a joke with no serious intentions ever.

There's a blue (to 65) con "goblin overseer" in tpit (vah shir city) near the runnyeye zone, he appears to spawn (according to track) in the deep pit below the last bridge to runnyeye.

Ethereal Dojo is pretty easy to flag for, but it is incredibly unclear what the zone is intended to be. A GM sought clarification from Slaar, and apparently it's content is split, some 6 man, some 10 man, and some 18 man. None of which is labeled or clearly identified.

There was also another zone like "grobb undercity" I saw connect referencing Oggok. (it was not Oggok Mines)

Last edited:
Dragon in tears of elael just gets ganged up on by everything that sees it (needs to be made non kos to other npcs, part of me thinks this is due to dragon roar aoe)
Is this referencing the static dinosaur in the crater? (Steel-skinned_arenodon)
Or, is this referencing the fabled pathing golden dinosaur that I've heard whispers of? It would be interesting to see if we could figure out a timing mechanism of his spawn. Your suggestion of changing his faction is good, also a zone-wide emote could help at least identify his appearance, if there is a reason behind the kos standing between this npc and the goblins / orcs.

There was a Luclin zone (forget name of the thought horror zone) ...
Akheva ruins from live?

Thanks for the solid insight!

-Pazms

Is this referencing the static dinosaur in the crater? (Steel-skinned_arenodon)
Or, is this referencing the fabled pathing golden dinosaur that I've heard whispers of? It would be interesting to see if we could figure out a timing mechanism of his spawn. Your suggestion of changing his faction is good, also a zone-wide emote could help at least identify his appearance, if there is a reason behind the kos standing between this npc and the goblins / orcs.

Akheva ruins from live?

Thanks for the solid insight!

-Pazms

The zone i referred to was Mons Letalis, and i believe it was the aforementioned slaar's troll zone.

The dragon I referred to was not the arendon, or the stalker. It does not spawn in a crater, it spawns as a roamer, from what i can tell off the rockhopper spawns. He is a redcon, named that's name evades me (actually has a name _____ the ____).

I believe his issue is an aoe that hits everything around it, as I have seen him 2 times, both of which both goblins and orcs were gang r**ing him, though I do not actually know what the cause of the npc aggression is.

Where is Mielech's Lab?

Mielech's lab used to be in miela, right around the entrance area. There is a small well that drops down (neophytes and the likes spawn here). It can be identified as a wall with planks and loose boulders protruding, or that used to be the broken entrance, i have not confirmed it's still used now that it is officially released. You will know it as the only well in the area, and it falls down into a sub sewar like system. The door is above by the top of the well.

The dragon I referred to was not the arendon, or the stalker. It does not spawn in a crater, it spawns as a roamer, from what i can tell off the rockhopper spawns. He is a redcon, named that's name evades me (actually has a name _____ the ____).

Is it Inge the Voracious by chance?

Miel's Lab is the old LDoN zone in for Deepest Guk from Live. There was a few thought horror zones like Mons Letalis which was basically a mountain range, the akhevian ruins which had the brain guys and akheva from luclin and grieg's end which was full of the dudes along with the masked hobos and crazy people.

Is it Inge the Voracious by chance?

Yup, that was him. The wiki states goblins don't attack him, but I have definitely seen both wailing on him, it has been a while since I saw him though, this was around the time the first crew entered the temple.

Not really a secret zone, but I do remember from the original EQ about the secret "cat rooms" located in various zones. You tube has videos on 2 of the locations, one in befallen and one in Kaesora. there are rumored to be one in each zone, that can only be reached by the Shadowstep spell.

Back
Top Bottom