Blackscale faction fix?

Stryda

Dalayan Adventurer
If someone is aligned to Blackscale faction, then someone uses that character to kill Blackscale aligned npc's unknowingly, now the character is KOS to Blackscale...Is there a way to fix this or is that character F**k'd?

I keep promising there will be a way, I just gotta get to it. At this exact second no there isn't. Tomorrow or sometime this weekend, maybe.

I think (when Cyz gets to making it) a great way to up your faction would be killing silver crown. Fun and lore friendly. ^.^

I think (when Cyz gets to making it) a great way to up your faction would be killing silver crown. Fun and lore friendly. ^.^

I would hope there would be some other way of doing it. There should be ways of making friends with people other thank killing their enemies. It, of course, has to be balanced as it doesn't make much sense to be ally with blackscale if you are a member of the SC, but I would like to see a way for COI aligned folks to be non-kos to both, which does make sense lore wise. More of a stretch, but I think you should be able to be at least non-kos with your opposing faction as well (something like an ambassador). All with the appropriate amount of work, of course.

I would hope there would be some other way of doing it. There should be ways of making friends with people other thank killing their enemies. It, of course, has to be balanced as it doesn't make much sense to be ally with blackscale if you are a member of the SC, but I would like to see a way for COI aligned folks to be non-kos to both, which does make sense lore wise. More of a stretch, but I think you should be able to be at least non-kos with your opposing faction as well (something like an ambassador). All with the appropriate amount of work, of course.

This would be an awesome idea. one of my toons who is on council faction got his blackscale faction ruined due to some raid stupidity in OSM during a map, i'd love to have a way to get back to dubious with no other faction hits.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the impossibility of getting a grobb neck post joining silver crown, but its perfectly fine beforehand because you need blackscale faction to do it, rather than grobb faction, leading to hilarious circumstances in which I walk into grobb with good faction, and then have to slay half the zone to live.

A way of getting to at least acceptable faction might alter that somewhat.

hmm...how about having a quest guy/girl non kos and aligned to whatever faction give out a few quests (minor-moderate diff) and you have to finish the quest and it gets you back to dubious. He/she keeps giving quests to work your way back up to your original faction depending on the blackscale aug you have?

anything yet? or can we petition for a fix? i would really love to start my questing :( or should i just reroll *cries*

You can't petition to have your faction reset unless the mob you killed was not supposed to give you a Blackscale hit. GMs fix in-game bugs, not player errors.

There are loads of us rogues that became instantly KoS to Blackscale from the Hand's Hood Newport rogue guild quest, solely from the single kill. If she's meant to cause that, I hate you all for allowing this quest to screw us over. If that's not intentional, then the fact that we've been told to live with it contradicts your statement.

This is a fix that's been needed for (plural) years.

You can fix your faction with Newport, b/c that matters, but fixing your faction, which you screwed up doing a class-guild quest? no no no no no...

Long overdue. If half the effort was put into fixing the few known problems with old content as was put into making new broke content....well hell....who knows where we'd be.

That was insanely fast.

Any chance rogues who have screwed up faction already have a chance to get it back?

this kinda got off topic so just gonna repost. was to check if a redeemer quest is still going to be in the works or should i just reroll? dont wanna waste anymore time on this char if he wont be able to progress into ikisith in the future. ^^ thanks for reply

Did the faction hit just get removed from Coordinator Malik, or his base faction changed? He still scowls even though I'm only dubious to Grobb. :( Is it still intentional that being KOS to blackscale prevents one from obtaining the Grobb neck?

Back
Top Bottom