Crumbling map drop addition suggestion...

Swandillia

Dalayan Adventurer
Hi There :)

Ishlana here (65 paladin). I would like to make a small suggestion that perhaps there be added a slight chance (kind of along the lines of ED Vah Sword level of chance) to Crumbling treasure maps for Opuses to drop. As of right now, the only places that Opuses drop (to my knowledge and after much consultation with those more advanced in the game than me) are Tur Ruj and Spires, and maybe Yclist...

There are some of us on the server that would greatly benefit from this....

It would also provide a little more incentive to do the maps :)

Just an idea I've been kicking around.... Thanks for listening!

-Ishlana Constianna (65 pretty paladin, Max AA/23 tomes and counting, Officer of Dragonkin)

I kind of get that....

but there are some of us who are content to progress at a less advanced place, or are staying around mid-tier in order to progress with the guild that they've been in forever, or whatever, that are literally running out of things to do. Technically speaking, we won't actually be at the point of nothing to do for a while, but... we would like to not ever reach that point, but we know, realistically, that the likelihood of us ever seeing an opus (aka something more to do) is slim to none with the Opus droppings in the places they currently are in...

And i'm not trying to start a fight at all, but there is a whole other phase to this game between FWF/CW/SB and Dalayan Beginners....

you are at 23 tomes with zero emberflow tomes. you can do about 40 more droppable tomes and then 9 more emberflow tomes.

did you miss the part where i said:

Technically speaking, we won't actually be at the point of nothing to do for a while, but... we would like to not ever reach that point, but .

And, A) i wasn't referring to me specifically... in theory, i've got questing to do to keep me happy, and farming for charms, and whatever... and if i run out of tomes to do, and don't have the ability to get to the emberflow ones, i can bank AAs forever because MAYBE one day they will add in that last tab of AAs or whatever, or they'll decide to convert banked AA's to tome experience, or whatever....
B) i will repeat that there is a whole other phase of folks in SoD that are not FWF/CW/SB level, but are past DB level.....

you are at 23 tomes with zero emberflow tomes. you can do about 40 more droppable tomes and then 9 more emberflow tomes.

Well it would be silly to do all 9 emberflow tomes but yes.

Ishlana still needs:

Tome of Vitality II
Tome of the Swift I
Tome of the Swift II
Tome of Critical Evocation I
Tome of Critical Evocation II
Tome of Magical Resistance III
Tome of Bodily Resistance I
Tome of Bodily Resistance II
Tome of Bodily Resistance III
Tome of Magic Mastery I (Go Go Pally Stun/DPS)
Tome of Magic Mastery II

You will need better gear however:

Tome of the Mind I
Tome of the Mind II
Tome of Racing Thoughts I
Tome of Racing Thoughts II

are super helpful for a Paladin

Not to mention every stat tome (for when you get better gear)

Tome of Enhanced Strength I
Tome of Enhanced Strength II
Tome of Enhanced Stamina I
Tome of Enhanced Stamina II
Tome of Enhanced Agility I
Tome of Enhanced Agility II
Tome of Enhanced Dexterity I
Tome of Enhanced Dexterity II
Tome of Enhanced Charisma I
Tome of Enhanced Charisma II

25 tomes so far.

You also still lack:

Understanding and Working With Runes
Dodging the Tears of Tarhyl
Manual of Triggered Casting
Tales of Rapid Recovery (not very amazing for a pally, guess you could skip it)
Compendium of Aggressive Stances
Advanced Foe Management (not very amazing for a pally, guess you could skip it)
Treatise on Armor Optimization
Secrets of the Wee Folk

That is at least 6 more tomes to do.

You have a good 30+ more tomes to do before you can say "we are literally running out of things to do"

Also an important note, you still have a Juggernaut's Charm of Invincibility. Farming for a better charm is something very important to do on a tank.

Seems to me you have a ton of stuff to do before you worry about Opus.

kedrin, would you suggest those in roughly that order? and again, i was not referring to me specifically.... i am WELL aware of what i still need to do...

i think my main point was missed, somehow :(

kedrin, would you suggest those in roughly that order? and again, i was not referring to me specifically.... i am WELL aware of what i still need to do...

i think my main point was missed, somehow :(

I would put the ones you can benifit from right now in this order

Tome of Vitality II
Tome of the Swift I
Tome of the Swift II
Tome of Critical Evocation I
Tome of Critical Evocation II
Tome of Magic Mastery I (Go Go Pally Stun/DPS)
Tome of Magic Mastery II
Tome of Magical Resistance III
Tome of Bodily Resistance I
Tome of Bodily Resistance II
Tome of Bodily Resistance III

Tome of the Mind I
Tome of the Mind II
Tome of Racing Thoughts I
Tome of Racing Thoughts II

These 4 would be able to jump above in priority quite easy if you got the gear to benefit from them.

Emberflow tomes for a Pally go something like:
Dodging the Tears of Tarhyl
Compendium of Aggressive Stances
Secrets of the Wee Folk
Treatise on Armor Optimization
Manual of Triggered Casting
Understanding and Working With Runes
Tales of Rapid Recovery (not very amazing for a pally, guess you could skip it)
Advanced Foe Management (not very amazing for a pally, guess you could skip it)

but mainly they are so fast you just do them right away when you loot one.

i get your point. i just don't see your argument as being very strong. it's basically "give me opuses because we want them without having to progress like everyone else." crumbling maps are lower tier than yclist, which doesn't drop opuses. everyone else progressed just fine without opuses. i was at 50+ tomes before i got an opus. devs have already shown an aversion to opuses, hell, higher tier things than turruj don't even drop opuses.

I take the point that Cian and Kedrin are making but I do wish there was a prohibitively expensive or ridiculously time consuming way of obtaining Class Tome 3/4s and Opuses just so that there was a reason to keep playing for those who are stuck for new tomes through no great fault of their own.

There is no Euro time raiding guild at the moment and there are others who have very limited options for high tier raiding.

Is anyone even attempting Thaz at the moment?

i can only speak for fwf, and we have little interest in thaz, it was extremely unfun (lame trash, annoying traps, boring beta test bosses) and we have other progression targets that interest us a lot more.

i agree there should be more sources of opuses. i think blazewind, taeshlin, the trash before and after taeshlin, and overgrowth bosses should drop them, at the very least. i also like the idea of collecting some sort of token and turning them in for an opus of your choice. perhaps a boss can drop a token for a quest to pick an opus that a character can only do once.

Last edited:
thank you Goldfolk.... that's more what i was getting at, just was having trouble phrasing it the way i wanted it to be conveyed :) but that's more what i was getting at....

it just so happens that crumbling maps were where i thought they could be put :) the other options mentioned are very noteworthy and good suggestions as well :)

i can only speak for fwf, and we have little interest in thaz, it was extremely unfun (lame trash, annoying traps, boring beta test bosses) and we have other progression targets that interest us a lot more.

I do not think anything bugged out on you at all, so I am not sure where the "beta test bosses" come from. Total I think you killed one miniboss in the entire zone which has 10 encounters total (without upper being done)? You are welcome to hate on the zone, but at least declare how miniscule the part you attempted was.

Thaz is not really a place you can throw good gear against. It has gear checks but it also has some very non-normal fights as far as mezzing, offtanking, rooting/snaring and the like. The on tier people have enjoyed it on the whole so far. I would doubt FWF or even a guild where SB/CW is/was would find much there to keep them feeling "rewarded" at least until upper is released, which will be a higher tier. People around Companions, Prophecy et al tier have had pretty good jaunts into it. T10 is right where things start to get complicated, and we thought a way for ballsy think-outside-the-box guilds to get a bit of a boost in progression would be good.

As for your question, it does drop Opuses. It is the way we are hoping to allow lower end guilds access to Opuses when they have the chops for hard content earlier on. Putting them on something as low tier as crumbling maps really is not on the agenda, though. We are unsure if future content is going to continue putting them around t10 after thaz, though.

i get your point. i just don't see your argument as being very strong. it's basically "give me opuses because we want them without having to progress like everyone else."

that's not what i was saying AT ALL.... i have no issue with progressing, i'd like to do it, me and my guild just do it at a much slower pace than most (it's part of what gives my guild some of its charm) and we all progress TOGETHER.... we act like a family in that respect....

when you are progressing AS A FAMILY, there are times when the higher folks sit back and just help the others catch up, so that we can all keep progressing TOGETHER.... while those of us who are higher are helping those of us who are lower, all we're doing with our EXP is completing tomes and banking AAs.... so EVENTUALLY, when progression flows at this rate, we will get to the point that we have no tomes left to do.... now, when that happens, we are more than capable of banking AAs until the world ends, but it would be NICE to have some more tomes to do....

all that being said, i don't think that you got my point at all.... because i wasn't asking to make it easier, i was asking to make it POSSIBLE....

it would be very interesting to do some sort of token based Opus or Class Tome 3/4 redeem thing in the refuge or whatever.... i was not implying AT ALL, EVER, that those of us who will find ourselves in this particular predicament should just be handed things.... i don't think that should EVER be the case.... hell i have never even bought armor (save the charm) for Ishy... i PREFER to earn my stuff....

so... there ya go :)

-Ishlana Constianna (65 pretty paladin, Max AA/23 tomes and counting, Officer of Dragonkin)

that's true woldaff, i haven't seen all of it. i am looking forward to upper thaz as well

That post came off a bit more strident then I wanted.

I am actually really excited for FWF to see the last boss that is in right now, if they decide to key up when upper comes out. I think that even if you hate the rest of the zone, you will dig him. It does some pretty unprecedented, odd stuff.

Yeah, pretty much all of us even marginally involved with Thazeran's Tower agree that it'll be a beloved zone once it begins getting learned. It's involved and interesting, and it drops good stuff (opuses and insert-glaring-gear-gap-here items). The next thing after the lower wings is also pretty one-of-a-kind in SoD at the moment.

oh and thank you Woldo for chiming in on this :) <3

No problem. I appreciate that it is annoying when single progression like tomes is tied to certain tiers, but that is partially by design. Originally, Tur Ruj was going to drop nothing but tomes. Even though that idea was later unimplemented, it still is a very large part of the reward for both of the zones that now have them in it. Adding them to easier content means that those with high end gear would have a lot of their reward shifted away from the high content, and would instead farm the hell out of the maps or w/e we put them on.

The alternative would be to make all the tomes drop anywhere (or many places), to prevent back tomeing.

Back
Top Bottom