Opus Drop Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridger

Dalayan Beginner
There is an increasing number of players who are in danger of becoming disillusioned with the game because they are unable to obtain sufficient opuses to absorb the xp that they earn.

Assuming it is NOT the aim to disincentivize people from playing, I offer the following suggestions:-

a) Increase the rate of opus drops
b) Provide some method of "banking" xp that can be withdrawn later and credited to an opus once one is obtained

Opuses in Spires are meant to be rare.

You'll get them in Tur`ruj also, and you'll get Class Tome 3/4s there also.

Once <Chaotic Winds> gets some Tur`ruj kill times in, you'll be okay.

Side note: there's no reason to suspect the raid zones after Tur`ruj won't also drop those Opus 1/2s you're wanting.

----

Side side note: <Chaotic Winds> and <Exodus> seem more than prepared for the content that for them is "progression content". Chaotic Winds should be able to wreck Tur`ruj basement and Middle Sanctum, and Exodus should be getting in the old FWF stomping grounds of Sharn`ree, Rujik, Blazewind, and Inner Sanctum (using the free clear to the Final Ward from CW).

With all of that being said I am in support of opus 1/2 being available for obscene amounts of token for those stupid rare ones that are really hard to get or for people low on priority lists fr ones they want but have pp to spend. Make it something gross like 75/125 tokens for an opus 1/2

With all of that being said I am in support of opus 1/2 being available for obscene amounts of token for those stupid rare ones that are really hard to get or for people low on priority lists fr ones they want but have pp to spend. Make it something gross like 75/125 tokens for an opus 1/2

daaaaaaamn 105k for an opus....

Should be some daily quests that give you tokens so you can eventually buy your opus' without having to farm 105k....

Another high end plat sink would be a good idea honestly atm its pretty much, save for supreme then buy rohk book pages, Opus buying like this could be good in more than one way, it would bring people back to cit/bq more then they are currently being used, make a stronger market for tomes, move plat around, and people get books to dump xp into, win win win. 105k seems a bit steep but i leave the numbers up to someone more qualified.

While I am nowhere near needing to worry about opuses it does seem dumb that people could run out of tomes do to. There should always be something for people to work on. An alternate way of getting them wouldn't be too game breaking as long as it is really involved and terrible.

That would be great if opus were available for crazy amounts of tokens. There are a few toons in Prestige that are just grinding aa's now since we are out of tomes. To be honest, it'll be a while before we get to Spires and Tur to get opus drops. Having something to work on xp wise would really be nice.

Also while on the topic of tomes, having the SK class tome Servant Training available from Refuge would be nice. Currently you can only buy Focused Hate there now.

Cambrai

Last edited:
daaaaaaamn 105k for an opus....

Should be some daily quests that give you tokens so you can eventually buy your opus' without having to farm 105k....

Most people that are ready to do Opus have little issue with farming that kind of cash though, and have already farmed a 1.2mil charm and such. Those people have little to do with cash besides super-twink an alt, so why not let them farm up cash/tomes for tokens?

can we camp out in random places in Tur`ruj (ie middle of Gruniet lets say)
and cycle a solo Elementalist pull every 2hours or w/e the script auto reset is?
or is it only legit to kill from the front of each tribe.

There is an increasing number of players who are in danger of becoming disillusioned with the game because they are unable to obtain sufficient opuses to absorb the xp that they earn.

Assuming it is NOT the aim to disincentivize people from playing, I offer the following suggestions:-

a) Increase the rate of opus drops
b) Provide some method of "banking" xp that can be withdrawn later and credited to an opus once one is obtained

c)forbid afk xp

can we camp out in random places in Tur`ruj (ie middle of Gruniet lets say)
and cycle a solo Elementalist pull every 2hours or w/e the script auto reset is?
or is it only legit to kill from the front of each tribe.

I'd say it is about as legit as having a rogue kill an Ok'tar Miner to spawn the tribe boss and then using escape to drop all aggro, eliminating the need to tank him while clearing the trash. Not that anyone has done that though, because they would almost certainly get in trouble with the staff, right?

oktar doesnt depop when u kill trash
idk thought i seen a post where content wasnt made to have ppl 'camp' at it
but then it seems the same as just camping in yclist at slime pool for days and days

shrug on last exodus clear on turraj we did Tarloc,Gan, Ghan, Kaltan and Gru`niet
and think we got 1 str2 opus?

so.. does it mater if we log in to manaburn the Ju`bor Squishie at the very first pull of Ju`bor or
camp out after raid is done and wait for repops at another Squishie.

I know joking about poopsocking is fun and all, but do some of you really enjoy shitting into socks? I am ever amazed by some people posting ideas that only make the game more tedious and less enjoyable. I for one like the ability to grab a drink from the local gas station, or go to a drive-thru to get a quick bite to eat during a long grinding section with friends. I also encourage people to get random quick things done around they house as you exp. Players shouldn't have to get penalize for going afk to move their clothes from the wash to the dryer, or to let their dog out to go to the restroom.

Can getting exp when afk be over used at times? Yeah I guess it can be, however I think the good far outweigh the bad when it comes to this topic.

The comments from Cyzaine and Marza that I've heard both seem to indicate that if a way to cheese the trash and attempt to farm tomes by resetting the tribe other than for legitimate "we're going to run out of time before the tribe respawns" situations would be dealt with as an exploit.

I know joking about poopsocking is fun and all, but do some of you really enjoy shitting into socks? I am ever amazed by some people posting ideas that only make the game more tedious and less enjoyable. I for one like the ability to grab a drink from the local gas station, or go to a drive-thru to get a quick bite to eat during a long grinding section with friends. I also encourage people to get random quick things done around they house as you exp. Players shouldn't have to get penalize for going afk to move their clothes from the wash to the dryer, or to let their dog out to go to the restroom.

Can getting exp when afk be over used at times? Yeah I guess it can be, however I think the good far outweigh the bad when it comes to this topic.

More along the lines of "I think this is what the cool dudes want to hear, so ill post that" instead of posting something realistic and good.

opus drop rate is gay
same with class tomes

thank you

*PLAYER HAT ON*

Class tomes droprate is fine, 1 guaranteed per tribe equates 6 in a basement clear. Bad luck on them is a different story...

Opus droprate is entirely random, and you can go an entire basement clear without seeing as much as one of these things. This is terrible.

*PLAYER HAT ON*

Class tomes droprate is fine, 1 guaranteed per tribe equates 6 in a basement clear. Bad luck on them is a different story...

The good news with bad class tomes, is that you can turn in 2 of any class tomes for a class tome of your choice once you kill Rujik (subsequent turnins take 4,6,8 etc). However, this does require that someone kills Rujik which I don't think would happen unless Exodus manages to absorb half a dozen more former FWF.

Opus droprate is entirely random, and you can go an entire basement clear without seeing as much as one of these things. This is terrible.

You have 20 Opus/Opii/Oh-pie done, and there are quite a few Exodus members that are not that far behind you. Seems to me the system works pretty well.

Edit: I don't think making tomes More accessible is really what this game needs. If anything the progression via Exp should be reduced because at the moment it is just ridiculous how many tomes people have and where this game is heading.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom