Request for a change to the rules.

TapeinV

Dalayan Elder
There are more than a dozen characters on this server now who can solo Vah Quest related raid mobs. Yet those without any respect for others use the exact lettering of the law in order to attempt to steal Vah Quest mobs for themselves.

I am requesting that the written law concerning AT THE LEAST quest related raid mobs be changed, as many can be duo'ed. Just this morning a good friend was duo'ing Sister, which can be solo'ed by a high quality SK. Then a group of folks zone in and immediately put in a claim. Unsurprisingly due to GM's being forced to follow every letter of the law, these people who attempted to exploit the rules in their favor were given a chance at this mob via /random. This HAS to stop.

Last edited:
Let me be clear: I am not blaming GM's for what happened or what has happened in the past. They are given a list of rules to enforce, and unfortunately the precedent has been set that individual GM's cannot handle situations based on the context, and instead must enforce the rules exactly as they are written.

I'd love to see that changed as well, but it creates room for cries of conspiracy and other complete and utter horse crap. So let's start here, at the very least can we please see the lettering of the rule for at least quest-related raid mobs be changed?

Last edited:
You know what would have fixed this shit. Having quest versions of shitty vah mobs.

That is something that puzzles me. There ARE quest versions for some vah mobs, yet none for others, thus bottle necks are created.

I am all for bottle necks and friendly competition. But when your goal day in day out is to look to exploit the spirit of the rules, that is where I draw the line.

You've always been able to duo sister with thaz gear. But the rules used to say adequate force. Now they don't and this was a problem a few others and myself foresaw occurring.

It sucks that some people choose to be assholes instead of just moving on when they have clearly lost the competition.

I agree completely that vah mob bottlenecks should be reconsidered to have quest alternates put in place.

I disagree with the changing of a 6 man standard.

-Pazms

ps - inflammatory responses go

I agree completely that vah mob bottlenecks should be reconsidered to have quest alternates put in place.

I disagree with the changing of a 6 man standard.

-Pazms

ps - inflammatory responses go

Why exactly do you disagree with the changing of a 6 man standard? I am in no way going to flame you, so please do not try to bait in order to detract from the point of this thread.

Why should people who are doing important quests, such as the Vah, be required to bring six characters, wasting the time of 2-5 of their friends, when they can just duo it or solo it? That doesn't make any logical sense to me. I'd like to hear why you think it works out logically, please.

Also, please keep all insults out of this thread. Make a new thread in Chillville if your only intention is to stir the pot. I posted this thread looking for real change.

Thanks.

This really isn't an issue outside of a few really bad people who see someone is in a zone and instead of thinking to themselves "next time" they think "Hmm, I think I'll go try to get this mob that someone else is killing" but agreed, original poster of this thread.

It's a raid boss. And while its not much of one any more, that state should allow it to be reserved for groups of players. Not for those "playing together, alone". Your friend knew the rules and put himself at hazard at this outcome.

It is also easy to get a group or raid together for a vah kill. I did it for all of mine. The only one I had to postpone was one where a pally and his healer box were trying and failing to duo a named.

Last, vah back is far too good to be made any easier. Its already easy enough if friends are willing to help.

It's a raid boss. And while its not much of one any more, that state should allow it to be reserved for groups of players. Not for those "playing together, alone". Your friend knew the rules and put himself at hazard at this outcome.

Yeah, that.

It's a raid boss. And while its not much of one any more, that state should allow it to be reserved for groups of players. Not for those "playing together, alone"

SoD's progressive tax system. It ain't easy bein' tier 13.

If someone is clearing to or fighting a mob and you zone in and your first act is to petition them / dispute the claim you are a bad person. This isn't a rules issue, you are just a bad person.

Back
Top Bottom