Bane Damage and Beg Skill

Titanas

Dalayan Elder
Just an idea I had to utilize the beg skill and bane damage.

B.E.G (Battle experience gain)
Making use of the beg skill to study a target that you are fighting (usable on NPC, in Melee)
To find weaknesses Giving you a chance to "Beg" a Bane damage aug from a mob based on the mobs body type.

The idea behind this is to give players a bonus to their melee damage based on the mobs they are currently fighting. While raiding in Dungeon A with undead the melee player will Beg from the undead mobs for a chance to obtain a Bane Damage Aug or Buff to bane damage

Based on the level of Beg the player has will give then access to different tiers of Augs or Buffs to bane damage.
1-40 +1
41-80 +2
81-120 +3
121-160+4
Ect all the way up to 330 +8

On a successful B.E.G the player will get an aug that they would be able to place in a weapon or charm or type of armor. The aug chances will be broken into Common Uncommon and Rare. The skill levels Listed for B.E.G are the chance to get that + Aug So it would take a while of Begging to receive the +8 Aug that is desired. While only being in the zone for a short bit will still yield a +6 bane aug.

+1 through +8 Augs will be No Rent No drop and Lore. Keeping the players bags from getting full. They would just see a message that this item is lore and would go back to B.E.G ing for the Better/rare Aug. (The No rent Portion is debatable)

mechanics
Beg skill would work as normal and give the player Item ID based on the type of NPC is being begged from If the NPC is undead it would refer to the Undead List of ID Augs. and chose from a group depending on what the players B.E.G Skill is. An aug kit would be used to place the Aug into a Wrist or Glove or Weapon or Charm slot.

Just an Idea to add some flare to Melee DPS make use of the Beg skill and the new bane damage system overhaul.

Instead of an aug a short duration buff in the song window maybe 3-6 ticks that adds additional bane damage.

This would mage a skill available to everyone usefull to just melees, with casters/healers getting the short end.

Casters and healers can melee too. The buff could also apply to spells by giving a short duration increase in damage.

Just an idea I had after reading a thread about melee damage falling behind. This would give them an extra bump as well as a small addition to class/role complexity, That casters have always had.

If I remember correctly Bane DMG works just like Elemental DMG for like-type Bane spells ie: Undead Nuke applies Undead Bane etc

This was sorta what came to mind when a short duration buff was mentioned, and more then likely not something that could be implemented, but seemed like a good idea.

If the skill was turned into a way to essentially learn the weakness of a particular body type, just blatant raising the one skill seemed too powerful. I mean, if you spent all your time killing undead to raise your skill, and now suddenly you know the weaknesses of dragons, how does that make sense?

But if it were possible to essentially have a skill for each bane type, this would seem like a much more balanced idea.

aka:
Bane Skill vs Undead
Bane Skill vs Humaniod
Bane Skill vs Construct.....etc

the skill it self is the ability to study monsters in combat. you would "BEG" from mobs you are fighting for a chance to get a Bane aug. thats like saying "OH! I found a weakness" and from that point on you will get the bonus damage untill you fight something else.

I wouldn't do it as an aug. I'm not 100% exactly what the wants and don't-wants are from staff on the Begging skill but something that would allow you to do a skill check vs a green con to get bonuses on raids would probably be closer to the "nope" side of life (just a guess!)

My random bad idea for the year:
Soul-seal
You approach the mob (within melee range, since as I recall that's a requirement) and attempt to seal its soul. If your check is successful the mob's soul is sealed to you for the next 3 tics(?). If a mob dies with its soul sealed to yours, you (and possibly your pet if that's a do-able thing?) are healed/receive mana for a % of your maximum health/mana dependant on your skill in Begging....er...Soul Sealing. Only one PC may seal an individual mob's soul at a time. A soul must be unsealed for a sealing attempt to be successful (no over-writes.)

Maximum benefit...yeah idk, at first I wanna say maybe 5% at max skill with an additional 0.2% per point over-cap (so 10% if you stack a +25 mod).

This would help players of all levels to some degree in any application without trivializing anything I can think of.

It would be most useful in xp groups/farming, and possibly raid encounters with multiple adds (ok might see some "abuse" in like...Eternal Well or something.)

Not 100% sure how numbers would balance out, these are just random digits that were taking up room in my ass.

Some balancing factors vs. free healing/mana:
You would only receive the benefit for killing the thing, with a small window on when it had to be killed.

Only one toon could benefit from each mob's death, requiring some prioritizing in situations with low mob counts (do we let the tank beg this one or do we let the mage? GODDAMNIT DIMMI YOU STOLE THAT ONE TO TOP OFF?!?!?! I WAS AT 30 MANA YOU DICK!)

A consequence for failure could be put in place...although I'm not sure that would really be necessary. If it was...idk heal the mob for 1/2% of it's HP? *an everchill orc siphons off a portion of your soul when you fail to seal him*

IDK, it's a bad idea, but it seems a little more fun/interactive than just a debuff or a buff, and has some hillarious troll potential without major consequence. Just my 2cp.

I also like the idea of something like this being considered a non-hostile action (and not breaking invis/hide)...just because the idea of oh....just throwing this out there...a rogue running around in Crystal Caverns getting low on hp and sneak/hiding to a mob, sealing its soul, and assassinating it for a quick minor heal makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Or for that matter a cleric in king's pass or a wizard at EW orcs getting low on mana and invising/IVUing and getting a quick tiny shot in the mana pool for that next kill or w/e.

Last edited:
Mobs depending on location and level would only have a chance to drop a particular type of Bane aug.
Gnoll's in Blackburrow would have a chance to cough up a +1 or +2 Aug when they are BEG'ed from.
On the other hand Undead in Caverns of Darkness would have a chance to BEG out +1 through +7or8

Back
Top Bottom