Bodytypes questions

Dzillon

Dalayan Master
Hi there

Shadows in Highkeep (like Chamberlain) are not undead anymore. I question this, although I suppose (no bard at hand) that they're Corrupt, like the corrupted essences in Badlands. The zone is fully undead except Earth Terror and maybe the goozes.

a twisted undead rat in Yclist. I suppose they should have two bodytypes, but at least be undead. What are they and what's the logic behind the choice ?

Thank you

OK so all shadows are corrupted. This makes me realize Chaotic or Corrupted sounds like a state of mind, not a body type. Is it specific to SoD lore ?
Wouldn't there be a Lawful bodytype then ?

OK so all shadows are corrupted. This makes me realize Chaotic or Corrupted sounds like a state of mind, not a body type. Is it specific to SoD lore ?
Wouldn't there be a Lawful bodytype then ?
It's specific to SoD lore, and is not related to the alignment. Think of some of these examples: (1) the corrupted mobs in Badlands, which happen when the normal mobs gets corrupted by whatever those things of corruption are that spawn at night, (2) the Akhevans that you really only see in The Dream and the Mansion of Portals, (3) the citizens of Rivervale (I think).

So Corrupted should be pretty clear. Chaotic is crazy, insane things.

Chaotic is crazy, insane things.

artworks-000041733550-18tx7t-crop.jpg

The definition of Chaotic for the purposes of bodytype is essentially "things which shouldn't be", like the looking tentacle faced guys (Yaralith), tentacle terrors, and extraplanar-like stuff such as the alien looking mobs in Spires and elsewhere.

OK this is a first key to get the logic.

Now talking about Rivervale, they are listed as any regular halfling would be flagged. There seems to be a problem with them as they're either Undead as they've always been, or Corrupted (twisted by the kaezulian weapons, a thing that should not be, or not be anymore at least).

And while talking about twisted what about twisted undead rats in Ikisith ?

Last edited:
Also what's a Lodrish ? haven't found anything on the forum nor Google mentioning that word.

No, Liodreths are humanoid monsters iirc according to main page.

Personally I would have seen Liodreths as sylvan animals, once you know Iksars are Amphibians.

EDIT ok Lodrish is like Veteran named , the tiny people ?

No, Liodreths are humanoid monsters iirc according to main page.

Personally I would have seen Liodreths as sylvan animals, once you know Iksars are Amphibians.

EDIT ok Lodrish is like Veteran named , the tiny people ?

Ya Liodreth's are different than Lodrish. Lodrish are like Veteran Klindra in PoEarth, and the new lower thaz earth wing trash.

Ah right Brownie. Although feels awkward as it makes me hungry.

So there's definitely something wrong about Rivervale , and potentially (well, blatantly fits better) for Yclist.

About Paw cats I question the monster humanoid section , in regards of my comments about Iksars.

OK on the subject of body types, all the mobs around sorrow are now undead.

Is this intended because it makes the fight a lot easier rather than them being 50/50.

Please send me fame if this is a bug lol

I really wish the bodytypes hadn't been changed until the bane damage item changes were also put in. If only we had a test server? Melee is left with a pretty hefty nerf in most situations as the bodytypes have been well scattered to make any one bane type pretty useless on current gear.

After receiving some data here's what I found odd :

Essence of the Mother is Sylvan - sounds like an elemental, either type, rather than Sylvan.

Yshtar Ghoul is Chaotic - now this seems to be a trend, it seems only two npc models are now undead - skeletons and goblin-looking undead. When there is ghoul in the name, it clearly means it's undead at least in popular belief. Is there a logical thing behind this or is also a typo ?

Elhausaur as a Sylvan - shouldn't this be a Reptile ?

Animation of Sil`rel`as Chaotic - now this looks to me as something clearly held up by magic, as Magical.

This may be a symptom of the bane damage changes not being fully implemented yet, but Ortananoch seems to display bane 'Dragon' while in game, but when looking at fomelo it displays 'Dragonkin'

This may be a symptom of the bane damage changes not being fully implemented yet, but Ortananoch seems to display bane 'Dragon' while in game, but when looking at fomelo it displays 'Dragonkin'

It's been that way for years. I took some liberties when I went and made sure all the old bane types showed up on fomelo. Wyverns and drakes and wyrms seem more "dragonkin" than "dragon" to me!

We ctually changed in game to be Dragonkin too!

Items etc are going in tonight, as well as some fine tuning to mob bodytypes. After that we will make a thread for people to post bodytype oddities.

Back
Top Bottom