Suggestion: Add bodytype (bane dmg) to wiki

I haven't been particularly active, but please give me more information on your request. The current inputs are banedmgmod and banedmgnum. Previously, banedmgmod would be used to define the type of bane damage being done, and banedmgnum would be used to quantify the amount of damage. Example: http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Arachnid-Bane_Arrows

If this is no longer adequate, please explain what you would like to see changed.

Edit: This template is used on thousands of pages, is highly complex and is therefore not open to public editing. A single mistake can cause widespread page errors throughout the wiki.

Last edited:
I haven't been particularly active, but please give me more information on your request. The current inputs are banedmgmod and banedmgnum. Previously, banedmgmod would be used to define the type of bane damage being done, and banedmgnum would be used to quantify the amount of damage. Example: http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Arachnid-Bane_Arrows

If this is no longer adequate, please explain what you would like to see changed.

I was asking for the bane damage type to be listed in the template page for NPCs, not the template page for items.. In your example of archnid bane arrows, this would add an entry to the Infobox_NPC template so when you lookup a various spider mob on the wiki, it will (potentially) list the correlating bane dmg.

Edit: This template is used on thousands of pages, is highly complex and is therefore not open to public editing. A single mistake can cause widespread page errors throughout the wiki.

I understand, that makes perfect sense. My comment was in response to Nwaij's comment that I should add it myself ;)

Sorry about that confusion. NPCs already have this functionality, and in fact should have handling for all Jayla's Insight information (other than hints.) You will need to define 'Body' in this case. Thade and I added this information for most enemies in the Remnants of Old Ikilid and the Adepts as well. Example: http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/A_feral_mistmane

{{infobox NPC
|Zone
|Location
|Loc Details
|Zone2
|Location2
|Loc Details2
|Level
|Class
|Faction
|Faction2
|Faction3
|Faction4
|Raid Tier
|PH
|Respawn
| Body <------- This is the one you want ------>
| Int
| Health
| Mana
| Strength
| Defense
| Magic
| Fire
| Cold
| Poison
| Disease
| OMagic
| HMagic
| BMagic
| IMagic
| Stationary
}}

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have jayla'd tons of mobs and named (and was the one that updated all those adepts with the info they have) along the way. I just have slacked on going through my log file to add all the info to the wiki. One of these days I will pick up on that again, I guess. Any particular creatures/zones you are looking for Pecannius?

Sorry about that confusion. NPCs already have this functionality, and in fact should have handling for all Jayla's Insight information (other than hints.) You will need to define 'Body' in this case. Thade and I added this information for most enemies in the Remnants of Old Ikilid and the Adepts as well. Example: http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/A_feral_mistmane
Hope this helps.

Oh cool, that's most of what I was asking for. The only change of the template that's left would be to actually link to the appropriate bane type on the wiki instead of static text.
So in the example you linked of a feral mistmane, change the static text "Animal" to a link to the actual bane mod. http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Category:Animal_bane_damage_modifier

Last edited:
The infoboxes with this information will provide links to the bane damage of that type for now. Perhaps at some point, pages should be made for each body type, listing not only the bane-damage sources but also all NPCs of that body type, but for now it is as requested.

I have jayla'd tons of mobs and named (and was the one that updated all those adepts with the info they have) along the way. I just have slacked on going through my log file to add all the info to the wiki. One of these days I will pick up on that again, I guess. Any particular creatures/zones you are looking for Pecannius?

Oh that's right, I apologize, didn't mean to take credit for your work. It's been so long, and I remember working on them, but I forgot that you had done most of the info-gathering for adepts stats. M'bad!

Would be nice if there was a page explaining what mobs are affected by the particular bane type. I'd try and find the patch note that mentions them but it's a pita to rifle through them.

one thing that may save you some trouble is the knowledge that bodytype is based on the npc model id ("race") in 99% of situations

well, we get to know the mob's resists also. But yeah, also RIP that ranger spell/AA (I forget which) that tells body type too then.
Although you can tell the majority by race, I wouldn't say its 99%. Maybe 90% or so? Some races have two obvious bodytypes which made us go through them by hand and set according to lore and context. This was especially true with magical/corrupted/undead.

Predictable bodytypes certainly lowers JI utility, but half the old utility was rooting out mobs where a Dev forgot to put in the correct bodytype.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom