100k charm

I think 130 mana would be better .. that way its halfway between the 36k and the 200k. 80>130>180.

Nice idea adnon, I was kinda thinking the same thing I just cant add :keke: Also maybe lowering the hps on the barrier might be a good idea also.

My only wonder there would be barrier is out of line on that concern it would have to be lowered to 150 to fall more in line with that sequence.

go go live editing post making people say the same things

Its kind of weird that the 200k nuker charm is 225 mana and the healer one is only 190 mana. I'm not sure on the reasoning behind this, although I am guessing some must exist. If the two 200k charms were the same amount mana then something like 165-175ish mana might not seem out of line for a 100k.

The charm of the barrier at 175 seems okay, because the next upgrade is obviously the Juggo at 225 hp and a ton more AC.

Instead of down sizing the stats, maybe they should just be upped ._. Seriously, "it's too powerful" stuff aside, the 100k 200k 500k 1,000k charms are 100k 200k 500k 1,000k charms and should be packing more heat on stats ._. nevermind that if you saved up 100k 200k 500k 1,000k you don't really have anything to throw it away on but those charms and they could have +5 stats and 50 hp and people would still buy them but still ._. takes months and months to farm up the money for these things and hearing, "yeah let's down the hp on barrier charm" just breaks my heart. The 100k charms have always been lackluster imo. +15 stats up grade on them + the bump to 175 mana on the energy would make them more worth that 100k. If I had my way which I won't, they'd be +15 stats 200 hp mana with the higher cost charms having their hp/mana boosted but other stats stay as is. The only downfall in the world is if someone actually felt like twinking an alt with these charms. If you can manage to farm up the money for them they probably aren't going to turn your lv65 character into superman/woman :psyduck: chances are you already are one with tier 7 raid gear.

AdNNon said:
I think 130 mana would be better .. that way its halfway between the 36k and the 200k. 80>130>180.

This would make sense if 110 was halfway between 36 and 220.

I agree that the FT on 36k charms should be changed to 2, though.

Ok before anyone else posts i wanted to show the stats i was thinking.

Seferon had this idea, and it is overpowered.

Charm of Heroic Energy
12ac 12 dex 12 cha 12 wis 12 agi 75hp 175 mana
12 to all resists
ft 3
Lesser runes of healing (shield of freeport effect)

Charm of Diabolic Energy
12ac 12 dex 12 cha 12 int 12 agi 75hp 175 mana
12 to all resists
ft 3
Lesser runes of searing 3% to crit rate(searfire crit rate)

This I think looks more in line.

Charm of Heroic Energy
12ac 15 sta 15 wis 10 cha 75hp 130 mana
12 to all resists
ft 3
Lesser runes of healing (shield of freeport effect)

Charm of Diabolic Energy
12ac 15 agi 15 int 10 cha 75hp 130 mana
12 to all resists
ft 3
Lesser runes of searing 3% to crit rate(searfire crit rate)

This is alot more balanced. Also 36k charms should be bumped down to ft2.

...my god.. you people are asking for a FT nerf!!1

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!!!!!!!

Not sure i argee with nerfing the FT but argee with your stat changes. Definitly helps balance more things out.

Since you're talking about splitting the 100k charm of energy up, what about splitting the charm of the barrier up as well into:

Charm of the Defender
Magic Item Lore Item No Drop
Slot: Charm
AC: 25
Skill Modifier: Dodge +5
Effect: Aura of the Barrier
STA +17 AGI +17 CHA +10 HP +170 MANA +50
MR +10 FR +10 CR +10 PR +10 DR +10
Damage Reduction +2 Aggression +1
Class: WAR PAL SHD
Race: ALL

Charm of the Onslaught
AC: 20
Instrument Modifier: All (1.6)
STR +15 AGI +15 DEX +15 CHA +10 HP +160 MANA +80
MR +12 FR +12 CR +12 PR +12 DR +12
Critical Strike +2% Stun Resist +3%
Class: MNK BST ROG RNG BRD

Mythryn said:
Since you're talking about splitting the 100k charm of energy up, what about splitting the charm of the barrier up as well into:

Charm of the Defender
AC: 25
Skill Modifier: Dodge +5
STA +17 AGI +17 CHA +10 HP +170 MANA +50
MR +10 FR +10 CR +10 PR +10 DR +10
Damage Reduction +2 Aggression +1
Class: WAR PAL SHD

Charm of the Onslaught
AC: 20
Instrument Modifier: All (1.6)
STR +15 AGI +15 DEX +15 CHA +10 HP +160 MANA +80
MR +12 FR +12 CR +12 PR +12 DR +12
Critical Strike +2% Stun Resist +3%
Class: MNK BST ROG RNG BRD

That could be a good idea also, but the stats on you gave these are way over powered.

How? Barrier now is hardly used at all because its not a good investment (not good enough for the money you put in) same with energy. The ideas I threw together have less total stats, less HP, a few advanced effects that are lacking at charms of these levels, a pitiful amount more ac (20 ac on barrier is stupid), and a Dodge or Instrument Modifier. Bards currently don't have an instrument modifier from charms, but rangers get an archery modifier? Is that fair? Or rogue backstab?

Mythryn said:
How? Barrier now is hardly used at all because its not a good investment (not good enough for the money you put in) same with energy. The ideas I threw together have less total stats, less HP, a few advanced effects that are lacking at charms of these levels, a pitiful amount more ac (20 ac on barrier is stupid), and a Dodge or Instrument Modifier. Bards currently don't have an instrument modifier from charms, but rangers get an archery modifier? Is that fair? Or rogue backstab?

I didnt notice the stat changes, and I do agree it would be nice for bards. I just hope someone from staff could put there 2 cents in here, id like to see what they think.

Mythryn said:
Bards currently don't have an instrument modifier from charms, but rangers get an archery modifier? Is that fair? Or rogue backstab?

Yes

Any instrument modifier on a charm would be downright dumb

the 100k charm is not halfway between the 36k and 215k. there's a 64k difference between the 36k and 100k, and 115k difference between the 100k and 215k.

Clearly, if you're worried that much about progression, the jump from 100k to 215k should easily be 2x the jump from the 36k to the 100k. Except that charms are designed as platinum sinks - not necessarily as items that have a great price:reward, but as items that you have to sink inordinate amounts of money into because it's pretty much your only upgrade at that point.

As it stands, it's probably fair to keep the mana the same, bring up the wis/int to 15, and increase the saves to 10-12. Rurho's suggestion actually LOSES 20 mana from the current, brings back up the wis/int to the 36k value, and brings the resists in line with the analogous melee charm. Personally, at that level I'd rather have raw mana than int/wis, but I suppose that's a debatable point.

I still think it's overpowered to have lesser runes of healing/crits on the 100k, in addition to everything else mentioned.

Allielyn said:
the 100k charm is not halfway between the 36k and 215k. there's a 64k difference between the 36k and 100k, and 115k difference between the 100k and 215k.

Clearly, if you're worried that much about progression, the jump from 100k to 215k should easily be 2x the jump from the 36k to the 100k. Except that charms are designed as platinum sinks - not necessarily as items that have a great price:reward, but as items that you have to sink inordinate amounts of money into because it's pretty much your only upgrade at that point.

As it stands, it's probably fair to keep the mana the same, bring up the wis/int to 15, and increase the saves to 10-12. Rurho's suggestion actually LOSES 20 mana from the current, brings back up the wis/int to the 36k value, and brings the resists in line with the analogous melee charm. Personally, at that level I'd rather have raw mana than int/wis, but I suppose that's a debatable point.

I still think it's overpowered to have lesser runes of healing/crits on the 100k, in addition to everything else mentioned.

I just dont see how my suggestions are overpowered. But your opinion is respected :p

Mythryn said:
Why is that? Can you cite a reason why or are you just being a troll?

If it is anything substantial for a person who will farm 60k+, it will unbalance bard modifier progression and be an irreplaceable item. Without a substantial modifier, it will be near pointless to call it a "bard charm" and place the effect on it.

Back
Top Bottom