100k charm

+ Singing or some such would be more analogous to a + archery mod.

For comparison purposes, an instrument mod on a charm would be analogous to an archery damage Multiplier on a charm.

Regardless, the staff has done a great job at implementing other interesting instrument mods in dropped items and quest items as of late.

The best analogy I can come up with would be making a warrior charm with an aggro click on it

And anything with a +instrument skill mod would be rather pointless. It merely lessens the very very minor annoyance of the very very rare fizzle.

If we are seriously thinking about a bard charm; put a dodge modifier, FT, atk, or crit strike on it.

(Or create some bard Focus effect :toot:)

iaeolan said:
If it is anything substantial for a person who will farm 60k+, it will unbalance bard modifier progression and be an irreplaceable item. Without a substantial modifier, it will be near pointless to call it a "bard charm" and place the effect on it.
I wasn't calling it a 'bard charm' at all. I was adding something beneficial to bards yes, but not totally tailored to bards. You could just as easily make it a Singing modifier. How many bards with a 1.6 or higher singing/all modifier already have a 100k charm or better? Three? Julon, Ginam and Solefein. You can get a fucking 1.8 singing modifier from Plane of Water for christ's sake, a 1.6 mod isn't going to unbalance the world of bards.

Mythryn said:
I wasn't calling it a 'bard charm' at all. I was adding something beneficial to bards yes, but not totally tailored to bards. You could just as easily make it a Singing modifier. How many bards with a 1.6 or higher singing/all modifier already have a 100k charm or better? Three? Julon, Ginam and Solefein. You can get a fucking 1.8 singing modifier from Plane of Water for christ's sake, a 1.6 mod isn't going to unbalance the world of bards.

The original point was if the exclusion of it was fair to bards and it is, because as I pointed out earlier and you have just stated, it would be pointless to add a 1.6 singing mod to a 100k charm

You can't compare instrument mod to archery mod....Instrument mod >> Arch mod. IMO bards should stick w/ the tank charms like the rest of the DPSers

Arvistel said:
You can't compare instrument mod to archery mod....Instrument mod >> Arch mod. IMO bards should stick w/ the tank charms like the rest of the DPSers

Agree

I agree, placing an instrument modifier on the charm is way out of whack. If you want to place a skill modifier on it, that's cool. An ALL instrument mod is damn powerful, especially at a 1.6 mod... considering the best All mod is 1.8

taishar said:
especially at a 1.6 mod... considering the best All mod is 1.8

Discussion was about a 1.6 mod (or any mod) to any instrument, not necessarily an all-instrument modifier. Regardless, even a 1.6 all-instrument mod would be rather pointless considering it would only benefit a bard who doesn't raid CoD or Prison but has the means to farm 100k, which is basically nobody.

Rurho said:
Ok before anyone else posts i wanted to show the stats i was thinking.

Seferon had this idea, and it is overpowered.

Charm of Heroic Energy
12ac 12 dex 12 cha 12 wis 12 agi 75hp 175 mana
12 to all resists
ft 3
Lesser runes of healing (shield of freeport effect)

Charm of Diabolic Energy
12ac 12 dex 12 cha 12 int 12 agi 75hp 175 mana
12 to all resists
ft 3
Lesser runes of searing 3% to crit rate(searfire crit rate)

This I think looks more in line.

Charm of Heroic Energy
12ac 15 sta 15 wis 10 cha 75hp 130 mana
12 to all resists
ft 3
Lesser runes of healing (shield of freeport effect)

Charm of Diabolic Energy
12ac 15 agi 15 int 10 cha 75hp 130 mana
12 to all resists
ft 3
Lesser runes of searing 3% to crit rate(searfire crit rate)

This is alot more balanced. Also 36k charms should be bumped down to ft2.

I almost think having a 5% to crits would even be more balanced on an int version, with the 200k at 10% its still a large upgrade.

iaeolan said:
Discussion was about a 1.6 mod (or any mod) to any instrument, not necessarily an all-instrument modifier. Regardless, even a 1.6 all-instrument mod would be rather pointless considering it would only benefit a bard who doesn't raid CoD or Prison but has the means to farm 100k, which is basically nobody.
The item suggestion was Instrument Mod: All (1.6)... which to me means an ALL mod, but whatever.

Farming 100k isn't hard, just time consuming. I guarantee you that I'll have 100k long before Fusion ever starts raiding Prison.

I want to thank the staff for the charm changes, not sure who did it, but great job! they are alot more inline with progression, and the 36k charm was put right where it needed to be :)

Rurho said:
I want to thank the staff for the charm changes, not sure who did it, but great job! they are alot more inline with progression, and the 36k charm was put right where it needed to be :)
Barrier is still pretty junky, but the changes to the 36k charms were probably needed.

I still dont get why the charm of energy (100k) has AGI/DEX +9 on it, also losing 10 resist points vs the 36k charms is silly i think.

I suggest:

STA/CHA/WIS/INT(?) + 10
RESISTS + 10
FT3
No (lesser) runes

rest of the stats the same!

As Beittil said the Charm of Energy dont seem quite right yet, as it is intended for casters the dex of it feels pretty silly and changing that to stamina instead would be a good thing..

current charm stats:
Charm of Energy: (caster version of 100k charm)
FT 3
ac: 12
dex, cha, agi = 9
wis/int = 12
hp = 100
mp = 200
+4 to all resists

Charm of Barrier (melee version of 100k)
ac: 20
dex,sta, agi, str, cha = 12
hp 175
mp 75
+ effect

Holy Charm of Protection (215k charm)
ft 4 + runes of healing
ac: 24
sta, cha = 20
wis/int = 24
hp: 160
mp: 190
+15 to all resists

and the 36k charms
ft 3
ac: 15
wis(or int for other charm) and stamina = 15
hp: 80
mp: 80
resists: +30 to one resist

So comparing charm of energy towards 36k charm currently gives less to the important stats for casters/healers and a total value of 39 (counting wis/int once) for the 100k charm vs 30 for the 36k charm.. however for the 36k charm all those 30 are useful, but in 100k case only cha, wis/int and to some extent agi is really useful.. the rest not much for casters...
4 to every resist = total of 20

so, basically switching up you lose
3 ac
10 points to resists

stats about even out...

and you gain
1ft (after the change to 36k charms)
20 hp
120 mp

-- I would want to see the resists for Charm of energy upped a little bit, ac upped to 15, and dexterity points changed to points in stamina

compared to the 215k charm, the 215 k charm should probably fall in line on mana ie change 190mp to 200 just as the 100k charm has, although 10 mana isnt really a super big issue.

Tbh I reallly see 0 reason why the 36k charms had to take another nerf (on top of the mana nerf from quite a while ago) because the stats on the 100k charm didnt make sense. I would not be surprised if the 36k tier is skipped now. You don't get enough back and it's not powerful enough for an investment, imo. What probably should have happened? Take the charm of energy up a slight bit, possibly splitting it between 2 different charms for healers/casters. Jack the stats a bit, toss lesser runes in 2 flavors on the 2 different and walla. There's your new charm tier. Bumping it down was just pretty uneccessary and tbh 36k's are way underpowered.

I agree, I bought one for my druid shortly before they were nerfed, and if I'd waited a week I never would have bought it. =( 600pp for 1 ft or 36k for 2 ft. If your primary stat (wis or int) is maxed there's 35.5k spent on 1 ft.

I wish I'd never bought it.

Back
Top Bottom