Changes to Fletching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diodimus

Dalayan Elder
So, I logged on today to see that the bodytype changes have went in and fletching seems to have once again been revamped. Last time there was at least some guidance as to how to make the arrows and what mats may be needed. Now, there seems to be nothing. Is there any chance of some illumination on this?

Some changes needed to wait for a patch to happen and could not happen before and could be changed live.

Those have now happened. Everything at first glance looks to be working now. Any issues should be mentioned in IRC... or I suppose this thread works also.

----

A few things didn't make the patch notes, so I'll mention them here:

Prices on arrow ingredients (other than varnishes) have been decreased significantly. This should help players that are starting fletching, and it should help a bit with the cost of keeping around arrows for normal use.

Varnishes (non-inert) have been condensed. The prices have gone up a little bit to offset the other ingredient price changes. Still those no-bane-damage arrows are cheaper and bane damage arrows aren't more expensive.

Imbue agents have changed. If you are satisfied with +2 or +3 bane damage, you can buy the agents. If you want +4 damage, you'll have to gather the imbue agents. These arrows are moreso intended for special occasions and raids using guild bank funds (assuming you're not just letting the guild leader pocket all that raid cash).

Trap-Disarming Arrows... I have no idea if these work already. That's someone else's department. They're still nice anyway.

Remember, arrow bane damage works differently than worn bane damage, so those impending changes should not affect these arrows (minus remaining display errors).

The wiki page on Fletching (LINK) is now in need of update, so just go for it!

So, I just remembered this awesome thing that you guys put on vendors to help out. Books. It kinda helps me with what I need, so I guess I should apologize and go home now.

In the book, it mentions essence of water. Is this supposed to be the same as Essence of Cold from Siren's?

I am sure that I am being a slight annoyance, but looking at the changes, are there no longer any element based arrows such as +cold, +fire, +poison, +disease?

Two items that I have encountered issues with that are listed in the book. Dark Essence and Harthuk Horn.

When trying to combine with the five large bundles of superb varnish in a quiver I get the "you cannot combine these items" message.

I have found a total of 3 materials that this happens with: Dark Essence, Harthuk Horn, and Cyclops Toes.

All 3 items are listed in the revamped fletching book that I purchased from Vanlin in SNP.

Knowing Tarutao, I'd say that if they exist, there'd be some hint about them in-game. If he updated Fletching, he'd update the books related to Fletching so they're accurate. They might be a hint there.

So, I just remembered this awesome thing that you guys put on vendors to help out. Books. It kinda helps me with what I need, so I guess I should apologize and go home now.

This man knows how it's done. Credit due, credit given.

On a different note, if you don't mind discussing it, is there a reason behind removing the +fire/cold/disease/poison arrows? Not gonna lie, those were my best sellers besides the humanoid arrows (which are now divided into 3 different types).

The problem was that people were getting a quiver of elemental damage arrows and negating the specialization intent of the arrows. If they return, there has to be a trade-off for the wide utility that they had.

The problem was that people were getting a quiver of elemental damage arrows and negating the specialization intent of the arrows. If they return, there has to be a trade-off for the wide utility that they had.

I thought the tradeoff was that the elemental bonus damage was subject to resistance, whereas bane bonus damage was unresistible when used on the correct monster type.

I haven't played much this week so I'm not sure if elemental arrows were really removed from the game...

I truly hope this is just a very unfunny April Fool's joke...

They are gone Kedrin. The only elemental arrows still around are those made prior to the change in fletching combos. It was my understanding that the resistance was part of the trade-off as well. They didn't do quite as much as you would get for focusing on the bodytype of the mobs you were killing. I guess I will just have to keep non-special arrows stocked in the hopes that people still want good arrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom