Cleric epic

Hasrett

Dalayan Beginner
I'm sure there was a good reason for taking out the cleric epic, but is there some way it could be reimplemented, or some alternative quest for a comparable rez item?

The way things stand, newer high level guilds have a huge handicap when it comes to raiding and wiping: it's not just a matter of not having the item; it's that there's no way we can get it.

Being a L 51 cleric now, I would be thinking about starting the Cleric epic if it was in. From what I understand, it was taken out because it was thought to be too easy. Thats fine with me because when I get my epic, I want it to mean something.

I read the Cleric epic walk though as it was before, and it sounded like a decent, fun quest. Would it be possible to just add a couple more mini-quests within the epic to lengthen it some, and then put it back in without having to do a ton of work? That would help out alot of guilds with newer clerics as Hasrett mentioned.

Epic's are on the back-burner right now, and as much as I agree with you Has, don't expect anything soon. ;(

That's pretty rough on the rising guilds =/ Couldn't just put it back in the way it was (or similar, anyway, since it probably involved some LoM zones that were taken out)?

I fully agree with this. It sucks that no clerics that don't currently have it cannot get it. It lengthens getting people rezed from a wipe 3-4x than if clerics had rez shields.

Here's a suggestion to maybe tide everyone over until the cleric epic gets put back in. It seems the mana regen is the hardest part of a recovery when no clicky clerics are present. Reviviscence is currently 600 mana with a 7 sec cast time and 15 sec recast. The epic has r-click rez with a 10 sec cast time. How about a L65 upgrade to the castable spell from the shield? Maybe 200 mana but extend the cast time to 20 sec and a 10 sec recast? Would make raid wipe recovery faster, the epic would still be far superior, and for normal grouping I'd rather use the higher mana/faster casting version to get the group rolling again, assuming it wasn't a total group wipe. Besides, pallies get the same spell at 64. How many other hybrid classes can claim to inherit the best version of their parent classes "signature" spell?

I like that my class defining trait is recovering from a fuck-up.

But I do like the idea of a lower mana, higher casting rez, at least as a temporary fix.

Or if you were that dedicated to getting your raid moving faster you could bite the bullet and take a 0%. At raid level 50pp shouldn't kill you to buy off debt when the raid is over. :p

Can you pay off debt after a rez though? I know it doesn't work conversly, once you pay off a debt you can't be rezzed, even with only a 0% rez.

In the cleric guild in Newport, you can buy off debt. AFAIK it isn't affected by rezzes. Also, you can rez a corpse for 0% debt.

Target and consider the corpse, it'll tell you how much exp debt it holds.

This means that if you have 100% exp debt and die again, the new corpse will hold a 0% exp debt, thus you won't get any debt recovery by rezzing it.

I think Luciola's confusion is based on paying off the debt before hand. If you pay before getting a rez, the body becomes unrezzable. The method under discussion would be to 0% rez on the raid, then pay off the debt after the raid.

Of course, that's still kinda rough. If you wipe with 20 people it costs your guild 1k. I suspect Venerate isn't the only guild learning a lot of new mobs and wiping fairly frequently as we develop new strategies. Our raids are also based on when we have enough people on to take a target that's up, so we quite often will do two or three smaller raids in a day. That could easily add up to several kpp in one day.

How would a longer casting/recast and lower mana rez fix this and be at all balanced?

There are only a handful of times when you would need a rez in 7 seconds and could not wait the 20, the older spell would just simply not be used.

iaeolan said:
How would a longer casting/recast and lower mana rez fix this and be at all balanced?

There are only a handful of times when you would need a rez in 7 seconds and could not wait the 20, the older spell would just simply not be used.

The puller for the raid dies, happens all the time. Hit him with the quick casting/high mana rez so he can get back on his feet quicker. The clerics are all standing around FM anyway.

Back
Top Bottom