Daymare into Night: The Marlow Quest Bug Thread

EPL part is now fixed. She was on a 10 minute timer, making it near impossible for any but the most overpowered of groups to finish in time. This was not intended, and she'll now stay up until you win, or she dies.

The final area issue has also been resolved, for those who were tripping over it.

I'm having a hell of a time simply starting this quest, and I'm wondering if it's either broken or if I'm doing something wrong.

I swore Marlow on my new 63 necro Arnhem and went to greenmist and got the two Otherworldly Essence from the mobs near the old PoF portal easily enough. I've been in Yaralith at the forgotten spawns for a while now and haven't seen a single one. By "a while" I mean I have cleared out the waterworks 8 times for a total of 100+ mobs ("a forgotten spawn") and have not seen even one forgotten essence yet.

Is this normal? It seems almost inconceivable that the very first step of this quest which does not even of itself have any reward other than progression to the next step would have a droprate this low. It seems even less likely compared to the 1 in 2 droprate I got for the other essences.

Some input from people who have done the quest would be reassuring.

Both of those drops together took longer to do than the rest of the entire quest for me. So yes the drop rate sucks, but it sounds like you're having even worse luck.

I got my first essence on my 11th waterworks clear and my 2nd on the 12th, so it's not broken. I guess I just had ass luck for a while there, and it was screwing with my head.

I am at the part in the quest where I need to meet Deirdre in East Plaguelands and kill some stuff, but I am having trouble spawning her to start the event. I have tried walking all over the zone/tunnel with and without levi on but nothing has seemed to work. Just wanting to see if it is me who is bugged or if I need to do something in particular to spawn her. Any help would be awesome. Thanks! (Character name is Stever)

I believe i'm at final encounter at it's bugged. Handed in the Improved Green Muse, and did the waves, but the last wave had two of the dwarf named (same name) and six elementals. I think it's only supposed to be 1 and 3. We semi wiped, rezzed up but they didn't despawn. No way we could do double wave so we attempted to re start it.

So I talked to deidre again to restart it, but the dwarf(s) didn't despawn and the elementals joined in the fight right away from the start. So basically had to do first wave but with final wave mobs.

Want to try again on Wednesday, any suggestions?

Not sure what caused that... first I've heard of a double final. If you are concerned, PM me a time you intend try it again and I'll make sure to observe in person.

I'm at the final battle in the Arena part of the quest. I have the improved Green Muse and my journal tells me to meet Deidre in the Arena. Deidre doesn't spawn when I'm in the Arena though. I've run back and forth around the exit of the tunnel and all over the arena many times.

I've tried gating back to PoNightmare and talking to Dis or Deidre there but no luck. No response at all. This was my first time zoning into Arena too.

My character name is Cambrai.

Thanks

I tried going to Arena again to start the final fight but no luck. Nothing wants to spawn (see post above this). I guess my flag is screwed up.

Could a Dev look at my flag on Cambrai please?

Thanks

I think I have a flag issue. Part 4 daymare into night, I have the three items to turn in which temptation told me to give her in Kelethin. I cannot find her, only Deirdre and Deirdre tells me to meet her back in Nightmare at night where she is not. She returns the turn ins to me. Am I being blind or is this a bug?

EDIT: Character name - Marasik

Last edited:
I think I have a flag issue. Part 4 daymare into night, I have the three items to turn in which temptation told me to give her in Kelethin. I cannot find her, only Deirdre and Deirdre tells me to meet her back in Nightmare at night where she is not. She returns the turn ins to me. Am I being blind or is this a bug?
You are being blind. Look for Temptation in the worshipper area more. Maybe ask around, some of the residents might have seen her.

EDIT: In fact I might be wrong, a character name to look at flags would help.

Last edited:
She (Temptation) cannot be found in the maze/garden. the Dalayan version (Deirdre Grey) continues to reject turn-in items and tells me to find her at night in nightmare. while the last log I have is to see her in Kelethin to give her turn-ins for green muse omega. This is either a bug or a matter of two versions of the npc being present in Kelethin at the same time, one being the correct version which I have not found.

Character name, Marasik

To date, I have not used a tracker to scan the zone

Your flags are where they should be, but I'm 100% sure that you are handing in the wrong items.

Thanks for looking for me. I'll give my head a scratch and dive into this again. Just to be clear, I tried giving her the same items that prompted her in nightmare to instruct me to meet her in Kelethin.

Last edited:
Just to be clear as well: You do not have one of the items you need in your bags, just one of its precursors.

Thank you!

It appears somewhere along the way I destroyed my second green muse and have indeed been carrying around the wrong item. Face, meet palm...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom