dual-boxing?

HalberdBlue

Dalayan Beginner
Hi, I was thinking about restarting EQLive because although I'm enjoying EQ2, the daily downtime and the fact that I only get the chance of playing for several hours at a time maybe once a week, I occasionally get bored and would like something else to play in the meantime.

Anyways, I was about to switch to All-Access when I remembered this server... I used to play on it like a year or so ago, I think I had a lvl 30ish Troll Beastlord. I was reading through the FAQ and it mentioned that 1 person is not allowed to play 2+ characters... However I read several topics on this forum about people dual-boxing and stuff, and was wondering if the rules are outdated and you now allow it? I would probably definately play here if I could dual-box, I've never tried it before but it always sounded since. I would probably do something like Paladin/Shaman, Warrior/Cleric, SK/Shaman, whatever. I'm leaning towards Warrior/Cleric because then I could make both of them Dwarfs.

From FAQ
Q: How many accounts may I have? Is Dual Clienting allowed? How about playing several characters from the same account at the same time?
A: No person may play more than two characters at the same time, but otherwise there are no restrictions on amount of accounts/characters.

From rules
No more than two clients are allowed to be played by the same person at the same time. Different computers or the same does not matter. You are allowed to dual-client/comp, you are just not allowed to tri-client/comp. So you can play a warrior and a cleric at the same time, but you cannot play a warrior, a cleric and a paladin at the same time. You may of course play a warrior, cleric and paladin and alternate between which two you play at the same time. We do not care that you simply logged your enchanter in to buff the other two characters for a minute - you will be equally harshly punished. If you are multiple people playing from the same IP, you may play up to two characters each at the same time - what matters is how many PEOPLE are playing the characters, not how many characters are being played from the same IP.

Back
Top Bottom