easier way to advance tiers ? perhaps!!

fascav

Dalayan Adventurer
This thread is totally just experimental and to see what people say. I'm just curious about what's on everyone's mind so don't take it all seriously :p

The server population is pretty low compared to how it used to be, more 6 man content would be legit for all tiers as well as 12 man content; it would greatly increase the odds of characters to go past the tiers without "needing" so many people when sometimes it's literally impossible to get an unboxed 18 manned raid force that are all on the same tier.

But it would also rapidly increase the characters and therefor make people run out of content and then lower server population ? not sure... just a thought

a=6 man
b=12 man
c=18 man

Perhaps even making Tiers like 1a 1b 1c 2a 2b 2c etc. but also making it possible to skip from 1b to 2a or from 2b to 3a etc.

This is such a huge thought that it would probably even change the game? too much work im guessing haha. Not a bad idea tho if I say so myself

Would be very nice, to make it easier for the loot table, the 6 and 12 man version of 18man Tier content could just have scaled back gear of the 18 man Tier loot table. say 80% of 18 man stats on 12 man version and 60% stats on the 6 man or similar numbers. Would be a lot easier then completely rebalencing in whole new gear sets.

It would be cool to make a lot more T6/t12 man stuff due to low server population! that way they can progress their toons to way higher tiers bypassing 18 man raids

Of course you would have to balance it to where 6<12<18 gear wise... but make it possible for people with T2 12 man gear, raid/group for T3 6 man gear. and progress that way totally bypassing 18 man...

That's what I was getting at, just in less detail that's more easy to understand

Would be very nice, to make it easier for the loot table, the 6 and 12 man version of 18man Tier content could just have scaled back gear of the 18 man Tier loot table. say 80% of 18 man stats on 12 man version and 60% stats on the 6 man or similar numbers. Would be a lot easier then completely rebalencing in whole new gear sets.

Exactly ! :)

Haruto has been playing this game since 2007 (he was in my old guild <the haven>) and doesnt even have a character on tomes or over 200AAs. I'm not bashing him for not playing but you should spend some time on here and you will see that getting gear w/ pugs is a lot easier then it seems.

Its a lot easier to complain then to actually work on your character.

I don't have strong characters yet as I had long stints of not having internet access at all, as well as frequent breaks from ever logging in at all while having internet, and having other games occupy my time.

As for my response, I was merely adding in an idea on how this plan could be put into existence with as low of a dev work load as possible if it even would become considered.

cuz it is just for fun and enjoyment of imagination hence the very first sentence of the first post

"This thread is totally just experimental and to see what people say. I'm just curious about what's on everyone's mind so don't take it all seriously :p"

Haruto has been playing this game since 2007 (he was in my old guild <the haven>) and doesnt even have a character on tomes or over 200AAs. I'm not bashing him for not playing but you should spend some time on here and you will see that getting gear w/ pugs is a lot easier then it seems.

Its a lot easier to complain then to actually work on your character.

Getting 18 people together = work
Getting 6/12 people together = not work ?

Maybe that wasn't your point but it's kind of floating around in the background sort of maybe.

The idea of a full 6-man progression has been kicked around a bit before and I would tentatively support it. Raiding is awful in a lot of ways and 6-manning is slightly less awful I think. But, issues:

*Ringering: now more convenient than ever!
*Now hiring for Progression Shortcut position (non-tank/clr/shm/monk/rog/brd/wiz need not apply)
*Zone construction halted due to work stoppages and allegations of shady business practices among the management.

Getting 6/12 together is a lot easier.

Again, sitting around in DB the other day:

"Mature server population = lose" from some new guy while others tried to explain to him the concept of tomes, aa's, tiers etc.

We at the very least need to *seriously* consider raising the floor and putting an exp bonus on AA's and leveling if we want people to actually try to get somewhere imo.

6 man tiers page on the wiki sure does look empty.

Second Salarus on the floor raising. Expanding and tiering the AA bonus that you get for the first 50(?) would be nice. Really burn through the first 50, the next go about like the first do now, then another 50 of above average speed to help people get their essentials fast. Nobody wants a 65 tank without their hps and mitigation and whatnot AAs.

Melting T1-3 down to 6 mans, adepts, and rolling the leftovers up to T4/5 would help gear players and give a lot of T1 (the new T1, anyhow, old T4) options for young raiders to really dive into.

Obviously I am very done playing SoD, but after spending a meaningful amount of time playing recently, and as unfortunate as it is...I think there is very much some truth to the fact that unless its made a lot easier to play "catch up" so to speak, SoD will never see the numbers it once had, and will continue to see the population dwindle.

And I strongly hate that. But I've come to terms with it.

Also before this straw man comes up:

It may have gotten easier in terms of ways to acquire better gear over the past few years through TS items and drop-ables, but the amount of xp is massively disproportionate to that - and as i've mentioned in other threads - what is more fun, killing content that is difficult or farming easy mindless stuff to afford items.

Kaz, who I don't agree with on a number of things, brought up a very solid point a few years back (I *think* it was during a thread about sanctum) saying that the ceiling will inevitably raise, and we need to raise the floor along with it. I agree with him on this.

Is it possible to use AA's as a new basis for making "Adept" mobs? Could put a 400?aa max on some mobs T1 - T4 or whatever and then make them 6-man to avoid ringers?

Is it possible to use AA's as a new basis for making "Adept" mobs? Could put a 400?aa max on some mobs T1 - T4 or whatever and then make them 6-man to avoid ringers?

249aa would probably be the best cutoff since there are people that get 250 and jump right into tomes and that could cause a pretty big disparity in power between some people that these mobs would be intended for.

Is it possible to have.the same zone in multiple places? Like clam but somewhere else with different mobs? I really enjoy 6 man just killing it even if the group foesnt need loot. I find myself clearing cmal 1 and 2 not becaue I need the loot but because I genuinely like clearing the zone. I like starting in one place and clearing a "wing" and then moving onto the next. I find clearing a zone like kaesora and succoring and doing it all over again extremely boring. Having a start and an "end" is much more fun Ithink. We definatley need more mid tier 6 man. Cata as much as I love clearing it for giggles is fun but the gear is Terrible. But yah more zones with " endings " that aren't raid content please!

It wouldn't be to far fetched that other temples existed like CMAL. Many temples are made as exact replicas of another.

Back
Top Bottom