Firkaal

volvov2

Dalayan Adventurer
This eastern dragonhorn keep dragon appears to have been given the "Fire of the Chosen' AE, in addition to his "foul breath" AE, I'm hoping this is a bug because its made him 3-4 times as hard, the chosen AE was only used in stronghold of enthann afaik, and a 1700 DD -250 adj + stun AE seems to be a bit much. Thanks.

volvov2 said:
This eastern dragonhorn keep dragon appears to have been given the "Fire of the Chosen' AE, in addition to his "foul breath" AE, I'm hoping this is a bug because its made him 3-4 times as hard, the chosen AE was only used in stronghold of enthann afaik, and a 1700 DD -250 adj + stun AE seems to be a bit much. Thanks.

Why does Firkaal get random AE's all the time? Last time it was a Thazeran AE.

We avoid him all the time because he is a pita. He is at least on par with NDHK dragons (probably harder) and the loot doesn't match...

And yes the key of the fight are the AEs. Now we haven't done it in 3 monthes so I don't know if it's been changed.

Considering that AE is designed for upper tiers, i'm quite sure that it makes him harder than most of DHK if the raid cant deal with it.

volvov2 said:
Considering that AE is designed for upper tiers, i'm quite sure that it makes him harder than most of DHK if the raid cant deal with it.
If by "deal with it", you mean "heal" the AEs, yes that's what made us give up.
We went pretty far into micromanagement as to who would do what etc, where to fight, brought two bards to deal with the side effects; but the group healers always ran OOM nonetheless, the DPS were dieing and then it was going down from there.

Maybe we should try him again, but there are monsters with at least on par rewards that are easier to clear to / kill.

There's the stun, and the resist adjust on a 1750 AE (combined with another AE DoT.
You basically have to eat both, you can't expect to resist them. Not with the gear you are supposed to have at tier 1/2.

Mythryn said:
Why does Firkaal get random AE's all the time? Last time it was a Thazeran AE.

Yeah I remember that - noone even noticed until Rev took him down and wondered why we got hit by AE behind wall. Then someone looked into it and was like "Ooops".

Manluas said:
Yeah I remember that - noone even noticed until Rev took him down and wondered why we got hit by AE behind wall. Then someone looked into it and was like "Ooops".

But the point was we took him down =)

Tempus said:
But the point was we took him down =)

Yar - pretty ironic it was close to the only time we did him back then and it was when he had that badass AE. Anyways, Firk can be difficult if you are a bit past him and is definitely challenging when you are on his tier.

Manluas said:
Yar - pretty ironic it was close to the only time we did him back then and it was when he had that badass AE. Anyways, Firk can be difficult if you are a bit past him and is definitely challenging when you are on his tier.

Is he supposed to have the plane of valor AE though?

robopirateninja said:
Is he supposed to have the plane of valor AE though?

It is highly unlikely, as he is pretty beefy on his tier without it. Like was said before, a while back he randomly gained a thaz aoe and it was removed as soon as the powers that be noticed it.

Awww! I <3 Rev! That's a blanket statement that includes any guild I've been a part of that thought doing Firkaal would be "fun". =P

We just attempted Firkaal tonight (March 5th at around 1:47am EST) and he still has the enthann ae in addition to his normal disease ae.

Back
Top Bottom