[FIX FOR MULTIPLE PROCESSOR ISSUES]

BranFlakes

Dalayan Adventurer
edit from Nemx post:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html

Get AMD Dual-Core Optimizer
and
AMD Athlon™ 64/FX Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2

####################
if that doesn't work for some odd reason then please, continue:

I gained this from here: http://www.jsifaq.com/subh/tip3500/rh3542.htm

You can permanently set processor affinity for a non-operating system executable, on both Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0, by using the Imagecfg.exe tool from the \support\debug\i386 folder of a Windows NT 4.0 CD-ROM, or the Imagecfg.exe tool from the Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit Supplement One.

NOTE: Do NOT use imagecfg on any kernel operating system files.
To permanently set the processor affinity for your 32-bit executable, open a CMD prompt and type:

imagecfg -a 0xn <Drive:>\Path\yourprogram.exe
where 0xn is the affinity mask. The mask constrains your application to a specific CPU, from 0 - 31, where:

CPU MASK
0 0x1
1 0x2
2 0x4
3 0x8
4 0x10
5 0x20
6 0x40
7 0x80
8 0x100
etc

To set the affinity for "c:\util\Country Codes.exe" to processor 1, I typed:
imagecfg -a 0x2 "c:\util\Country Codes.exe"

and received the following response:

c:\util\Country Codes.exe contains no configuration information
c:\util\Country Codes.exe contains a Subsystem Version of 4.0
c:\util\Country Codes.exe updated with the following configuration information:
Process Affinity Mask: 00000002
When I launch Country Codes.exe, its' affinity is set to CPU 1
This should help those who are haveing problems with hyperthreading and certain dual cpu systems. Someone asked for this before in game, but i have been sick for almost a week now. Hope this is what you were needing.

If you're using an AMD Dual core processor, they have released new drivers and an optimization patch that makes everquest run fine without having to set processor affinity.

nemx said:
If you're using an AMD Dual core processor, they have released new drivers and an optimization patch that makes the Game run fine without having to set processor affinity.
link link link link link link

I just wanted to add this if anyone followed these steps and it still didn't work (like I did)
I have SoD in 2 separate folders for 2 separate accounts. No matter what I did I couldn't get both characters logged in at the same time. The one account would log in and than the other one wouldn't, and vice versa. I would also get constant errors at the server select screen, character select screen, and then just before the character would log in.
I read this Microsoft article. (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=896256) . I performed the regedit stuff at the bottom and I seemed to have fixed my log in problems.
I hope this helps others and if it does, please add it to the thread.

I dont know if anyone can help me with this...but i tried using the dual core optimizer and it completey F'd my system in the A.

Basically, after i installed it and restarted comp, i got the blue screen of death and had to run safe mode to uninstall/delete the program (dual core optimizer).

After that, my system booted up properly...but whenever i try to play SoD now it runs very glitchy and my character runs at 500mph...its completely unplayable. Zones are also clipping very weird, its like the zones are extremely choppy--IE: In the bank of south newport i was looking at the door from inside the bank & all i could see was clouds (and they were moving at 500mph as well).

Do you think a reinstall is in order? or is there something i can reconfigure to fix this.. any help is much appreciated. And if you need any more details, just ask. Thanks.

EDIT: I should add that i've read the Official FAQ and i dont really know how to "set affinity to sodbin.exe." The weird thing is, other 3d games run totally fine. Just SoD is experiencing this weird defect due to the dual core optimizer, which i installed, then uninstalled after it fragged my CPU. Again, thanks for any input.

with the patcher up. get to the task manager (ctr+alt+dlt). click the processes tab and find sodbin.exe, right click the process (sodbin.exe) and set affinity. unclick one of the cores and bravo. if you bot from the same pc then obviously uncheck the other core when starting up.

and if you do box and can't remember which core you set then just go to the performance tab in task manager and check which core is being used heavily while in a zone.

I have windows vista and a dual core processor. The game runs just fine for me, of course a random monster or player may be running then skip further up a head, but I figure thats just either server lag or the players connection.

You can't do it while SoD is running, you have to use imagecfg.exe in order to permanently patch the eqgame.exe.

SoD is not running, I have imagecfg file in my everquest folder.

Do i need it in my SoD folder?

Still don't understand the access denied.

It just has to be in the EQ folder. Make sure to follow this format:

Code:
imagecfg -a 0xn <Drive:>\Path\yourprogram.exe

You need to type out the entire path.

So I finally decided to put SoD on my laptop which has a AMD 64 X2 Dual-Core processor thingy. I tried everything here including typing in the "imagecfg -a 0xn <Drive:>\Path\yourprogram.exe" thing in the command prompt but it still would not work. I was getting the Access Denied message.

So anyway I found another, and perhaps simpler, way to fix the Dual-Core eqgame.exe problem.

1. Download imagecfg.
2. Unzip it to Windows\system32\ as well as Windows\system32\dllcache\.
3. Make a backup copy of your exe file.
4. Open notepad and enter the following:

imagecfg -a 0x1 eqgame.exe
pause

5.Save the file in the game directory as "processor.bat" including the quotes.

6.Double click the file processor.bat

Done and done.

Ok, I tried the fix posted by Reem, it seemed to have all gone thru, and yet, when im in combat in first person I still get a jumble of graphics instead of a simple sword strike animation I usually had on my old single core PC. Im running off a Quad Core PC. I would love to have any information on how to fix this on a Quad core since everything on here is only Duo Core related.

I tried shutting down all but one CPU via task manager while the patch is on. And Ive tried reems suggestion. It doesnt work. What must I do?

Back
Top Bottom