Give bankers some HP

GuiardoTuneweaver

Staff Emeritus
I was in tells, and wasn't paying attention, and wandered behind the bank counter in Athica like I always used to. So of course all hell breaks loose, and I end up getting killed. Well before I do, my wimpy druid pet manages to kill the banker, and I take a Athica faction hit.

With these new changes that allow 1 ogre to completely monopolize the one-and-only bank window, can you at least give the Banker some hitpoints so that when they do aggro, pet classes can die peacefully without having their faction trashed?

One thing I noticed is your at the banker and someone argos the bank and the banker argos too, closing your bank window. Not only is this annoying I went to put something in a bag and ended up trading with someone when the bag/bankwindow depoped. I could see this leading to people droping items if they have fastdrop turned on.

Could the bankers not argo, just the guards?

Nwaij said:
A solution could be to turn the Bankers in LVL1 Maxengage adepts.

That would just cause all the freaks to create level one's just to see if they can beat the banker. More like LVL 75 Minengage adept, or just being invul. The big issue really is just in Athica. And that is because Athica is now the town where people congregate. Used to be Newport and back then bankers got killed all the time there as well. How often does the Oggok banker die? I don't recall ever seeing him dead. Probably because Oggok rarely has anyone there, namely due to no neck, so not a good guild meet spot.

Thurgadin would really be a great guild meet/hang out spot if the banker and a food vendor were available 24/7. There is far more room and lil nooks where mass ports can happen without all the drama that goes along with them. But not sure if the issues we had years ago with the Banker there would still be a problem. *sigh*

Another solution would be for you guys to stop attacking bankers. I've played SOD and EverQuest and I have never ever randomly attacked an NPC just because I wasn't "paying attention", it isn't that hard.

Wiz said:
Another solution would be for you guys to stop attacking bankers. I've played SOD and the Game and I have never ever randomly attacked an NPC just because I wasn't "paying attention", it isn't that hard.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
I was in tells, and wasn't paying attention, and wandered behind the bank counter in Athica like I always used to. So of course all hell breaks loose, and I end up getting killed. Well before I do, my wimpy druid pet manages to kill the banker, and I take a Athica faction hit.

I didn't randomly attack anyone just because I wasn't "paying attention", the banker randomly attacked because I was in tells and distracted, and did exactly what I've been doing for the last 6 months and walked through an open doorway with no guard, no railing, no wall, no nothing, to get around an ogre who was taking up the entire 3 feet of space where you can see the banker.

Now, because the only banker in the only bank in the town has suddenly become possessive of a completely empty space, and instead of sending the armed guards after me decides to attack someone he has absolutely no chance of overcomming, he hits me first and the pet kills him in 3 hits, giving me a faction hit to a faction which I spent way too long raising, and now have to go back and farm the same zone (so much for encouraging variety) because there's only 1 way of raising the faction.

If you've never done anything out of habit because you were thinking about something else, I can tell you you are the exception, certainly not the norm.

P.S. I saw the banker die the same way to at least 2 other people just yesterday, and saw at least 3 other people get killed by walking back there as well.

The whole banker stuff is completely retarded. Wiz, you should know by now that simply because it's 'stupid' or only done by 'absent minded people' doesn't stop stuff from happening. Give the banker some decent HP, make him a level 1 adept, whatever. There are more banking 'issues' now with people getting killed and whatever than there ever were when it was 'more abusable'. Really easy to fix, it'd be nice if it could be done without excess faffing about.

Paranoid bankers and guards are retarded in a game where it isnt even possible to rob the bank. In addition to that, when ogres/trolls used to block the banker from view, it was possible to just walk around them. Now that isnt an option. Atleast the Newport bank has 2 bankers to prevent this congestion.

maybe you should enforce the greifing rules on people who kill the banker more than once in a 3 day period or something

Just so people know, if you need the bank for any listsend/view reasons you can target the banker and leave the bank and still be able to use it anywhere in the zone so long as the banker stays targeted. If you are auctioning stuff from your bank or organizing it go to somewhere other than Athica. The only reason someone should be standing in Athicas bank is to put stuff in/out of your bank or targeting the banker.

That no one goes to because of
1) lack of a neck (oggok, sadri, thurg)
2) Lack of faction from a starting standpoint (i.e. most races and oggok)
3) Lack of a bank (surefall)

Hell you can even get ally in sadri...and it gives? Nothing. Possibly one of the reasons no one ever goes to the previously mentioned cities is that they're essentially worthless because theres pretty much no reason to go.... at all.

Haphesto said:
Paranoid bankers and guards are retarded in a game where it isnt even possible to rob the bank. In addition to that, when ogres/trolls used to block the banker from view, it was possible to just walk around them. Now that isnt an option. Atleast the Newport bank has 2 bankers to prevent this congestion.

Agreeing with this, and adding that adding little things like 'you cant go behind the counter because you cant go behind the bank counter IRL' are stupid, changes like this simply waste a players time/patience and add absolutely nothing to the game, not even realism (its a 8+ year old game ffs).

edit: although it is funny watching the casual players who log in once a week to play who camped behind the bank get smushed, typically they are gnomes and dwarfs because they cant see over the counter very well. :)

Actually it would be more time effective to just park a shammy alt that has gotten shrink outside of the bank and log them in to shrink one every time it happens. You'd actually probably get your banking done faster that way. S'what I normally do :D

if athica bank is so congested there are plenty of other cities

You made people leave Newport who started to be crowded to Athica (who underwent a big RP change I admit) by putting multiple facilities in such a small and narrow zone , then removed Rivervale's uberness (that was up only half the time though :s). Now it's gonna be hard to make people that chose Athica as a new home to be happy :s seriously there are so many NPCs and PCs now that the zone is lagging like a 1.0 raidzone, it's impressive. I guess the only thing we can wait for is Kelethin now, teh magnificient tree city.

As a hijack, Sadri Malath is clearly underused atm... a shame considering how the Taldorians are important RPwise. I think they deserve a neck, even with RV type recast, to make people discover it as well as the Sundered Mountains. Wouldn't be really overpowering since it's pretty remote.

Back
Top Bottom